Blue Bombers Forum
December 17, 2018, 07:57:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WJHC - Lias Anderson tosses silver medal into stands  (Read 1254 times)
Jesse

« on: January 06, 2018, 04:08:09 AM »

I gotta say, I?m back and forth on this one. On one hand, he?s a kid and his emotions are running high and he?s showing he?s passionate. It?s pretty bad @$$. Of course, it?s also super immature and disrespectful to his teammates, country, and himself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_WXy0dXdYVM

https://www.google.ca/amp/torontosun.com/sports/hockey/frustrated-sweden-captain-lias-andersson-tosses-silver-medal-into-crowd/amp

My wife is amazing!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 05:32:35 AM »

I am not going to get too fussed about it...there is a compilation of tweets by us so called best hockey fans in the world that are embarrassing...he is basically a kid - his emotion got the best of him, doesn't deserve the vitriol and anger being directed at him.
theaardvark

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 01:47:11 PM »

He was mad, he was captain of a team that had just let his country down, it was mere minutes since they had gone from outshooting and pretty much outplaying Canada in a tie game, to losing it on a world stage.

Was it a dumb idea?  Of course.  Was it meant to be disrespectful to anyone?  I don't think so.  It was a kid reacting to huge pain, and not wanting that reminder of his failure to deliver.  Rather than a symbol of a hard fought tournament and being a few minutes from Gold, that Silver was going to be a reminder of him not getting the job done.  I can see why, in that moment, he wanted to distance himself from the "failure" of silver.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 02:07:07 PM »

To me it looked like he tossed it to a Swedish fan.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 04:04:54 PM »

To me it looked like he tossed it to a Swedish fan.

The pic of the dude I seen wearing it after I thought had some kind of American stars An stripes shirt on....coulda been a swede in an American jersey I suppose...

Googled it....he was actually wearing two American jerseys but called himself a closet Swedish fan....weird eh
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:18:52 PM by NorthernSkunk » Logged
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 01:20:25 PM »

Unfortunate decision but I'm sure he regretted immediately after chucking it into the stands.

Emotions run high in the WJHC and this year was no exception. I'm just glad to hear he got it back.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Tiger

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 03:17:48 AM »

Meh

I do not see the Conn Smythe in the future............Sweden outplayed us but Hart won it for us

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
In Motion

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 05:00:48 AM »

I'm usually very critical about poor sportsmanship, but in this case I say,
"He's still just a kid." The thing I find surprising is he's the captain.
In future, I would think twice about having him wear the C.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: