Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2018, 09:05:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential free agent DB's / LB's in the CFL  (Read 11979 times)
thunderNlightning

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2018, 02:38:54 AM »

Awesome for them....awesome for us as it weakens to very strong teams in our division.

Yeah, but those two organizations do very well in finding talent every year that become impact players!
fansince79

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2018, 04:46:03 PM »

Instead of overpaying for a free agent MLB how bout just for ***** and giggles our scouting staff actually does their job and finds us a real MLB like most other teams instead of having a jersey filler like Hurl.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2018, 05:20:28 PM »

Instead of overpaying for a free agent MLB how bout just for ***** and giggles our scouting staff actually does their job and finds us a real MLB like most other teams instead of having a jersey filler like Hurl.

Why would they have to overpay for a free agent? Huh

Dipping into free agency for a proven MLB seems like a better and more sure option than trying to scout an unknown player who'd have an immediate impact. The team doesn't have the luxury of the latter at this point, IMO. They've wasted enough time trying to scout a MLB already.

Go Blue!

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
Blue In BC

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2018, 05:27:52 PM »

Why would they have to overpay for a free agent? Huh

Dipping into free agency for a proven MLB seems like a better and more sure option than trying to scout an unknown player who'd have an immediate impact. The team doesn't have the luxury of the latter at this point, IMO. They've wasted enough time trying to scout a MLB already.

Some of this is going to come down to what positional players are available once free agency hits. That and their SMS demands and willingness to come to Winnipeg.

Very probable we sign a couple of very good veteran players for bigger salaries. Could be LB, DB or receiver since those are the positions we need the most help and the largest potential group of free agents.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:42:06 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2018, 05:30:03 PM »

YAH! what he said!!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2018, 07:57:23 PM »

Ted Wyman‏ @Ted_Wyman
Winnipeg Blue #Bombers GM Kyle Walters admits it's going to be difficult for team to sign all three of DBs Chris Randle, T.J. Heath and Moe Leggett. "It?s impossible to pay everybody what they all want. It?s just a reality of our league unfortunately," he said. #CFL More below:

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2018, 08:20:38 PM »

Ted Wyman‏ @Ted_Wyman
Winnipeg Blue #Bombers GM Kyle Walters admits it's going to be difficult for team to sign all three of DBs Chris Randle, T.J. Heath and Moe Leggett. "It?s impossible to pay everybody what they all want. It?s just a reality of our league unfortunately," he said. #CFL More below:

If I had to choose 2 out of the 3, it would be Randle and Moe.
Blue In BC

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2018, 08:27:08 PM »

If I had to choose 2 out of the 3, it would be Randle and Moe.

It's more difficult to find a top HB than a top CB. Tough call.

No more excuses.
Blue72

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »

Would Randle be able to play Sam, HB plus his original CB? How is Leggett doing on his recovery, would he be able to show something earlier or after TC?
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2018, 08:47:01 PM »

Tough choice. All are getting up there in age, which I've put in brackets. Here's how I would rank them in importance assuming Leggett is totally healthy, which obviously he isn't, so it's tough to know exactly but here I go:

1) Leggett (31)
2) Heath (29)
3) Randle (30)

Here's how it might have to go due to age and injury:

1) Heath (29)
2) Randle (30)
3) Leggett (31)
Blue In BC

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2018, 08:48:51 PM »

Would Randle be able to play Sam, HB plus his original CB? How is Leggett doing on his recovery, would he be able to show something earlier or after TC?

Probably, he's pretty athletic. Heath might have the lowest current salary of the group but we don't know who wants how much of an increase.

Randle as the most veteran might have the highest current salary and that might play against him in negotiations.

Leggett's injury to his achilles leaves room for concern but we haven't seen the medical reports or know where he is in his recovery.

All 3 are great players and I hope we can retain all 3 but on the surface I think Randle might be the most expensive to re-sign. When you equate that across the rest of the free agents to re-sign that could be an issue.

At the moment we don't have replacements for any of them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:50:43 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
gobombersgo

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2018, 09:09:19 PM »

Alouettes cover man Jonathon Mincy signs with Chicago Bears
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/10/alouettes-cover-man-jonathon-mincy-signs-with-chicago-bears/

gbill2004

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2018, 09:15:49 PM »

Randle has played SAM before for the Bombers.  He was good, but not nearly as good as Leggett.   
theaardvark

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2018, 09:29:30 PM »

I's suspect that Heath will be the odd one out, just because of tenure and coming off an entry level deal.  The increase to fit him will be large.  Randle and Leggett might get incremental raises, but not on the scale that Health will be looking for.  Of the three, while none are "locker room cancers", Heath has had less of a leadership role.

It may come down to Walters saying "there is X amount of SMS we can spend, I can sign two of you.  The first two to sign get the deal on the table...".  I have no doubt that Walters has offered "fair" contracts to all of them.   Two will probably sign "more than fair" deals.  Not as much as they want, but more than Walters wants to pay.

Maybe he pulls off a shocker and gets all three. 

The decision might also be influenced by prospects coming in...  if we have a stud lined up on an entry level deal, it can make a player more expendable...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
bunker

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2018, 09:52:37 PM »

Tough choice. All are getting up there in age, which I've put in brackets. Here's how I would rank them in importance assuming Leggett is totally healthy, which obviously he isn't, so it's tough to know exactly but here I go:

1) Leggett (31)
2) Heath (29)
3) Randle (30)

Here's how it might have to go due to age and injury:

1) Heath (29)
2) Randle (30)
3) Leggett (31)

I would sign Randle and Heath if we can only afford 2. I love Leggett, but his injury worries me. The average time line for return from achilles injuries in pro athletes is 11 months. This would put him at mid September I believe, meaning he's probably missing at least 13 weeks of the season. One third of pro athletes are never able to return, and most of those that do cannot return to their previous level of play.

http://lermagazine.com/article/return-to-football-after-achilles-tendon-rupture
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: