Blue Bombers Forum
January 16, 2018, 11:47:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wild Signs Extension for 2018  (Read 1734 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 07:02:20 PM »

What was Wild's injury in 2016?  Wasn't that more of a soft tissue problem like a hamstring or something?

Sometimes the style of play of a player leads to more injuries. Wild is full out contact, reckless abandon to his body. That makes him a bit more likely to have injuries but he's a top player when healthy.

To that end I see him better as our DI backing up several roles without a drop off should he need to replace a starter in game etc.

Wild plays a very similar style to Sol-E in BC, he goes low on his tackles and often takes a beating from the knees and feet of the player he's tackling.  I'm amazed how durable Elimimian is for the amount of tackles he makes.
kkc60

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2018, 10:51:53 PM »

Similar to the Nevis signing. The timing here looks bad, as we have much bigger pending FAs to sign. But I still like the signing, so long as it's not guaranteeing a roster spot (similar to Nevis). It keeps us from going into TC next season with just rookies or 2nd year guys
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2018, 12:51:45 AM »

Great news
He will be better and healthy

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GCn17

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 02:23:33 AM »

Similar to the Nevis signing. The timing here looks bad, as we have much bigger pending FAs to sign. But I still like the signing, so long as it's not guaranteeing a roster spot (similar to Nevis). It keeps us from going into TC next season with just rookies or 2nd year guys

Some contracts just take longer to get done than others because of real world logistics. I don't think that the timing of signings necessarily mean anything. We are only a month and a half out from the end of the season. Some guys may have taken a long vacation and are unavailable right now.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 12:38:06 PM »

Fare enough let?s make a bet. That Wild makes it through even the first 9 reg season games unscathed including camp and preseason? Farmers bet.    I say NO he won?t

how about trying a little positive thinking and not bet that a buy gets hurt  Roll Eyes

pjrocksmb

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2018, 12:39:21 PM »

We didn't sign either to sit.  They are starters and will only lose their job if someone makes a huge splash at camp or they get rotated.

Both guys are good enough to start.

blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2018, 12:57:01 PM »

Great news
He will be better and healthy

Oh good, I was worried for a minute there. Thanks for the confirmation!

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
kkc60

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2018, 01:32:58 PM »

We didn't sign either to sit.  They are starters and will only lose their job if someone makes a huge splash at camp or they get rotated.

Both guys are good enough to start.
I'm just saying I hope we didn't sign Nevis to a big money deal, ditto Wild. I just hope we don't pin our hopes on Wild and JSK, because that's crazy risky
booch

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2018, 01:47:39 PM »

JSK performed quite well...and will only get better after another TC especially if he is getting projected starter reps and attention.

You have to remember in college he was a tackling machine and played all the line backing spots and some hybrid roles...so it's not like he has a lot of new things coming his way.
Another thing to remember he came into Bomber camp late..and managed to stick...so possibly with a full TC last year he may have earned a starting spot right out of the gate.
He is the least of our worries on the defensive side of the ball, and from what I have observed he flows well to the ball..knows how to scrape and get to the ball carrier without getting lost in the wash (ala Hurl) and takes great angles and pursuit lanes to the ball carrier and is a true sideline to sideline guy.

He also has the nice loose hips for a linebacker and can pivot and drop into coverage and run with a receiver coming out of the backfiels very well...I'm looking for big things from him this year actually
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2018, 01:49:21 PM »

I'm just saying I hope we didn't sign Nevis to a big money deal, ditto Wild. I just hope we don't pin our hopes on Wild and JSK, because that's crazy risky

I doubt either got big money to stay with the Bombers, but especially Wild.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
Jesse

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2018, 01:52:06 PM »

I think that RE: Nevis, we have to trust that the coaching and management staff looked at his role this past season, and discussed how he would be used next season - especially in regards to what effect the ratio will have on him - and paid him fairly to that.

He does not play a position that the average fan can look at the stat page and say he was ineffective and deserves a pay decrease.
booch

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2018, 02:00:40 PM »

when he was on roster he was very effective....tho not stat wise...he does the ugly work for the other guys to be freed up...I like his signing
Blue72

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2018, 02:36:49 PM »

I just hope that if JSK is going to be penciled in at MLB that they also bring in another guy for that spot. Don't forget we still have MOS and Hall as the coaches and they had a love for Hurl.
Blue In BC

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2018, 03:36:54 PM »

JSK was our 2nd leading tackler and he wasn't on the roster at the beginning of the season. When Wild was healthy we had Kyle Knox on the roster IIRC and then added JSK when Wild went onto the IR.

Anybody know how many games JSK actually was starting at WIL?

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2018, 03:39:56 PM »

Pretty sure he started 9 games
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: