2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics thread

Started by The Zipp, January 11, 2018, 04:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Wow. Not the best hockey but still exciting...going to a shootout...

The Zipp

It's a different camera angle for each shot... including one on the crowd ???

Tough loss for our team...

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on February 17, 2018, 04:38:11 AM
Wow. Not the best hockey but still exciting...going to a shootout...

Watching them makes me sad.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on February 17, 2018, 04:46:56 AM
It's a different camera angle for each shot... including one on the crowd ???

Tough loss for our team...

Absolutely brutal job by CBC in this game especially the after stages. Even missed an attempt while camera was on the Canadian crowd! Cuthbert didn?t even know it is a 5 shooter not a 3 shooter shoot out! Quite the joke.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Great ice dancing by Virtue and Moir...then the France skater  :o oh my!!  Poor girl

The Zipp

Canada vs US for gold in women's hockey...no surprise I guess

theaardvark

How do you tie for gold After 4  bobsled runs....  amazing.  Gold though.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Ben Johnson@Ben_T_Johnson

Favourite Olympic moment so far: Canadian curler Rachel Homan's husband double-fisting his third and fourth beers while watching his wife compete against Japan. It's 9am in Korea. Not all heroes wear capes.  #PyeongChang2018

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

The Zipp

GOLD for Tessa and Scott.  Was worried and nervous for a bit ...they pulled through- what a career for them!!

BomberPride

Quote from: The Zipp on February 20, 2018, 03:26:12 AM
GOLD for Tessa and Scott.  Was worried and nervous for a bit ...they pulled through- what a career for them!!

I would have rioted. They had the better skate, and I'm honestly shocked the French scored as high as they did during their short program. After the French scored so high, I was nervous too. According to my fitbit my resting heart rate was 134 bpm during their program. Their short dance saved them in the end. Skating judges are so crooked though. Someone posted a graphic if the judges scoring during the short program and the French AND US judges gave Virtue and Scott the lowest scores.

Man, Team Homan is struggling during these games. It's been such a grind for them just to get to 3-3, and with 3-4 they're staring down the barrel of not even making the podium.
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

The Zipp

Well that sucks - no medal in curling!!

Ouch.

BomberPride

Quote from: The Zipp on February 21, 2018, 01:39:40 AM
Well that sucks - no medal in curling!!

Ouch.

Ouch is a good word.

You can tell Homan was in shell shock in her interview. "We missed Key shots" was all she could say to Colleen Jones. Team Homan is a better team than what they were this week and the result is a hard pill to take. Muirhead is no pushover, and she will be the one I'm rooting for down the rest of the stretch.

The world has gotten better. Korea is in first place right now. KOREA.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on February 19, 2018, 07:45:34 PM

Ben Johnson@Ben_T_Johnson

Favourite Olympic moment so far: Canadian curler Rachel Homan's husband double-fisting his third and fourth beers while watching his wife compete against Japan. It's 9am in Korea. Not all heroes wear capes.  #PyeongChang2018

Keep drinking buddy! Don?t stop. You?re going to need it.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Go CANADA go!!  Women?s gold medal in hockey on the line!!

Doesn?t look like it?s a hot ticket - lots of empty seats

blue_or_die

I see the rules only apply to Canada tonight so far...
#Ride?