Blue Bombers Forum
December 15, 2018, 04:27:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Glenn or Durant (if he gets realeased)  (Read 11607 times)
GCn18

« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2018, 03:48:15 PM »

Davis has shown clearly that he is not ready for the Friday night lights. It's as simple as that. We NEED a QB that can come in and play at a reasonable level and give us a chance to win. Aards likes to point out that Glenn lost the East final, but fails to mention he was outstanding the week before in the ESF. Will Glenn lead us to victory in the playoffs if Nichols goes down? Hard to say really....but I know that he has actually won playoff games before and that if he's on his game he can be a very hard QB to defend against. As a backup that's pretty darn good.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2018, 03:56:20 PM »

and Darian Durant has actually won a Grey Cup..
Jesse

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2018, 03:57:45 PM »

How so?  What is the chance Glenn comes in and throws up inopportune picks?  70%?  80%? 

How did he **** the bed when he came in?  He didn't light the place up, but he didn't throw picks...  he far from ****'ed the bed.  Now, what Glenn did in the EF this year, that bed had to be disposed of... in an incinerator.

No, he is not.  He actually can run short yardage plays.  Durant seems to be past his BB date, and Glenn, well, not sure he had one Wink

What are the chances that Davis comes in and can't score any points? 100%?

You are looking at the stats and creating a version of the guy that doesn't exist. He had no ability to move the football. The offence was not a threat to score. Not throwing INTs doesn't matter if you can't move the football. And, like others have pointed out, he is not a young, inexperienced guy we need to spend more time developing. He's been here for three years and is only a year younger than Nichols.

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2018, 04:08:49 PM »

How so?  What is the chance Glenn comes in and throws up inopportune picks?  70%?  80%? 

You're comparing a guy who throws inopportune picks, and also shown the ability to win multiple (and I use "multiple" lightly) regular and playoff games, to a guy who has not shown the ability to move the ball at all, much less win anything. Keep talking about interceptions though, like that's the be-all, end-all.

Replace Glenn in for Davis the times we put Davis in. Glenn has shown to ability to move the ball across the field, putting us in scoring position, and you would prefer Davis even if he did NOTHING (which is exactly what happened) over Glenn even if during the course of the game he threw a bad pick???
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2018, 05:46:47 PM »

What are the chances that Davis comes in and can't score any points? 100%?

You are looking at the stats and creating a version of the guy that doesn't exist. He had no ability to move the football. The offence was not a threat to score. Not throwing INTs doesn't matter if you can't move the football. And, like others have pointed out, he is not a young, inexperienced guy we need to spend more time developing. He's been here for three years and is only a year younger than Nichols.

When Matt wasn't moving the ball it was his receivers fault.........getting excited to have Glenn as a backup is like getting excited because harlequin is coming to town again....
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2018, 05:59:40 PM »

When Matt wasn't moving the ball it was his receivers fault.........getting excited to have Glenn as a backup is like getting excited because harlequin is coming to town again....
... and?

make the signing!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2018, 06:02:26 PM »

... and?

make the signing!

And...winnipeggers like old bands the same as they like old quarterbacks...
blue_or_die

« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2018, 06:41:52 PM »

Matt proved that he *CAN* move the football. Really, really, really well most of the time. You keep cherry picking some struggles (that all QBs have) and using it as an excuse to put Dom Davis in for a few series to see what he's got. LOL.
kkc60

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2018, 08:55:55 PM »

You are looking too black and white. While some plays may be MN fault, some are the receivers. Issue is: Davis hasnt done anything well enough that his receivers can be at fault
Tehedra

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2018, 09:07:29 PM »

The problem is we put in Dom Davis and after putting Davis in the coaching team relegated him to third string quarterback.  Given that, Kevin Glenn is better than LeFevour and most of the CFL must agree as I haven't seen any teams lately sign up to make LeFevour their starting quarterback.  I mean I get it, you think Glenn will lose in the play offs.  I agree, but I think he would make it further in the play offs than Dom does and really the expectation isn't for Glenn to win the play offs; its the win a game here or a game there until Nichols is healthy enough to play in case of injury.  If we have a long term injury to Nichols he will win more games than Davis in regular season and keep us sitting in a play off seat.  Finally, if we do lose Nichols for a western final or grey cup game, I am certain that if our back-up is playing another teams starter that our chances of winning will be less than optimal.  If I had a team lead by Dom Davis playing a team lead by Kevin Glenn, I would put my money on Kevin Glenn.  That right there to me is evidence enough that Glenn should be our back-up; Dom if we keep him is third string if we feel he is better then LeFevour.  Honestly though; I think both have ran their course and we need a new developmental quarterback.
blue girl

« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2018, 09:21:57 PM »

So Davis didn't throw any interceptions. I'm curious in how many first downs he picked up because all I can remember is the team going two and out. I will say that in a playoff game I have more faith in either Glenn or Durant getting a victory than I do Davis.
gbill2004

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2018, 09:56:19 PM »

So Davis didn't throw any interceptions. I'm curious in how many first downs he picked up because all I can remember is the team going two and out. I will say that in a playoff game I have more faith in either Glenn or Durant getting a victory than I do Davis.
Agreed 100%  If Davis had to start a playoff game for us, I'd assume it's a guaranteed loss.  Glenn or Durant would give me hope. 
gbill2004

« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2018, 08:42:14 PM »

From Herb: It really does seem like the #Als have backed @darian_dd4 into a take-it-or-leave-it option. No bonus this Monday, it appears. A restructured contract or his outright release.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2018, 02:43:45 AM »

I?m beginning to hear, from more than one source, there?s a strong possibility Darian Durant?s contract will be restructured. #Als want a veteran presence at QB.

From herb z on twitter
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2018, 02:59:50 AM »

All this Glenn or Durant talk coming to the peg to back up Nichols makes me think the fans don't believe Nichols will actually win us the cup. Way to much emphasis on this issue I think lol.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: