Blue Bombers Forum
January 16, 2018, 11:43:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Glenn or Durant (if he gets realeased)  (Read 2530 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 09:13:08 PM »

neither, both washed up, too $ and eliminates our ability to develop our next QB
So would you rather develop our next QB or win games if Nichols gets injured? 

And I don't really see the urgency of developing our next QB.  Nichols is 30 years old so we are set at starting QB for the next 5+ years. 
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 09:17:54 PM »

And I don't really see the urgency of developing our next QB.  Nichols is 30 years old so we are set at starting QB for the next 5+ years. 

Nichols is durable, I'm ok with a kid for fill in time.  If Nichols goes down for a season then you shop for a rental.

I get your point but just don't want an old dog as #2.  There are good QBs out there.  Eventually we will find one or develop one.

I don't see Nichols being here for 5 years.  While I support that, just doesn't happen that often in the CFL.  We ship QB's around like Amazon does electronics.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
fansince79

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 09:54:07 PM »

Agree 100%. Plus the Bombers haven?t developed a QB since McManus. Why start now. 😉
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 09:57:03 PM »

It's been so long since the Bombers have won it all it appears the fans are willing to settle for old QB guys.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 09:58:26 PM »

No way he lasts 5+ years. He didn't even last the whole season last year.
gbill2004

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »

Give it up man  Roll Eyes
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2018, 10:08:25 PM »

Give it up man  Roll Eyes

Give what up, responding to comments on this bomber social web site ?...at least I ain't just repeating what others are saying all the time.......and it's a fact Matt missed time due to injury. and he ain't getting younger.
gbill2004

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2018, 10:13:44 PM »

Give what up, responding to comments on this bomber social web site ?...at least I ain't just repeating what others are saying all the time.......and it's a fact Matt missed time due to injury. and he ain't getting younger.
So he misses 2 games this season and you figure he?s not going to make it another 5 years? That?s possibly the stupidest comment I?ve ever heard.  Doesn?t even deserve a response.
kkc60

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 10:14:06 PM »

It's been so long since the Bombers have won it all it appears the fans are willing to settle for old QB guys.
Because young, good QBs grow on trees Roll Eyes
kkc60

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 10:14:36 PM »

How old have the past 2 GC champion QBs been? How old was the MOP 2 seasons ago?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:16:25 PM by kkc60 » Logged
dd

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 10:21:51 PM »

Pretty much every team's Qb got hurt last year and either missed games or played hurt. It happens every year, so rather than have your #2 a guy you want to develop, you want your #2 guy to be a guy who can WIN, and win right now.

I don't care how old the guy is, or how fast he can run, the big question is, can he win us football games, if he can't, find someone who can, as your #1 guy is going to get hurt at sometime during the season.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 10:22:00 PM »

How old have the past 2 GC champion QBs been? How old was the MOP 2 seasons ago?

So we gotta wait until Matt is 38 to get a cup.........yay

Because young, good QBs grow on trees Roll Eyes

I sure seen a lot of them playing college ball the last couple of weeks......Bombers just can't find one

So he misses 2 games this season and you figure he?s not going to make it another 5 years? That?s possibly the stupidest comment I?ve ever heard.  Doesn?t even deserve a response.

He won't be a bomber fo the next five years....no way.
blue girl

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 10:37:04 PM »

I totally agree with you. I've said it before but until we win a Grey Cup I'm not worrying about developing a QB. Besides the last one that we developed went on to win Grey Cups with other teams.
bunker

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 10:51:47 PM »

Either Glenn or Durant would be a significant upgrade over our QB "depth" from last year. I agree with the others that getting a capable #2 is far more important that trying to develop a QB. Based on the "blind squirrel" analogy, you'd have thought we'd find a young QB just by virtue of the sheer numbers we've shuffled through here. Just doesn't seem like something that's going to happen anytime soon.
kkc60

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 12:35:26 AM »

So we gotta wait until Matt is 38 to get a cup.........yay

I sure seen a lot of them playing college ball the last couple of weeks......Bombers just can't find one

He won't be a bomber fo the next five years....no way.
Thank you for somehow fumbling my clear point: old QBs can win you the big games. I'm not saying we gotta wait till Nichols is 38 (that's not even 5 years, good job with that math) I'm just saying it's not impossible for Nichols to still win us games in 5 years

If every good looking college player turned out, draft busts wouldn't exist in the NFL, and the Cleveland Browns might be in the playoffs.

Why not? Please explain. If he plays like he is, why wouldn't he be? Seriously, the things you say about the guy, it's actually sad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: