Blue Bombers Forum
June 22, 2018, 10:06:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Glenn or Durant (if he gets realeased)  (Read 7079 times)
dd

« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2018, 03:14:58 AM »

For the love of God, give it a rest already. Enough. Stop it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:19:48 AM by ModAdmin » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2018, 03:54:52 AM »

All this Glenn or Durant talk coming to the peg to back up Nichols makes me think the fans don't believe Nichols will actually win us the cup. Way to much emphasis on this issue I think lol.
Yep. Us wanting a legit backup QB whose near the end of their career totally signals lack of faith in Nichols. It has nothing to do with the fact they are currently available or might be available and regardless of where they go they will be a backup. So if Edmonton signs Glenn, it must mean they too have doubt in their QB, correct?
gbill2004

« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2018, 08:39:01 AM »

All this Glenn or Durant talk coming to the peg to back up Nichols makes me think the fans don't believe Nichols will actually win us the cup. Way to much emphasis on this issue I think lol.
Give it up already. We want a legit backup QB. That?s it  Roll Eyes
Jesse

« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2018, 01:06:41 PM »

Give it up already. We want a legit backup QB. That?s it  Roll Eyes

I certainly don?t think we would win anything with Glenn or Durant.
gbill2004

« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2018, 01:26:39 PM »

I certainly don?t think we would win anything with Glenn or Durant.
Ok so if Nichols got injured, who do you see as better realistic options as a backup QB?
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2018, 02:21:04 PM »

How come none of you were clamouring for a veteran QB last year ?
TBURGESS

« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2018, 02:24:14 PM »

A lot of people talked themselves into the idea that Davis and LeFevour were great backups. When those guys actually played last year, they stunk.

Being right never gets old.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2018, 02:28:23 PM »

A lot of people talked themselves into the idea that Davis and LeFevour were great backups. When those guys actually played last year, they stunk.

I don't think Dom stunk. I think he protected the ball really well.
TBURGESS

« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2018, 02:31:11 PM »

I don't think Dom stunk. I think he protected the ball really well.
Protecting the ball is only a small part of his job. It's more important to make plays, get first downs, make quick decisions, read defenses, and not make dumb mistakes like taking too much time in the pocket or forcing O'Shea to call a timeout cuz he didn't get the play off in time. I'll stick with stunk.

NorthernSkunk

« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2018, 02:35:55 PM »

Protecting the ball is only a small part of his job. It's more important to make plays, get first downs, make quick decisions, read defenses, and not make dumb mistakes like taking too much time in the pocket or forcing O'Shea to call a timeout cuz he didn't get the play off in time. I'll stick with stunk.

So when that happens with Matt in the pocket people here say it was the receivers not getting open, or the o-line failed somewhere......that was never a reason when Dom was in the pocket ?
kkc60

« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2018, 03:13:57 PM »

So when that happens with Matt in the pocket people here say it was the receivers not getting open, or the o-line failed somewhere......that was never a reason when Dom was in the pocket ?
Nichols held onto the ball too long sometimes, sure. All QBs do. But Davis did it a ton considering he only played 3 or 4 quarters of football all season
kkc60

« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2018, 03:14:52 PM »

Because we thought Davis was an adequate backup and LeFevour was capable of filling in too. Things change
Jesse

« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2018, 03:28:47 PM »

Ok so if Nichols got injured, who do you see as better realistic options as a backup QB?

I wish we had Glenn or Durant as a back up. I?m just pointing out to Skunk (although o have no idea why any of us are still responding to that troll), that wanting either of them as a back up has nothing to do with being unhappy with Nichols.

We can win with Nichols as our starter. No one is winning in 2018 with their back up QB.
TBURGESS

« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2018, 03:31:06 PM »

It rarely happens to Matt because he makes quick decisions and gets the ball away, usually to the right receiver. It happened all the time to Dom.

NorthernSkunk

« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2018, 03:32:26 PM »

It rarely happens to Matt because he makes quick decisions and gets the ball away, usually to the right receiver. It happened all the time to Dom.

Exaggeration
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: