Blue Bombers Forum
December 17, 2018, 02:55:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 expectations for the Bombers.  (Read 3429 times)
NorthernSkunk

« on: January 07, 2018, 07:15:25 PM »

I know it's early, and many players need to be signed yet,  but I have been asking myself what my expectations are for the coming season.  So for me, I expect Mr Nichols and the team to ...at the very least get us to another 12-6 record or better for the season...and another home playoff game. Maybe even the western final game( finish first in the west), And on top of that I expect a playoff win whichever our first game is in the playoffs. If Nichols and the team can accomplish that much everyone keeps their jobs for 2019 and we win it all for sure that year.......if not this year, of course I would take a cup this year as well. Just not expecting it.
VictorRomano

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:41:04 PM »

Anything less than hosting a divisional playoff final is a step backwards.
blue_or_die

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 07:41:55 PM »

For me, I don't care so much about record, but I would set 10-8 as the absolute bare minimum. I care far more what happens in the playoffs.

I expect to take whatever record we have (again, don't care too much about the details), make the playoffs, and make it to the GC game.
TBURGESS

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 09:50:48 PM »

My expectations for the 5th year of the regime:

Home playoff game - I'd like us to win more than last year, but this is my overall expectation.
At least one playoff win - If we don't get that this year, it's time for a regime change.
Better backups - Losing a couple of starters shouldn't kill our season unless those guys are Nichols and Harris at the same time.
Give up less yards and less explosion plays on 'D'.
Draft well - At least one starter/rotation guy and no, I don't mean a special teams player.
Better scouting - At least a couple of new difference makers who aren't FA acquisitions or from other CFL teams.

Being right never gets old.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 09:55:13 PM »

be competitive, games are fun to watch and at least down to the wire

improve on D

coaches continue to mature and refine

make playoffs

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Horseman

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 01:05:04 AM »

With the fact we are keeping Hall as DC, I expect us to have a decent offence but our D will be very similar to last year, not able to prevent teams from racking up the yardage again. The only hope for the D is for the Bombers to bring in some stellar FA LB's and DB's.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 01:11:39 AM »

With the fact we are keeping Hall as DC, I expect us to have a decent offence but our D will be very similar to last year, not able to prevent teams from racking up the yardage again. The only hope for the D is for the Bombers to bring in some stellar FA LB's and DB's.

Yup let's just assume that nothing will change and we will give up 600 yards in the air on D each night.....  Huh Roll Eyes - get over it already!

or maybe Hall and company will figure things out and we will see some fresh faces on the back end.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
kkc60

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 01:15:16 AM »

Yup let's just assume that nothing will change and we will give up 600 yards in the air on D each night.....  Huh Roll Eyes - get over it already!

or maybe Hall and company will figure things out and we will see some fresh faces on the back end.
A defense costing a 12-6 team a season, then proceeding to retain the defensive coach isn't exactly easy to move on from.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 03:40:11 AM »

I expect to win the Grey Cup.

I also expect that if they fail to win a playoff game that MOS will be fired. Just making the playoffs is not the measure of success any longer.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 04:03:13 AM »

Anything less than a GC with these guys would be a huge disappointment to GM

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
fansince79

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 04:30:52 AM »

I expect to win the Grey Cup.

I also expect that if they fail to win a playoff game that MOS will be fired. Just making the playoffs is not the measure of success any longer.

Agree 100%. The same old ain?t gonna cut it this year. They have to take the next step or I?m thinking O?Shea will be gone. And then we get to start all over again for the umpteenth time. Yay!?!?!?!
bustamente

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 04:32:55 AM »

Grey Cup or bust no excuses, failure not an option.
DM83

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 04:52:12 AM »

No Offense but what a goofy topic.  Nothing can be predicted at this stage.

1.) the CFL is a one year league.( any team can win the Cup )
2.) any team can win the Cup, just ignore the salary cap. ( big deal,that a team loses a draft pick.  If you have just won the cup, do fans really care that you don't have a draft pick the next year)
3.) until free agency has come and Gone, how can you say what your team will look like?  Winnipeg for instance may end up losing the core of a bad Defence.  ( not that that matters.) Who cares if any of those guys walk? Probably thousands of other Americans not in the NFL, as good or better than what manynCFL teams have.  Just look at the guys all teams sign who become "stars" in the CFL.  Without the CFL these guys would likely be working some dead end job.

So let's try this in three months.)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 05:01:40 AM »

Expecting GCn17 to change his name (soon), existing and new recruits to be capable to win their positions, scouts to bring in talent to compete and win some positions that need strengthening, a defence that is balanced to win games and continue to win turnover battles.

If the above is attainable, we will be in the Grey Cup.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
GCn18

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 11:29:31 AM »

Expecting GCn17 to change his name (soon), existing and new recruits to be capable to win their positions, scouts to bring in talent to compete and win some positions that need strengthening, a defence that is balanced to win games and continue to win turnover battles.

If the above is attainable, we will be in the Grey Cup.

My name change is coming. Season didnt officially end until Jan.1...lol

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: