Blue Bombers Forum
August 15, 2018, 04:32:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential free agent DB's / LB's in the CFL  (Read 14489 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2018, 06:43:22 PM »

Not much left for the LB position, MLB maybe Reed and Greg Jones from Ottawa could come cheap as he didn't play last year but before that he was pretty good.
Woods is still un-signed. 
TecnoGenius

« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2018, 09:38:24 AM »

Not much left for the LB position, MLB maybe Reed and Greg Jones from Ottawa could come cheap as he didn't play last year but before that he was pretty good.

Please Please Please: Taylor Reed.  Double-please Taylor Reed cheap!  Woods would also be good, but he ain't going to be cheap.  We get Reed, and we are under SMS cap, then we cleaned up this FA and are fielding an '18 GC team!

GCn18

« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2018, 12:05:32 PM »

Please Please Please: Taylor Reed.  Double-please Taylor Reed cheap!  Woods would also be good, but he ain't going to be cheap.  We get Reed, and we are under SMS cap, then we cleaned up this FA and are fielding an '18 GC team!

I hope we do go after Taylor Reed, however, he was a guy that O'Shea let go already.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2018, 01:24:33 PM »

I hope we do go after Taylor Reed, however, he was a guy that O'Shea let go already.

He was on the Bombers PR in 2013, the year before O'Shea got here, and left to sign with the Cowboys, and then the Pats..  not sure how O'Shea "let him go"...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:35:36 PM by theaardvark » Logged

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
booch

« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2018, 01:28:12 PM »

you calling Mike a Hoe??
GCn18

« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2018, 01:36:15 PM »

He was on the Bombers PR in 2013, the year before O'Shea got here, and left to sign with the Cowboys, and then the Pats..  not sure hoe O'Shea "let him go"...

Taylor Reed, according to an interview he gave to the Hamilton Spec, had a deal with Kyle Walters to return if the NFL didn't work out. In that offseason the Bombers changed coaches and when Reed was set to return Walters informed him he could shop himself around the league instead.

theaardvark

« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2018, 01:43:31 PM »

you calling Mike a Hoe??

Sad when spellcheck doesn't notice obvious mis-keys, no even sure why hoe is in my dictionary...  but thanks for pointing it out, fixed.

Taylor Reed, according to an interview he gave to the Hamilton Spec, had a deal with Kyle Walters to return if the NFL didn't work out. In that offseason the Bombers changed coaches and when Reed was set to return Walters informed him he could shop himself around the league instead.

So, we had an illegal side deal made with him?  And didn't honour it when he came back to the CFL after the season started?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2018, 01:56:26 PM »

How does that confirm O'Shea didn't want him around, though?

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
the paw

« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2018, 02:39:45 PM »

If you recall, Etch was the DC that year, so who the heck knows what he was looking for.  And they went with the veteran Kuale instead, which I think everyone kind of assumes was largely because O'Shea knew him in Toronto. 

But of course that doesn't mean O'Shea's opinion of Reed was negative, or that it has frozen in time.  The guy has put up 4 seasons as a CFL starter since then.

grab grass 'n growl
GCn18

« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2018, 02:41:47 PM »

Sad when spellcheck doesn't notice obvious mis-keys, no even sure why hoe is in my dictionary...  but thanks for pointing it out, fixed.

So, we had an illegal side deal made with him?  And didn't honour it when he came back to the CFL after the season started?

He was on our PR...no illegal side deal. He was a FA.

GCn18

« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2018, 02:42:56 PM »

It doesn't necessarily mean that Osh didn't want him. It only confirms that he could have had him but passed. Could be a multitude of reason why. One of them could be that Osh didn't want him. Could have been Walters or Etch or even SMS or roster room. All I'm saying is that we could have had him before Hamilton but didn't take him. As the paw says things could have changed, circumstances, opinions....or they may not have.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:45:22 PM by GCn17 » Logged

blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2018, 02:58:18 PM »

If you recall, Etch was the DC that year, so who the heck knows what he was looking for.  And they went with the veteran Kuale instead, which I think everyone kind of assumes was largely because O'Shea knew him in Toronto. 

But of course that doesn't mean O'Shea's opinion of Reed was negative, or that it has frozen in time.  The guy has put up 4 seasons as a CFL starter since then.

So, we can blame Etch...? Grin

It doesn't necessarily mean that Osh didn't want him. It only confirms that he could have had him but passed. Could be a multitude of reason why. One of them could be that Osh didn't want him. Could have been Walters or Etch or even SMS or roster room. All I'm saying is that we could have had him before Hamilton but didn't take him. As the paw says things could have changed, circumstances, opinions....or they may not have.

Too bad the team did pass on him. The Bombers haven't had good MLBing since Muamba went south.

I just hope Walters addresses this position. And soon.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
GCn18

« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2018, 03:00:40 PM »

So, we can blame Etch...? Grin

Too bad the team did pass on him. The Bombers haven't had good MLBing since Muamba went south.

I just hope Walters addresses this position. And soon.

Hindsight can give us 20/20 vision on this for sure, at the time he was just a guy we had a cup of coffee with. Imagine no Kuale or Sam Hurl at MLB though....that one hurt.

The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2018, 04:17:17 PM »

From kyries Hebert this morning:

When someone tells you they don?t want you then shows you they don?t want you .. do yourself a favour! Believe them!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2018, 04:19:06 PM »

From kyries Hebert this morning:

When someone tells you they don?t want you then shows you they don?t want you .. do yourself a favour! Believe them!

kind of like 'what part of no don't you understand?', lol....  I broke up with a girl once on Valentine's Day, wanted her to know that I was serious...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: