Blue Bombers Forum
August 15, 2018, 04:33:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential free agent DB's / LB's in the CFL  (Read 14527 times)
Jesse

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2018, 05:08:20 PM »

I'd like to see what Chungh can do at LG.  I don't think he'll have a problem guarding Nichols blind side...  and then Couture comes in at RG.  Keep Neufeld as 6th man, his versatility is key, and keeping him healthy is important.

I think that is a very sound Oline, even without Bond.

The same thing he does at RG? I don't understand why you would switch him.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2018, 05:09:05 PM »

I know they are pretty high on Foketi but it seems Hardrick and Foketi are both more suited at T than at G.

Nothing prevented us from starting Foketi when Bond was injured and we choose to start Neufeld instead. While their were ratio implications, neither Neufeld or Foketi earned starting roles in 2017.

In his stints with both BC and Sask. Hardrick played guard so he is the one that would probably replace Neufeld if they decided to revert to 3 imports on the O-line.
Jesse

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2018, 05:10:11 PM »

In his stints with both BC and Sask. Hardrick played guard so he is the one that would probably replace Neufeld if they decided to revert to 3 imports on the O-line.

I just can't see a situation where that happens this season.
GCn18

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 05:18:58 PM »

Not unless we get Westerman and Bond back. That's the only way a 3 IMP line can be contemplated.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2018, 05:25:27 PM »

I honestly can, the O-line is the bedrock of the offence and they struggled for years to achieve the consistency they exhibited in the last 1.5 years since plugging in Bond.  It all comes down to protection and if Nichols is taking multiple shots every game because of breakdowns on the O-line they have to adjust asap to preserve him.  Not saying that will happen with Neufeld at G. but not sold on Couture or Spooner backing him up until I see that they are competent game in, game out. 
GCn18

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 05:26:38 PM »

I honestly can, the O-line is the bedrock of the offence and they struggled for years to achieve the consistency they exhibited in the last 1.5 years since plugging in Bond.  It all comes down to protection and if Nichols is taking multiple shots every game because of breakdowns on the O-line they have to adjust asap to preserve him.  Not saying that will happen with Neufeld at G. but not sold on Couture or Spooner backing him up until I see that they are competent game in, game out. 

Who are our 7 NAT starters going to be if we go 3 IMP OL?

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2018, 05:29:57 PM »

Not unless we get Westerman and Bond back. That's the only way a 3 IMP line can be contemplated.

Why Bond?  He's semi-replaceable.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »

Who are our 7 NAT starters going to be if we go 3 IMP OL?
I would make sacrifices on the receiving core if it became an issue protecting Nichols.  It's that important.  I still believe Demski is coming home.
GCn18

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2018, 05:32:57 PM »

Why Bond?  He's semi-replaceable.

Because otherwise a 3 IMP OL doesn't make sense. Bond is that good that I would consider shortchanging another position with a NAT starter. If you are getting allstar OL play from your IMP OG then it's not worth it unless we can find another couple bluechip NAT starters somewhere.

gbill2004

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2018, 05:33:33 PM »

I would make sacrifices on the receiving core if it became an issue protecting Nichols.  It's that important.  I still believe Demski is coming home.
So you figure we start 2 Canadian receivers this season?
theaardvark

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2018, 05:34:30 PM »

The same thing he does at RG? I don't understand why you would switch him.

LG is a more important spot on the Oline... just like LT is more important than RT... 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2018, 05:49:07 PM »

So you figure we start 2 Canadian receivers this season?

It's an option, but only "if" the 3 Natl. O-line fails to keep Nichols safe which remains to be seen.  It should be apparent within the first 4-6 games if they can carry on without a hitch in protection from last season.  If Nichols is sacked 4-5 times per game, there is a problem.  Demski could at least replace Denmark without a drop off so I don't see an issue with adding a highly skilled Cdn. receiver if they can sign one.
GCn18

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »

It's an option, but only "if" the 3 Natl. O-line fails to keep Nichols safe which remains to be seen.  It should be apparent within the first 4-6 games if they can carry on without a hitch in protection from last season.  If Nichols is sacked 4-5 times per game, there is a problem.  Demski could at least replace Denmark without a drop off so I don't see an issue with adding a highly skilled Cdn. receiver if they can sign one.

I'll take Demski as well. However, whether we go 3 IMP at OL is a decision that needs to be made now and then responded to in FA and the draft. If we wait and see if we have the horses on a 3 NAT OL, it may be too late to get the IMP OG that will make the difference to our line.

gobombersgo

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2018, 11:23:15 PM »

Stampeders defender Shaquille Richardson signs with Oakland Raiders
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/09/stampeders-defender-shaquille-richardson-signs-oakland-raiders/

Eskimos all-star defender Kenny Ladler signs with Washington Redskins
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/09/eskimos-star-defender-kenny-ladler-signs-washington-redskins/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:26:21 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

GCn18

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2018, 02:25:05 AM »

Stampeders defender Shaquille Richardson signs with Oakland Raiders
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/09/stampeders-defender-shaquille-richardson-signs-oakland-raiders/

Eskimos all-star defender Kenny Ladler signs with Washington Redskins
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/09/eskimos-star-defender-kenny-ladler-signs-washington-redskins/

Awesome for them....awesome for us as it weakens to very strong teams in our division.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: