Blue Bombers Forum
September 21, 2018, 07:41:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Glenn or Durant (if he gets realeased)  (Read 9617 times)
fansince79

« on: January 05, 2018, 07:57:05 PM »

Of the 2 as a possible Bomber back up QB my vote is for Durant. Has good history with Lapo. BTW, I can?t believe this team wasted a roster spot on Dom Davis for 3 freakin years. Really bring into question this regimes ability to assess talent.
gbill2004

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 08:03:33 PM »

This has been discussed to death in other threads, but between the 2, I'd slightly prefer Glenn. 
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 08:24:37 PM »

I would like Durant over Glenn if it were possible.

As for Dom, while I was disappointed with what he showed after getting plenty of time to develop, if MOS and Buck think he can still improve and become viable, I'm open to him taking the third QB spot.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Jesse

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 08:34:20 PM »

Kind of pointless to discuss again unless something happens. The QB cards seem to have been reshuffled again. The only way I can see Durant coming loose is if the Als sign Glenn.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 08:34:29 PM »

Glenn. Really good team guy. Playing style much closer to Nichols. Based on last year a better QB. Neither guy is really starting quality at this point but I think for those reasons I'd choose Glenn.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 08:42:02 PM »

Combinations I'd like to see

Preference #1

1. Nichols
2. Durant
3. Lefevour

Preference #2

1. Nichols
2. Glenn
3. Lefevour

Preference #3

1. Nichols
2. Willy (he or Durant will shake loose from Montreal)
3. Davis

I'd really like to see Preference #1, with Nichols taking about 80% of the snaps, and hurry up play sets using either Durant or Lefevour (similar what they did with him by keeping him in after a short yardage play last year) to keep defenses off balance.

Glenn offers a lower cost solution to Durant.  Wouldn't want to use him for short yardage, so keep Lefevour.

If Willy were to become available, I also think he'd be a decent insurance option.
blue_or_die

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 08:44:40 PM »

Glenn. Really good team guy. Playing style much closer to Nichols. Based on last year a better QB. Neither guy is really starting quality at this point but I think for those reasons I'd choose Glenn.

I call BS, I think you're just trying to piss off Aardvark lmao

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 08:50:49 PM »

Combinations I'd like to see

Preference #1

1. Nichols
2. Durant
3. Lefevour

Preference #2

1. Nichols
2. Glenn
3. Lefevour

Preference #3

1. Nichols
2. Willy (he or Durant will shake loose from Montreal)
3. Davis

I'd really like to see Preference #1, with Nichols taking about 80% of the snaps, and hurry up play sets using either Durant or Lefevour (similar what they did with him by keeping him in after a short yardage play last year) to keep defenses off balance.

Glenn offers a lower cost solution to Durant.  Wouldn't want to use him for short yardage, so keep Lefevour.

If Willy were to become available, I also think he'd be a decent insurance option.

Interesting. I'd go:

1. Nichols
2a. Glenn 2b. Durant
3a. Davis 3b. Another Prospect 3c. Lefeavour
PR spot - Prospect
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 08:55:59 PM »

Interesting. I'd go:

1. Nichols
2a. Glenn 2b. Durant
3a. Davis 3b. Another Prospect 3c. Lefeavour
PR spot - Prospect
I agree with the golden hat 100%

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_or_die

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 08:56:52 PM »

Not sure why we would keep a spot open for both a vet insurance policy and Lefevour. IMO, you should be able to trust your #2 or #3 guy to do short yardage. We need to have at least one spot for development.

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 09:01:40 PM »

Not sure why we would keep a spot open for both a vet insurance policy and Lefevour. IMO, you should be able to trust your #2 or #3 guy to do short yardage. We need to have at least one spot for development.

Yea, I agree. If we do get a vet backup it's probably the least good option. Glenn isn't going to get you much on short yardage though, so I suppose it would at least a consideration to keep him. I'm with you though, I wouldn't recommend it.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 09:02:05 PM »

Teams usually carry 4 QB's, last year was an exception.
blue_or_die

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 09:04:17 PM »

Teams usually carry 4 QB's, last year was an exception.

Yeah but I want one on the game day roster (the 4th is usually just PR, no?) to get garbage time reps.

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 09:07:25 PM »

Yeah but I want one on the game day roster (the 4th is usually just PR, no?) to get garbage time reps.

4th is PR yes. Two things: 1) O'Shea really doesn't seem quick to put in backups even when we're up by a lot. 2) I'm always a proponent of giving your backup any extra reps. So if we were up big and we land Durant/Glenn/Vet backup ... he gets the reps. The developmental guy will have to develop in practice.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »

neither, both washed up, too $ and eliminates our ability to develop our next QB

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: