Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2018, 07:28:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  
Author Topic: current available free agents  (Read 9256 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2018, 08:54:37 AM »

From cfl.ca "Best of the rest" article...

Kirby Fabien | OL

While Kirby Fabien may have fallen out of favour on a Lions O-line looking to upgrade, the former first round pick should be coveted as a potential inside starter with national status. The 27-year-old started 17 of 18 games last season for the Leos and has played all 18 games in each of his last four seasons.

Inside starter.  He's going to sign somewhere for starting money with up front cash, a luxury you can't afford for "next man up".  And really, do you want to bring in a vet Olineman that BC is walking away from?  Looks like they are going with Viallancourt, and they signed Greaves to back him up...  Greaves...  BC has had him for 5 years, and has decided they'd rather have Greaves as "next man up"... 
Seems Harvey is wanting to put his stamp on the Lions, and in doing so, he?s giving away some very good players and replacing them with lesser talent.
DM83

« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2018, 09:41:28 AM »

Graves! He's stesling money.
GCn18

« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2018, 02:26:35 PM »

From cfl.ca "Best of the rest" article...

Kirby Fabien | OL

While Kirby Fabien may have fallen out of favour on a Lions O-line looking to upgrade, the former first round pick should be coveted as a potential inside starter with national status. The 27-year-old started 17 of 18 games last season for the Leos and has played all 18 games in each of his last four seasons.

Inside starter.  He's going to sign somewhere for starting money with up front cash, a luxury you can't afford for "next man up".  And really, do you want to bring in a vet Olineman that BC is walking away from?  Looks like they are going with Viallancourt, and they signed Greaves to back him up...  Greaves...  BC has had him for 5 years, and has decided they'd rather have Greaves as "next man up"... 

This is pure speculation on your part that you are trying to present as fact to try and make your argument. You conveniently left out the fact that the writer of the article you have quoted also opines that he would make a good 6th OL for a few teams around the league. He is currently unemployed and has lost his starting job on the league's worst OL. He is not going to get starting money, and I highly doubt he is asking for it, nor is he likely to get a bunch of money up front. FTR, I'm against signing him because I don't think we need him in comparison to a player like Muamba. That is the reason to rule him out, not the false narrative you are trying to spin.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2018, 02:42:49 PM »

Seems Harvey is wanting to put his stamp on the Lions, and in doing so, he?s giving away some very good players and replacing them with lesser talent.

I'm surprised Hervey hasn't snapped up Eddie Steele yet as he is the one that initially brought him to Edmonton.
Blue In BC

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2018, 03:32:27 PM »

Remaining free agents besides Muamba that might be of interest: Gavins, Owasu-Ansah and Greg Jones.

Not really expecting us to look to adding other veteran DB's but I MIGHT rank them higher than Clarke or Gaitor. Both are possibly more expensive players which could be why they remain unsigned.
I always found Gavins in particular to be a play maker and very versatile.

Greg Jones as a possible MLB candidate but only if there is a tryout type contract to compete in TC. He wasn't bad in 2015 - 2016 but 2017 he only played one game.

By my count we're down to 46 free agents on the list. There are 6 that have signed that are still on the list on page 1.

Slimmer and slimmer pickings by the hour.

If we have money set aside for Muamba and don't get him ( don't think we really will ) then I think it's likely we're finished with those on the  free agency list.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  

Jump to: