Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2018, 02:18:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential free agent DB's / LB's in the CFL  (Read 11998 times)
booch

« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2018, 02:46:51 PM »

Who says he is going to come asking for big money coming off an injury...I highly doubt he does.
He lives here year round...and is settled in...I easily see a deal satisfactory to both sides, with possible playing time bonuses built in..Signing him is the least of the off-season issues..his deal will get done and be beneficial to both sides
GCn17

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2018, 02:49:48 PM »

I agree. Unless the Bombers really low ball him, I think Mo is almost a certainty to be back. He doesn't want to leave...that's half the battle.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2018, 03:47:22 PM »

I agree. Unless the Bombers really low ball him, I think Mo is almost a certainty to be back. He doesn't want to leave...that's half the battle.

Hopefully, that plays into Walters being able to retain both Randle and Heath.

Go Blue!

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2018, 01:01:55 PM »

RT .@Morley_Scott
#Esks GM Brock Sunderland says talks are on going w/ JC Sherritt "we've been in detailed conversation w/ JC"  On Adam Konor  "Very initial conversations w/ him."   #CFL   Sounds like Chris Edwards is front runner for nickle back spot replacing Kenny Ladler
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2018, 06:15:49 PM »

RT .@Morley_Scott
#Esks GM Brock Sunderland says talks are on going w/ JC Sherritt "we've been in detailed conversation w/ JC"  On Adam Konor  "Very initial conversations w/ him."   #CFL   Sounds like Chris Edwards is front runner for nickle back spot replacing Kenny Ladler

I was kinda hoping they'd let Sherritt walk and he could contend for the MLB job with the Bombers.  Konor would be worth pursuing for WIL based on both his play and passport, pushing JSK into the middle and miraculously resolving the Hurl situation.
GCn17

« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2018, 06:17:19 PM »

I was kinda hoping they'd let Sherritt walk and he could contend for the MLB job with the Bombers.  Konor would be worth pursuing for WIL based on both his play and passport, pushing JSK into the middle and miraculously resolving the Hurl situation.

I don't know where they get all the cap space from, unless they are possibly low-balling Sherrit and hoping he accepts.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2018, 06:57:34 PM »

I don't know where they get all the cap space from, unless they are possibly low-balling Sherrit and hoping he accepts.

They may be pulling off the same roster tricks as the Riders, after all both teams employed Chris Jones, so cheating the SMS by paying money off the books could be well entrenched in their culture.
gbill2004

« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2018, 12:41:39 AM »

From Adam Bighill: Signed a contract to return to the @Saints this coming season. We have something special going on and I'm glad to be a part of it! Best believe I'm coming for everything! #savagelife #99reasons
Blue In BC

« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2018, 04:27:58 PM »

Like many teams they have many players as potential free agents. Not all can or will be re-signed. Aside from up front money the SMS is close to irrelevant at this time of the off season.

Trades, releases all will come into play at a later date.

At the moment they still have 29 players as potential free agents. Many starters among that list.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 04:32:07 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
GCn17

« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »

Like many teams they have many players as potential free agents. Not all can or will be re-signed. Aside from up front money the SMS is close to irrelevant at this time of the off season.

Trades, releases all will come into play at a later date.

At the moment they still have 29 players as potential free agents. Many starters among that list.

Sure, but you still have to take into consideration what they've spent on some positions already. That has to be made up for somewhere else. You are forgetting that despite the fact they have the most FA's they also have the most players signed right now and a ton of them are expensive. Obviously they will have to let a lot of players walk in FA this year, but even so with the players currently under contract somethings gotta give over there or they will be forced to play a lot of rookie imports this year.

Blue In BC

« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2018, 07:30:52 PM »

Sure, but you still have to take into consideration what they've spent on some positions already. That has to be made up for somewhere else. You are forgetting that despite the fact they have the most FA's they also have the most players signed right now and a ton of them are expensive. Obviously they will have to let a lot of players walk in FA this year, but even so with the players currently under contract somethings gotta give over there or they will be forced to play a lot of rookie imports this year.

If you're speaking about Edmonton that is not correct IMO. Sherritt, Konar ,White, Watson, Hoffman Ellis, Hunt, Peters, Rottier, Cummins, Figeroa, Hazelton, Groulx, Grymes, Hightower are among some key starters on 46 AR.

IIRC, the Esks have 69 players with 29 potential free agents, prior to signing Glenn.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:36:57 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
gbill2004

« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2018, 03:37:06 PM »

Ticats just re-signed Demond Washington. 
GCn17

« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2018, 03:52:05 PM »

If you're speaking about Edmonton that is not correct IMO. Sherritt, Konar ,White, Watson, Hoffman Ellis, Hunt, Peters, Rottier, Cummins, Figeroa, Hazelton, Groulx, Grymes, Hightower are among some key starters on 46 AR.

IIRC, the Esks have 69 players with 29 potential free agents, prior to signing Glenn.

The Esks have the most players under contract right now. They, also, have the most FA's because of the whopping number of players they had under contract last year due to injury. Yes, they have some expensive pending FA's right now but the players currently under contract are not cheap. That is what is meant by something has to give. Some very good pending FA's are not going to be re-signed.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 03:53:51 PM by GCn17 » Logged

gbill2004

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2018, 05:25:26 PM »

JC Sherritt just re-signed with Edmonton. 
thunderNlightning

« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »

JC Sherritt just re-signed with Edmonton. 

I?m afraid to say it, but looks like we may have to rely on our scouts to plug some of our holes. And we know how that?s worked out for us lately.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: