Blue Bombers Forum
January 16, 2018, 11:48:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential free agent DB's / LB's in the CFL  (Read 2436 times)
Blue In BC

« on: January 06, 2018, 09:09:16 PM »

Some top talent might reach free agency besides our top DB's

Gavins
Foster
Evans
Campbell
Grymes
White
Awasu-Ansah
Ladler

A couple may be bound for NFL attempts, some will re-sign with current teams.

Campbell, Ladler and Gavins would be at the top of my wish list whether re-sign Heath and Randle or not. If we don't re-sign our guys then the list becomes even more interesting if free agency is reached.

I can dream can't I?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:34:54 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 10:21:59 PM »

Shaquille Richardson from Stamps should be on that list. He plays SAM but SAM is technically a DB position.

Blue In BC

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 11:19:22 PM »

Shaquille Richardson from Stamps should be on that list. He plays SAM but SAM is technically a DB position.

I only listed a few potentially available. There are a bunch of others as well. We'll see who's left by free agency and whether we can re-sign our guys. I don't know how much concern the Bombers have about Leggett's recovery but that could be a curve ball.

Richardson, Gavins and Ladler all might be candidates at SAM I suppose. Gavins is really flexible / talented and has several years experience. Could fill any of 3 positions IMO.

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 11:22:44 PM »

Some top talent might reach free agency besides our top DB's

Gavins
Foster
Evans
Campbell
Grymes
White
Awasu-Ansah
Ladler

A couple may be bound for NFL attempts, some will re-sign with current teams.

Campbell, Ladler and Gavins would be at the top of my wish list whether re-sign Heath and Randle or not. If we don't re-sign our guys then the list becomes even more interesting if free agency is reached.

I can dream can't I?

I really like Campbell and White
thunderNlightning

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 05:07:41 PM »

What about doing a free agent linebacker list that are going to be in demand if available?
Blue In BC

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 05:14:53 PM »

What about doing a free agent linebacker list that are going to be in demand if available?

There are over 200 potential free agents and the list is over on CFL.CA. I think someone even broke it down by position. Probably not a lot of point yet in being too specific but there seemed to be a large number of DB's in the list. Even the Bombers have 3 top players as potential free agents.

As far as LB's IIRC there are less available but Sherritt and Konar ( A Canadian to boot ) would be of great interest. If Sherritt has fully recovered and becomes an SMS casualty in Edm.

EDIT: Taylor Reed, Bear Woods, Larry Dean, Jeff Knox and Sedarius Bryant are also on the list.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:19:33 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 06:27:44 PM »

We need Heath and Randall. We need Leggett to be OK.

I'm very concerned about our secondary. Throw in huge question marks at MLB too.

We may be looking at some major personnel changes on D, and while they were a weakness at times, there is some real leadership we have the potential to lose.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Blue In BC

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 06:41:38 PM »

There are many outstanding questions on defense starting with are we able to keep our potential free agents that we want to keep.

There are 4 that seem obvious: Heath, Randle, Westerman and Leggett. At some level Westerman might be the most critical due to ratio issues in the starting 7.

Without knowing salary demands it's impossible to really predict what happens. All we know is that if we lose or choose to lose players there will be options.

An entire new team roster ( of potential free agents ) could be assembled today hypothetically. That won't be true come actual free agency day and all SMS / ratio considerations. Does make it easy to make a wish list though.

No more excuses.
Blue72

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 07:14:49 PM »

Are the bombers thinking of going with a extra Nat in the DB, with the signing of Dreck Jones, Kahlen Branning and Abubakarr Conteh. This would open a Imp spot and the 2 IMP rookies we had there last year were not that impressive.

We were pretty bad on the defensive side of the ball and with deleting of Todd Howard and giving MOS friend Glen Young an extra job doesn't look good. Glenn's LBers were very weak making the DB's have to come up and help leaving opening in the back field. So if he couldn't make our LB do a good job then how could he handle 2 jobs.

Mos has said will get more involved with the defensive side but even him, he is still involved with ST's and still making mistakes as a HC and still trying to learn and get better, how could he take on another job?

Will this be the end of MOS if this team doesn't make the playoffs. This is his team now with coaches that he has kept or hired, plus by now these are the players he wants or trusts.

Other teams seam to be changing or improving on there coaching staff EG: Ottawa with 2 good DC on staff, Hammy changing there coaching staff to the better than what they started with last year, BC changing staff and Montreal well anything would be better then last year. We seem to sit on the fence until everyone is finished then we take what is left.

We have brought in a number of LBers but most of them are ST players not true LB, maybe it is time to thin this area out and start bringing in guys that a true LBers and ST players. We have a lot of 3rd and 4th string players on this team if released wouldn't go far or anywhere, time to release some of them to open spots for maybe 2nd string or better 3rd string backups.

The way we stand now I don't think we would even make the playoffs this year, people say we just need a couple guys well. EG:
Very poor LBers
poor backup QBs
Poor DB's
average to below average receiving core
ST above average but could do BETTER on the return game.
poor D play calling
Not moving the ball down field enough
great RB in Harris but a year older and don't think he could take all the hits that he took last year
guys not prepared to start a game until 2nd quarter
giving away big plays when we need a stop
opposition receivers really open down field with no one even close to them
having a problem with man coverage, and playing mostly zone

Sorry for sounding so unset and down with this team this year but so far nothing has jumped off saying that we are trying to improve yet, MOS has to become a HC and not a Buddy for his players and coaches if they are not producing. I'm in my upper 60's and time is running out, We need a Cal Murphy type great coach that wouldn't put up with any BS. People say that MOS is a players coach but so was Mike Reilly and at least Mike had production from his team.

We shouldn't have to count on FA to improve our team, I think this is year 4 for this group I guess time will tell at the end of 2018. Do we start over in 2019 or does upper management step in mid season.
kkc60

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 07:21:48 PM »

Are the bombers thinking of going with a extra Nat in the DB, with the signing of Dreck Jones, Kahlen Branning and Abubakarr Conteh. This would open a Imp spot and the 2 IMP rookies we had there last year were not that impressive.

We were pretty bad on the defensive side of the ball and with deleting of Todd Howard and giving MOS friend Glen Young an extra job doesn't look good. Glenn's LBers were very weak making the DB's have to come up and help leaving opening in the back field. So if he couldn't make our LB do a good job then how could he handle 2 jobs.

Mos has said will get more involved with the defensive side but even him, he is still involved with ST's and still making mistakes as a HC and still trying to learn and get better, how could he take on another job?

Will this be the end of MOS if this team doesn't make the playoffs. This is his team now with coaches that he has kept or hired, plus by now these are the players he wants or trusts.

Other teams seam to be changing or improving on there coaching staff EG: Ottawa with 2 good DC on staff, Hammy changing there coaching staff to the better than what they started with last year, BC changing staff and Montreal well anything would be better then last year. We seem to sit on the fence until everyone is finished then we take what is left.

We have brought in a number of LBers but most of them are ST players not true LB, maybe it is time to thin this area out and start bringing in guys that a true LBers and ST players. We have a lot of 3rd and 4th string players on this team if released wouldn't go far or anywhere, time to release some of them to open spots for maybe 2nd string or better 3rd string backups.

The way we stand now I don't think we would even make the playoffs this year, people say we just need a couple guys well. EG:
Very poor LBers
poor backup QBs
Poor DB's
average to below average receiving core
ST above average but could do BETTER on the return game.
poor D play calling
Not moving the ball down field enough
great RB in Harris but a year older and don't think he could take all the hits that he took last year
guys not prepared to start a game until 2nd quarter
giving away big plays when we need a stop
opposition receivers really open down field with no one even close to them
having a problem with man coverage, and playing mostly zone

Sorry for sounding so unset and down with this team this year but so far nothing has jumped off saying that we are trying to improve yet, MOS has to become a HC and not a Buddy for his players and coaches if they are not producing. I'm in my upper 60's and time is running out, We need a Cal Murphy type great coach that wouldn't put up with any BS. People say that MOS is a players coach but so was Mike Reilly and at least Mike had production from his team.

We shouldn't have to count on FA to improve our team, I think this is year 4 for this group I guess time will tell at the end of 2018. Do we start over in 2019 or does upper management step in mid season.
I actually agree with this. We have a really weird team 
Blue In BC

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 08:19:29 PM »

Branning and Contech haven't made the roster yet. I'd be stunned if we end up with a 2nd Canadian starting in the secondary. At best we might be able to eliminate an import DB as a DI but even that is wishful thinking IMO.

No more excuses.
SSC

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 08:20:55 PM »

While I share your frustration and confusion Blue72 but it's only January. In the era of one year contracts every team can look vastly different from one year to the next.
 I agree with your assessment of  what really was one of the most awaited announcements this off season , that of R.Hall and the "defence by committee" commitment made by MOS. I can't help feeling the coaches will be spread thin and something will suffer. However, I feel ( I hope) the hiring of Younger is the beginning of change in regard to the defensive coaching staff. I think MOS and Co. are awaiting input from Younger to continue with this evolution.

Yes, this will be the litmus test for the Bombers management and coaching staff. But I believe they've earned the chance to try to take this team to the next level.
booch

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 09:27:02 PM »

Branning dressed for quite a few games and saw lots of ST duties..and some defensive reps. And didn't look out of place.
Conteh dressed for 3 I believe and had same role
Blue In BC

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 10:22:38 PM »

Branning dressed for quite a few games and saw lots of ST duties..and some defensive reps. And didn't look out of place.
Conteh dressed for 3 I believe and had same role

Games were 6 and 2 respectively. No DT's for either and 2 ST's for Contech. Games played were due to injuries requiring PR guys to be activated.

So they might be fighting for AR roles and might have some upside. All I'm saying is for the moment I wouldn't be counting on either to be starters quite yet. If they can make good contributions on ST's I'll be happy with that. Not sure who on the 44 AR they'd have to replace.

There a few Canadian DB's with more game AR experience that might reach free agency. N. King might be an upgrade for a back up behind Loffler. Gabriel probably too expensive for that role.

Gabriel, Langa ( 24 ST's ), N King ( 27 DT's ), Ackie, T. Campbell, Termansen.

Hard to tell what our back up Canadians can bring from small sample size. I have a feeling that Branning might have the best chance but it's just a feeling.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:33:03 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Horseman

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 03:03:01 PM »

Bombers have re-signed Wild, announcement will be forth coming.
Blue In BC

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 03:08:04 PM »

Bombers have re-signed Wild, announcement will be forth coming.

I like Wild but he's been hit with some fluke injuries and missed a bunch of games. I wonder if they plan to use him more as a great utility guy rather than a full time starter. He can back up WIL and even MLB in situational schemes. He's the back up LS and a very good ST player.

Still a good signing and happy to have his experience back.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 03:59:36 PM »

I like Wild but he's been hit with some fluke injuries and missed a bunch of games. I wonder if they plan to use him more as a great utility guy rather than a full time starter. He can back up WIL and even MLB in situational schemes. He's the back up LS and a very good ST player.

Still a good signing and happy to have his experience back.

This is a curious move, I suspect it means they are planning to move Santos Knox to MLB and start Wild at WIL, I have no problem with that as long as it works.  When healthy Wild is a great player and one of the team leaders.
Jesse

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 04:05:43 PM »

This is a curious move, I suspect it means they are planning to move Santos Knox to MLB and start Wild at WIL, I have no problem with that as long as it works.  When healthy Wild is a great player and one of the team leaders.

Regardless of how they have the two lined up, they still need another player that is able to take over. The organization has to understand that we can't count on Wild to play every game.
Tehedra

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 04:19:52 PM »

Is Wild even that good anymore? I mean I think he hasn't performed at a high level for a year and you could possibly even argue slightly longer. Maybe I just want some new faces. I just don't trust Wild will even be able to play more than half the games.
Blue In BC

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 05:20:25 PM »

Well it's been mentioned some feel Santos Knox could be a good choice at MLB or at least be given the opportunity during TC to win that role.

They may be right but I'd like to see us take a run at a known free agent if one comes available.

Tomorrow wouldn't be too soon to start signing college and ex NFL players to start stacking the TC roster. In a perfect world we find some young inexpensive phenom's. However after years not having success I'd feel more comfortable with the " bird in the hand " approach as well.

No more excuses.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 05:43:37 PM »

Well it's been mentioned some feel Santos Knox could be a good choice at MLB or at least be given the opportunity during TC to win that role.

They may be right but I'd like to see us take a run at a known free agent if one comes available.

Tomorrow wouldn't be too soon to start signing college and ex NFL players to start stacking the TC roster. In a perfect world we find some young inexpensive phenom's. However after years not having success I'd feel more comfortable with the " bird in the hand " approach as well.

When this team is "close" , not sure young inexpensive at key positions will help us move forward.
Blue In BC

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 06:29:28 PM »

When this team is "close" , not sure young inexpensive at key positions will help us move forward.

We were close last year. That's meaningless going into 2018. Teams can go from top to bottom in a season. BC went from 2nd and playing in the 2016 WDF to 5th out of the playoffs in 2017.  Close is an excuse IMO.

On defense we have: Thomas, Westerman, Fogg, Heath, Randle, Knox, Hurl, Leggett all as potential free agents.  Five of those players are very important. Five were full time starters.

We improved in 2017 but it's not a guarantee what 2018 will look like. Every team needs to improve more than their opponents in their division. Too early to tell yet.

As far as young and inexpensive, I did say I'd prefer the " bird in hand " veteran approach to a degree. The problem with that is you never find the next Leggett or Heath for example. Free agency acquisitions is expensive and seems to fall into 1 year rental situations.

We can't we find the next Elimimian or Zylstra that were " inexpensive " their 1st 2 seasons.

There are giant questions for depth on the OL with the likely loss of Bond. Receivers, back up QB's, starting LB's remain as issues.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 07:17:11 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2018, 08:41:03 PM »

We were close last year. That's meaningless going into 2018. Teams can go from top to bottom in a season. BC went from 2nd and playing in the 2016 WDF to 5th out of the playoffs in 2017.  Close is an excuse IMO.

On defense we have: Thomas, Westerman, Fogg, Heath, Randle, Knox, Hurl, Leggett all as potential free agents.  Five of those players are very important. Five were full time starters.

We improved in 2017 but it's not a guarantee what 2018 will look like. Every team needs to improve more than their opponents in their division. Too early to tell yet.

As far as young and inexpensive, I did say I'd prefer the " bird in hand " veteran approach to a degree. The problem with that is you never find the next Leggett or Heath for example. Free agency acquisitions is expensive and seems to fall into 1 year rental situations.

We can't we find the next Elimimian or Zylstra that were " inexpensive " their 1st 2 seasons.

There are giant questions for depth on the OL with the likely loss of Bond
. Receivers, back up QB's, starting LB's remain as issues.

I'll just jump on this grenade...  Giant questions?  Maybe a question about a giant, but other than Bnd, the entire Oline is returning, with Spooner and Couture having another year under their belts, and Neufeld coming off his healthiest season ever.  The only question is, if Band leaves, who slides into LG.  Is it Chungh coming from RG or Neufeld, or does one of our younger guys step up at either RG or LG.  And who ends up as the Nat 6th Oline. 

Giant questions?  Hardly...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 09:02:48 PM »

I'll just jump on this grenade...  Giant questions?  Maybe a question about a giant, but other than Bnd, the entire Oline is returning, with Spooner and Couture having another year under their belts, and Neufeld coming off his healthiest season ever.  The only question is, if Band leaves, who slides into LG.  Is it Chungh coming from RG or Neufeld, or does one of our younger guys step up at either RG or LG.  And who ends up as the Nat 6th Oline. 

I agree. One place we should be set at is along the line this year. We have depth there to match the best teams.
booch

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 09:17:36 PM »

and I would say on both lines too...I think we may see a surprise d-line signing too this free agency...just a hunch
Blue In BC

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 10:05:51 PM »

Yes giant questions. How can that be anything but a question, an unknown situation.

Neufeld is not as good as Bond and has been injury prone. He made a great depth guy that wouldn't be expected to play 18 games.

We aren't expecting Bond back. Possible NFL chance and ratio implications. Even other CFL options. Regardless it downgrades our OL. I'd venture to say Bond was our 2nd best OL.

Now our next up back up on the OL interior will be Couture or Spooner. Neither has any proven starting history so IMO that is a giant question yet to be answered.

Foketi remains a constant as a back up at T so in theory that's less of a concern and a status quo at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:13:33 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 11:14:43 PM »

Yes giant questions. How can that be anything but a question, an unknown situation.

Neufeld is not as good as Bond and has been injury prone. He made a great depth guy that wouldn't be expected to play 18 games.

We aren't expecting Bond back. Possible NFL chance and ratio implications. Even other CFL options. Regardless it downgrades our OL. I'd venture to say Bond was our 2nd best OL.

Now our next up back up on the OL interior will be Couture or Spooner. Neither has any proven starting history so IMO that is a giant question yet to be answered.

Foketi remains a constant as a back up at T so in theory that's less of a concern and a status quo at the moment.

So, the entire Oline (including backups) that ended last year is under contract, and we may lose 1 of the guys that started last year, and its a giant question?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 11:21:25 PM »

Even without Bond I like having Hardrick and Foketi back in the fold just in case things don't work out as planned with the 3 Natl. O-line.
Blue In BC

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2018, 12:08:39 AM »

So, the entire Oline (including backups) that ended last year is under contract, and we may lose 1 of the guys that started last year, and its a giant question?

Do you have a reading comprehension issue? We knew what Neufeld could bring as a backup even if that was a downgrade from Bond. We don't have any real idea about Couture of Spooner if they need to start.

We all remember what our OL was like BEFORE Bond. So yes the question exists about uncertainty.

Does that spell it out any more clearly?

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2018, 12:10:39 AM »

Even without Bond I like having Hardrick and Foketi back in the fold just in case things don't work out as planned with the 3 Natl. O-line.

I know they are pretty high on Foketi but it seems Hardrick and Foketi are both more suited at T than at G.

Nothing prevented us from starting Foketi when Bond was injured and we choose to start Neufeld instead. While their were ratio implications, neither Neufeld or Foketi earned starting roles in 2017.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 12:30:21 AM »

Do you have a reading comprehension issue? We knew what Neufeld could bring as a backup even if that was a downgrade from Bond. We don't have any real idea about Couture of Spooner if they need to start.

We all remember what our OL was like BEFORE Bond. So yes the question exists about uncertainty.

Does that spell it out any more clearly?

One player in a group of 9 is not a giant question. Comprende?

DM83

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2018, 03:06:55 AM »

I think Bond is a huge piece of the puzzle.  When he played we had a dominant run game .  Without him, Harris totals became less. He would be one guy I would throw money at.  He makes the run game and pass game better
kkc60

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2018, 04:21:43 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's comprend
Blue In BC

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2018, 02:31:09 PM »

One player that played at an all star level can make a huge difference. Did losing Leggett on defense or Adams or Dressler on offense not make huge differences in our performance. Our run game suffered when Neufeld had to start. We lost 4 of the last 6 including the WSF. 3 of those in which Bond didn't play.

I don't think you understand the issue at all. Dream on and have another glass of the blue koolaid.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:36:47 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2018, 02:46:14 PM »

I think Bond is a huge piece of the puzzle.  When he played we had a dominant run game .  Without him, Harris totals became less. He would be one guy I would throw money at.  He makes the run game and pass game better

Interestingly I haven't actually heard about him looking for or getting NFL offers. Doesn't mean he isn't doing that or doesn't get one. Just means I haven't heard about that happening.

The issue over and above the SMS hit is the ratio implications. If we don't sign Westerman we're down to 6 starting Canadians while using Neufeld to start. Unfortunately I think in order to not use a Canadian at MLB we have to return to 3 Canadians on the OL.

I suppose if we could sign Bond we could push Neufeld out to RT in theory but I don't see that as practical.

No more excuses.
sweep the leg

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 02:53:15 PM »

I suppose if we could sign Bond we could push Neufeld out to RT in theory but I don't see that as practical.

I think this scenario is very unlikely. With both starting tackles and their backup re-signed, I think there's very little chance Bond comes back.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2018, 02:53:26 PM »

One player that played at an all star level can make a huge difference. Did losing Leggett on defense or Adams or Dressler on offense not make huge differences in our performance. Our run game suffered when Neufeld had to start. We lost 4 of the last 6 including the WSF. 3 of those in which Bond didn't play.

I don't think you understand the issue at all. Dream on and have another glass of the blue koolaid.

Possibly, but I don't think that was the main cause of the reduced run stats. The week before Bond got hurt, so did Darvin Adams. At the same time, Flanders went down for a stretch. Those, combined with Nichols nagging injuries hampered our passing game and made our running game one dimensional. At that point, teams played us differently and found it easier to key on Harris. It was unfortunate, but it was the series of events that caused us to be less effective running the ball. Bond's injury was probably one of the least problematic of the range of issues we were facing.
booch

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2018, 02:54:15 PM »

Losing 4 of those last 6 had more to do with Nichols missing a couple games and playing at well less than 100 percent when he did resume...same with Dressler and his broken hand...no real replacement for Adams and teams keying on Harris. Neufeld wasn't reason for any of the offensive woes.

Bond is great don't get me wrong, but the drop off from him to Neufeld was minimal, and it was off-set by the way better production from the d-line. Also Harris was banged up and as much as he would had people to believe he wasn't 100 percent healthy either..The Stigma of Neufeld going to get hurt again if he starts as well is foolish...sometimes guys are just unlucky with injuries...doesn't mean they are a given to go down every year...thats just stupid

Blue In BC

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2018, 03:56:47 PM »

Losing 4 of those last 6 had more to do with Nichols missing a couple games and playing at well less than 100 percent when he did resume...same with Dressler and his broken hand...no real replacement for Adams and teams keying on Harris. Neufeld wasn't reason for any of the offensive woes.

Bond is great don't get me wrong, but the drop off from him to Neufeld was minimal, and it was off-set by the way better production from the d-line. Also Harris was banged up and as much as he would had people to believe he wasn't 100 percent healthy either..The Stigma of Neufeld going to get hurt again if he starts as well is foolish...sometimes guys are just unlucky with injuries...doesn't mean they are a given to go down every year...thats just stupid

It's the question of depth in behind Neufeld if he starts. There will be injuries on the OL. Last year we were fairly lucky. I'm not saying our OL will be bad which is why I've used the word question.

How much of a drop off is the question. Perhaps those that have watched Couture more in practice might have a better idea on what to expect.

Of course there were a multitude of issues down the stretch but it would be hard to argue that Neufeld is as good as Bond.

No more excuses.
Jesse

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2018, 04:16:02 PM »

It's the question of depth in behind Neufeld if he starts. There will be injuries on the OL. Last year we were fairly lucky. I'm not saying our OL will be bad which is why I've used the word question.

How much of a drop off is the question. Perhaps those that have watched Couture more in practice might have a better idea on what to expect.

Of course there were a multitude of issues down the stretch but it would be hard to argue that Neufeld is as good as Bond.

Certainly it is a question with the play of Neufeld, Couture, and/or Spooner. But even if Bond wanted to resign with us, I don't think we would. We've invested multiple top picks in the OL and it's time to rotate them in. Not to mention that we need to use salary cap space elsewhere.
Blue In BC

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2018, 04:21:02 PM »

Certainly it is a question with the play of Neufeld, Couture, and/or Spooner. But even if Bond wanted to resign with us, I don't think we would. We've invested multiple top picks in the OL and it's time to rotate them in. Not to mention that we need to use salary cap space elsewhere.

I'm not arguing against that logic. Couture could be the next Chungh hopefully.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2018, 04:25:01 PM »

Couture when he has had to step in and play over past 2 years never looked out of place, and gained good experience...the fact he was on active roster as well lends one to believe that if he had to play..they would be comfortable with it.

That being said a full-time starter is a different thing, he may be ready...maybe not, but if he was to back up on the o-line I don't think we are going to suffer a lot in drop off...he is  going into his 3rd year now...so isnt a fresh faced rookie
Blue In BC

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2018, 04:35:57 PM »

Couture when he has had to step in and play over past 2 years never looked out of place, and gained good experience...the fact he was on active roster as well lends one to believe that if he had to play..they would be comfortable with it.

That being said a full-time starter is a different thing, he may be ready...maybe not, but if he was to back up on the o-line I don't think we are going to suffer a lot in drop off...he is  going into his 3rd year now...so isnt a fresh faced rookie

We all understand that reasoning. I'd say we're going to find out. At some point we're going to have a short or longer term injury on the interior of the OL. Maybe we're able to convince Gray to come to the CFL in 2018 to increase the depth. Even earlier to tell about Spooner and his future than Couture who did get some game reps.

No more excuses.
GCn17

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 04:58:37 PM »

We all understand that reasoning. I'd say we're going to find out. At some point we're going to have a short or longer term injury on the interior of the OL. Maybe we're able to convince Gray to come to the CFL in 2018 to increase the depth. Even earlier to tell about Spooner and his future than Couture who did get some game reps.

To my knowledge, we have not re-signed Spooner yet.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
theaardvark

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2018, 05:06:56 PM »

I'd like to see what Chungh can do at LG.  I don't think he'll have a problem guarding Nichols blind side...  and then Couture comes in at RG.  Keep Neufeld as 6th man, his versatility is key, and keeping him healthy is important.

I think that is a very sound Oline, even without Bond.

Jesse

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2018, 05:08:20 PM »

I'd like to see what Chungh can do at LG.  I don't think he'll have a problem guarding Nichols blind side...  and then Couture comes in at RG.  Keep Neufeld as 6th man, his versatility is key, and keeping him healthy is important.

I think that is a very sound Oline, even without Bond.

The same thing he does at RG? I don't understand why you would switch him.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2018, 05:09:05 PM »

I know they are pretty high on Foketi but it seems Hardrick and Foketi are both more suited at T than at G.

Nothing prevented us from starting Foketi when Bond was injured and we choose to start Neufeld instead. While their were ratio implications, neither Neufeld or Foketi earned starting roles in 2017.

In his stints with both BC and Sask. Hardrick played guard so he is the one that would probably replace Neufeld if they decided to revert to 3 imports on the O-line.
Jesse

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2018, 05:10:11 PM »

In his stints with both BC and Sask. Hardrick played guard so he is the one that would probably replace Neufeld if they decided to revert to 3 imports on the O-line.

I just can't see a situation where that happens this season.
GCn17

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 05:18:58 PM »

Not unless we get Westerman and Bond back. That's the only way a 3 IMP line can be contemplated.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2018, 05:25:27 PM »

I honestly can, the O-line is the bedrock of the offence and they struggled for years to achieve the consistency they exhibited in the last 1.5 years since plugging in Bond.  It all comes down to protection and if Nichols is taking multiple shots every game because of breakdowns on the O-line they have to adjust asap to preserve him.  Not saying that will happen with Neufeld at G. but not sold on Couture or Spooner backing him up until I see that they are competent game in, game out. 
GCn17

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 05:26:38 PM »

I honestly can, the O-line is the bedrock of the offence and they struggled for years to achieve the consistency they exhibited in the last 1.5 years since plugging in Bond.  It all comes down to protection and if Nichols is taking multiple shots every game because of breakdowns on the O-line they have to adjust asap to preserve him.  Not saying that will happen with Neufeld at G. but not sold on Couture or Spooner backing him up until I see that they are competent game in, game out. 

Who are our 7 NAT starters going to be if we go 3 IMP OL?

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2018, 05:29:57 PM »

Not unless we get Westerman and Bond back. That's the only way a 3 IMP line can be contemplated.

Why Bond?  He's semi-replaceable.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »

Who are our 7 NAT starters going to be if we go 3 IMP OL?
I would make sacrifices on the receiving core if it became an issue protecting Nichols.  It's that important.  I still believe Demski is coming home.
GCn17

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2018, 05:32:57 PM »

Why Bond?  He's semi-replaceable.

Because otherwise a 3 IMP OL doesn't make sense. Bond is that good that I would consider shortchanging another position with a NAT starter. If you are getting allstar OL play from your IMP OG then it's not worth it unless we can find another couple bluechip NAT starters somewhere.

gbill2004

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2018, 05:33:33 PM »

I would make sacrifices on the receiving core if it became an issue protecting Nichols.  It's that important.  I still believe Demski is coming home.
So you figure we start 2 Canadian receivers this season?
theaardvark

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2018, 05:34:30 PM »

The same thing he does at RG? I don't understand why you would switch him.

LG is a more important spot on the Oline... just like LT is more important than RT... 

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2018, 05:49:07 PM »

So you figure we start 2 Canadian receivers this season?

It's an option, but only "if" the 3 Natl. O-line fails to keep Nichols safe which remains to be seen.  It should be apparent within the first 4-6 games if they can carry on without a hitch in protection from last season.  If Nichols is sacked 4-5 times per game, there is a problem.  Demski could at least replace Denmark without a drop off so I don't see an issue with adding a highly skilled Cdn. receiver if they can sign one.
GCn17

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »

It's an option, but only "if" the 3 Natl. O-line fails to keep Nichols safe which remains to be seen.  It should be apparent within the first 4-6 games if they can carry on without a hitch in protection from last season.  If Nichols is sacked 4-5 times per game, there is a problem.  Demski could at least replace Denmark without a drop off so I don't see an issue with adding a highly skilled Cdn. receiver if they can sign one.

I'll take Demski as well. However, whether we go 3 IMP at OL is a decision that needs to be made now and then responded to in FA and the draft. If we wait and see if we have the horses on a 3 NAT OL, it may be too late to get the IMP OG that will make the difference to our line.

gobombersgo

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2018, 11:23:15 PM »

Stampeders defender Shaquille Richardson signs with Oakland Raiders
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/09/stampeders-defender-shaquille-richardson-signs-oakland-raiders/

Eskimos all-star defender Kenny Ladler signs with Washington Redskins
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/09/eskimos-star-defender-kenny-ladler-signs-washington-redskins/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:26:21 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

GCn17

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2018, 02:25:05 AM »

Stampeders defender Shaquille Richardson signs with Oakland Raiders
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/09/stampeders-defender-shaquille-richardson-signs-oakland-raiders/

Eskimos all-star defender Kenny Ladler signs with Washington Redskins
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/09/eskimos-star-defender-kenny-ladler-signs-washington-redskins/

Awesome for them....awesome for us as it weakens to very strong teams in our division.

thunderNlightning

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2018, 02:38:54 AM »

Awesome for them....awesome for us as it weakens to very strong teams in our division.

Yeah, but those two organizations do very well in finding talent every year that become impact players!
fansince79

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2018, 04:46:03 PM »

Instead of overpaying for a free agent MLB how bout just for ***** and giggles our scouting staff actually does their job and finds us a real MLB like most other teams instead of having a jersey filler like Hurl.
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2018, 05:20:28 PM »

Instead of overpaying for a free agent MLB how bout just for ***** and giggles our scouting staff actually does their job and finds us a real MLB like most other teams instead of having a jersey filler like Hurl.

Why would they have to overpay for a free agent? Huh

Dipping into free agency for a proven MLB seems like a better and more sure option than trying to scout an unknown player who'd have an immediate impact. The team doesn't have the luxury of the latter at this point, IMO. They've wasted enough time trying to scout a MLB already.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
Blue In BC

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2018, 05:27:52 PM »

Why would they have to overpay for a free agent? Huh

Dipping into free agency for a proven MLB seems like a better and more sure option than trying to scout an unknown player who'd have an immediate impact. The team doesn't have the luxury of the latter at this point, IMO. They've wasted enough time trying to scout a MLB already.

Some of this is going to come down to what positional players are available once free agency hits. That and their SMS demands and willingness to come to Winnipeg.

Very probable we sign a couple of very good veteran players for bigger salaries. Could be LB, DB or receiver since those are the positions we need the most help and the largest potential group of free agents.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:42:06 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2018, 05:30:03 PM »

YAH! what he said!!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2018, 07:57:23 PM »

Ted Wyman‏ @Ted_Wyman
Winnipeg Blue #Bombers GM Kyle Walters admits it's going to be difficult for team to sign all three of DBs Chris Randle, T.J. Heath and Moe Leggett. "It?s impossible to pay everybody what they all want. It?s just a reality of our league unfortunately," he said. #CFL More below:

thunderNlightning

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2018, 08:20:38 PM »

Ted Wyman‏ @Ted_Wyman
Winnipeg Blue #Bombers GM Kyle Walters admits it's going to be difficult for team to sign all three of DBs Chris Randle, T.J. Heath and Moe Leggett. "It?s impossible to pay everybody what they all want. It?s just a reality of our league unfortunately," he said. #CFL More below:

If I had to choose 2 out of the 3, it would be Randle and Moe.
Blue In BC

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2018, 08:27:08 PM »

It's more difficult to find a top HB than a top CB. Tough call.

No more excuses.
Blue72

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »

Would Randle be able to play Sam, HB plus his original CB? How is Leggett doing on his recovery, would he be able to show something earlier or after TC?
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2018, 08:47:01 PM »

Tough choice. All are getting up there in age, which I've put in brackets. Here's how I would rank them in importance assuming Leggett is totally healthy, which obviously he isn't, so it's tough to know exactly but here I go:

1) Leggett (31)
2) Heath (29)
3) Randle (30)

Here's how it might have to go due to age and injury:

1) Heath (29)
2) Randle (30)
3) Leggett (31)
Blue In BC

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2018, 08:48:51 PM »

Would Randle be able to play Sam, HB plus his original CB? How is Leggett doing on his recovery, would he be able to show something earlier or after TC?

Probably, he's pretty athletic. Heath might have the lowest current salary of the group but we don't know who wants how much of an increase.

Randle as the most veteran might have the highest current salary and that might play against him in negotiations.

Leggett's injury to his achilles leaves room for concern but we haven't seen the medical reports or know where he is in his recovery.

All 3 are great players and I hope we can retain all 3 but on the surface I think Randle might be the most expensive to re-sign. When you equate that across the rest of the free agents to re-sign that could be an issue.

At the moment we don't have replacements for any of them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:50:43 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
gobombersgo

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2018, 09:09:19 PM »

Alouettes cover man Jonathon Mincy signs with Chicago Bears
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/10/alouettes-cover-man-jonathon-mincy-signs-with-chicago-bears/

gbill2004

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2018, 09:15:49 PM »

Randle has played SAM before for the Bombers.  He was good, but not nearly as good as Leggett.   
theaardvark

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2018, 09:29:30 PM »

I's suspect that Heath will be the odd one out, just because of tenure and coming off an entry level deal.  The increase to fit him will be large.  Randle and Leggett might get incremental raises, but not on the scale that Health will be looking for.  Of the three, while none are "locker room cancers", Heath has had less of a leadership role.

It may come down to Walters saying "there is X amount of SMS we can spend, I can sign two of you.  The first two to sign get the deal on the table...".  I have no doubt that Walters has offered "fair" contracts to all of them.   Two will probably sign "more than fair" deals.  Not as much as they want, but more than Walters wants to pay.

Maybe he pulls off a shocker and gets all three. 

The decision might also be influenced by prospects coming in...  if we have a stud lined up on an entry level deal, it can make a player more expendable...

bunker

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2018, 09:52:37 PM »

Tough choice. All are getting up there in age, which I've put in brackets. Here's how I would rank them in importance assuming Leggett is totally healthy, which obviously he isn't, so it's tough to know exactly but here I go:

1) Leggett (31)
2) Heath (29)
3) Randle (30)

Here's how it might have to go due to age and injury:

1) Heath (29)
2) Randle (30)
3) Leggett (31)

I would sign Randle and Heath if we can only afford 2. I love Leggett, but his injury worries me. The average time line for return from achilles injuries in pro athletes is 11 months. This would put him at mid September I believe, meaning he's probably missing at least 13 weeks of the season. One third of pro athletes are never able to return, and most of those that do cannot return to their previous level of play.

http://lermagazine.com/article/return-to-football-after-achilles-tendon-rupture
Blue In BC

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2018, 10:12:55 PM »

I wonder what Randle and Heath were earning. Just for the sake of argument say Randle @ $150K and Heath at $70K. It may not be that large a gap.

You might still be able to increase Heath's salary to a significant amount less than Randle's current salary let alone any increase.

Now if Heath wants an unreasonable amount such as highest paid DB in the CFL then all bets are off.

The points made about Leggett and recovery are certainly a concern. If they are forced to make SMS decisions and are not certain about his health he could be the odd man out.

Obviously Leggett has been earning more than Heath but how that ranks up against Randle is a little less certain. I'm only assuming Randle earned the most because he's been in the CFL the longest.

A dilemma but one that could be overcome.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2018, 10:14:44 PM »

Have to disagree on that timeline. Guys have  been documented now coming back to full participation in 6 to 8 months now...your article is 8 yrs old.

Depends on if rupture or tear...Sherrit did his first game of yr I believe and was ready to return at end of season and talk was they were considering playing him.

Even with knees..my first reconstruction was 13 months...5 yrs later it was good to go in 9ish

the paw

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2018, 10:24:18 PM »

Age isn?t really a factor, all of them will be able to play at current level for a 2 yr contract.

Randle got big money when we signed him, so he can only get a nominal raise.  He?s been great at CB, but didn?t show much at SAM, and if he tries to break the bank, we have to let him walk.

I would give Leggett  1 year deal at same money as last year, and tell him ?Let?s see how this year goes?.

If those two go for those deals, you can probably try to find a little money for Heath somewhere else in the payroll.  If you give Randle or Legget any substantial raise, you lose Heath.  If Randle or Leggett walk, you can probably sign Heath pretty easily.

And no hard feelings if any of these guys wants to test the market.  They don?t owe us anything more than what they?ve already given.

grab grass 'n growl
gbill2004

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2018, 10:25:33 PM »

Age isn?t really a factor, all of them will be able to play at current level for a 2 yr contract.

Randle got big money when we signed him, so he can only get a nominal raise.  He?s been great at CB, but didn?t show much at SAM, and if he tries to break the bank, we have to let him walk.

I would give Leggett  1 year deal at same money as last year, and tell him ?Let?s see how this year goes?.

If those two go for those deals, you can probably try to find a little money for Heath somewhere else in the payroll.  If you give Randle or Legget any substantial raise, you lose Heath.  If Randle or Leggett walk, you can probably sign Heath pretty easily.

And no hard feelings if any of these guys wants to test the market.  They don?t owe us anything more than what they?ve already given.
IIRC Randle got $120k per season on his first contract with the Bombers.
Blue In BC

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2018, 10:43:47 PM »

Randle's been in Winnipeg for 4 years now. I think he signed 1 year extensions twice but how that relates to $$ I don't know.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2018, 11:11:38 PM »

I would sign Randle and Heath if we can only afford 2. I love Leggett, but his injury worries me. The average time line for return from achilles injuries in pro athletes is 11 months. This would put him at mid September I believe, meaning he's probably missing at least 13 weeks of the season. One third of pro athletes are never able to return, and most of those that do cannot return to their previous level of play.

http://lermagazine.com/article/return-to-football-after-achilles-tendon-rupture

Maurice Leggett@almighty31
27 Dec 2017

Did some short bursts today. Leaps and aggressive shuffling today for the first time since my injury. 10 weeks since my surgery and I?m explosive. Got a ways to go. Endurance is key. Keep the faith in me Winnipeg.

He will be easily ready for camp... probably not for Feb 15, unfortunately... 

Blue In BC

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2018, 12:23:13 AM »

The thing about Leggett's injury and other players that have had similar injury: it's not just the physical aspect of recovery. Getting past the mental aspect to regain confidence can take longer to get back to full ability. Not always but it has been stated by other players and coaches.

We don't really know how serious his actual injury was: tear, strain etc etc. Seems to be on track and is a very positive personality. So if it's humanly possible to be ready I think he will be ready.

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2018, 12:43:59 AM »

Sounds like Mo will be back with the bombers in 2018. Big part of our D.
bunker

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2018, 02:08:48 AM »

Have to disagree on that timeline. Guys have  been documented now coming back to full participation in 6 to 8 months now...your article is 8 yrs old.

Depends on if rupture or tear...Sherrit did his first game of yr I believe and was ready to return at end of season and talk was they were considering playing him.

Even with knees..my first reconstruction was 13 months...5 yrs later it was good to go in 9ish

Here is a more recent article. Still cites about 11 month average time to return. Over 1/4 did not return to play.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28742993

Of course every injury/athlete is unique. Nothing would make me happier than to see Leggett return in training camp, and demonstrate the same level of play he was capable of pre-injury. I just think there is a risk there in terms of a delayed return, and a lower level of performance, especially in his first year back, and this risk should probably factor into where and how they spend their SMS money, even if its just to structure the contract as performance based.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2018, 03:07:28 AM »

Where would this team have been without Randle's play last year? I think Randle was more important then Heath was. Randle is a veteran and wise one at that who seems to come up with timely plays when we needed them. In a position at linebacker where we are very thin at already, you just can't replace our best defender regardless if coming off injury. The team really can't afford to lose either Randle or Moe, but regardless if we can't afford all 3, I think we still need to sign another veteran shutdown type DB. I just can't imagine going with last years two rookies and another one added in this year. That will not be a recipe for success back there.
Blue72

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2018, 03:29:51 AM »

Why doesn't Kyle sign Leggett as an assist LB coach until he proves that he is able to play full speed, coaches don't count on the SMS and you know that he wants to be here plus he should be healthy if needed for the playoffs. He will also attend all meetings and practises and knows how a SAM has to be played in the CFL to help who ever. Hammy played this game with Fontus.

Option two is 6 game him at TC, pull a Sask as they had a lot of there guys on it most of the season. On the 6 game again his money doesn't count against the SMS and can be pulled earlier if needed.

You never know what FA brings and so far we can't count on the scouts to find good LB. Either way he says he wants to be here and so far we have not found a better replacement for his position.

If someone better shows in TC then any of the 3 can be traded or released after TC. We already have 2 weak backs now if we loose one of these guys before we know what we will get during TC it could look ugly back there very fast. If we use some of Hurls salary and replace him with a cheaper rookie and we already have a bunch of backup LB on the team already. If the backups aren't any good then show them the road.
theaardvark

« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2018, 04:12:54 AM »

Why doesn't Kyle sign Leggett as an assist LB coach until he proves that he is able to play full speed, coaches don't count on the SMS and you know that he wants to be here plus he should be healthy if needed for the playoffs. He will also attend all meetings and practises and knows how a SAM has to be played in the CFL to help who ever. Hammy played this game with Fontus.

Option two is 6 game him at TC, pull a Sask as they had a lot of there guys on it most of the season. On the 6 game again his money doesn't count against the SMS and can be pulled earlier if needed.

You never know what FA brings and so far we can't count on the scouts to find good LB. Either way he says he wants to be here and so far we have not found a better replacement for his position.

If someone better shows in TC then any of the 3 can be traded or released after TC. We already have 2 weak backs now if we loose one of these guys before we know what we will get during TC it could look ugly back there very fast. If we use some of Hurls salary and replace him with a cheaper rookie and we already have a bunch of backup LB on the team already. If the backups aren't any good then show them the road.

Moe will have a CFL playing contract by or near Feb 14...  if we don't extend him first, someone will no doubt sign him. 

Tiger

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2018, 06:32:59 AM »

Exactly.  No brainer unless Mo is not healthy.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
gobombersgo

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2018, 10:29:09 PM »

Eskimos agree to terms of extension with DB Aaron Grymes
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/11/eskimos-agree-to-terms-of-extension-with-db-aaron-grymes/

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2018, 01:18:27 PM »

Maurice Leggett@almighty31
27 Dec 2017

Did some short bursts today. Leaps and aggressive shuffling today for the first time since my injury. 10 weeks since my surgery and I?m explosive. Got a ways to go. Endurance is key. Keep the faith in me Winnipeg.

He will be easily ready for camp... probably not for Feb 15, unfortunately... 

Hard not to love the guy and I think he'll play again but I'm still leery of committing big money to a guy coming off that injury. It would absolutely be a gamble. Good to hear he's confident in his recovery.
booch

« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2018, 02:46:51 PM »

Who says he is going to come asking for big money coming off an injury...I highly doubt he does.
He lives here year round...and is settled in...I easily see a deal satisfactory to both sides, with possible playing time bonuses built in..Signing him is the least of the off-season issues..his deal will get done and be beneficial to both sides
GCn17

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2018, 02:49:48 PM »

I agree. Unless the Bombers really low ball him, I think Mo is almost a certainty to be back. He doesn't want to leave...that's half the battle.

blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2018, 03:47:22 PM »

I agree. Unless the Bombers really low ball him, I think Mo is almost a certainty to be back. He doesn't want to leave...that's half the battle.

Hopefully, that plays into Walters being able to retain both Randle and Heath.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #93 on: Today at 01:01:55 PM »

RT .@Morley_Scott
#Esks GM Brock Sunderland says talks are on going w/ JC Sherritt "we've been in detailed conversation w/ JC"  On Adam Konor  "Very initial conversations w/ him."   #CFL   Sounds like Chris Edwards is front runner for nickle back spot replacing Kenny Ladler
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #94 on: Today at 06:15:49 PM »

RT .@Morley_Scott
#Esks GM Brock Sunderland says talks are on going w/ JC Sherritt "we've been in detailed conversation w/ JC"  On Adam Konor  "Very initial conversations w/ him."   #CFL   Sounds like Chris Edwards is front runner for nickle back spot replacing Kenny Ladler

I was kinda hoping they'd let Sherritt walk and he could contend for the MLB job with the Bombers.  Konor would be worth pursuing for WIL based on both his play and passport, pushing JSK into the middle and miraculously resolving the Hurl situation.
GCn17

« Reply #95 on: Today at 06:17:19 PM »

I was kinda hoping they'd let Sherritt walk and he could contend for the MLB job with the Bombers.  Konor would be worth pursuing for WIL based on both his play and passport, pushing JSK into the middle and miraculously resolving the Hurl situation.

I don't know where they get all the cap space from, unless they are possibly low-balling Sherrit and hoping he accepts.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #96 on: Today at 06:57:34 PM »

I don't know where they get all the cap space from, unless they are possibly low-balling Sherrit and hoping he accepts.

They may be pulling off the same roster tricks as the Riders, after all both teams employed Chris Jones, so cheating the SMS by paying money off the books could be well entrenched in their culture.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: