Blue Bombers Forum
June 23, 2018, 08:19:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Richie Hall Returns & other D coaching changes  (Read 9574 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2018, 05:34:42 PM »

Sure, but if I recall, the question to Walters was more related to Hurl and the MLB.  It's impossible not to have a rotation at DL. 

Sure, a rotation to give guys a breather (or injuries) but the philosophy of trying to match personnel to offensive packages might not be pursued so readily this season. Corney will still come in. So will Thomas (if he's back), but we're possibly going to be less concerned with matching either of them (and anyone else on the line) to a specific situation, and more concerned with just using those guys to spell off our starters when they need a break. There is a difference there.
gbill2004

« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2018, 05:36:30 PM »

Sure, a rotation to give guys a breather (or injuries) but the philosophy of trying to match personnel to offensive packages might not be pursued so readily this season. Corney will still come in. So will Thomas (if he's back), but we're possibly going to be less concerned with matching either of them (and anyone else on the line) to a specific situation, and more concerned with just using those guys to spell off our starters when they need a break. There is potentially a big difference.
Yes and I think Hurl was the elephant in the room there. Aside from Hurl and the DL, I don?t recall any other significant rotations on D.
Jesse

« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2018, 05:37:27 PM »

Yes and I think Hurl was the elephant in the room there. Aside from Hurl and the DL, I don?t recall any other significant rotations on D.

The secondary had quite a few rotations as well.
gbill2004

« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2018, 05:21:03 PM »

Todd Howard signed on with the Als as their linebackers coach.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2018, 01:04:44 AM »

DBs rotated briefly, more when we were hurt and more when we really struggled / had our really bad blow outs

I love the rotation on the DL, nice to see more bodies get reps both for the player impact and the ability for more guys to participate and develop.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
gbill2004

« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2018, 09:33:54 PM »

I just heard an interesting stat on Tim and Sid.  The Patriots D ranked 5th in points scored, but ranked 29th in yards allowed.  Sort of reminds me of a Richie Hall D. 
Jesse

« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2018, 09:51:03 PM »

I just heard an interesting stat on Tim and Sid.  The Patriots D ranked 5th in points scored, but ranked 29th in yards allowed.  Sort of reminds me of a Richie Hall D. 

Except weren?t we among the worst in the league in both?
gbill2004

« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2018, 10:00:19 PM »

Bombers D gets lots of turnovers, which lead to points, and gives up lots of yards. That?s my comparison.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2018, 11:33:18 PM »

we were 5th in points allowed and 7th in yards allowed, while not impressive by no means, it still isn't last... but, a ton of room for improvement...

we were 2nd in turn over ratio, which includes fumbles and turn over on downs, and 1st in points scored by turn over!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 11:37:16 PM by 66 Chevelle » Logged

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Blue72

« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2018, 11:47:25 PM »

We might have been 2nd in turnovers but the 2 leading guys are not signed to a contract yet (Leggett/Heath), so what is Halls plans if they don't sign here. Turnovers will drop until they find a couple real good guys for replacements, but maybe with a better MLB it could help our DBs.
DM83

« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2018, 11:58:35 PM »

The DBS and LB could not play the defence they were given.  Duh.  Isn't that obvious?
So,etching has to change!

What has? Nothing!

A few scapegoats released.  Yea!

If I am playing the Bombers, it's the same game plan as last year.  Take Adams away, wait for the dunk and dunk run to the ball end of story.

Against the Bombers defence..anything. Create man to man and out it up. Crossing patterns will also work as LBs too slow or out of position. Run the ball no ,linebaclers good for a min five yd avg. positive yards every play

Avg team.  Can make a few plays either way. middle of the pack at best.  Nothing to worry about.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2018, 12:29:06 AM »

The DBS and LB could not play the defence they were given.  Duh.  Isn't that obvious?
So,etching has to change!

What has? Nothing!

A few scapegoats released.  Yea!

If I am playing the Bombers, it's the same game plan as last year.  Take Adams away, wait for the dunk and dunk run to the ball end of story.

Against the Bombers defence..anything. Create man to man and out it up. Crossing patterns will also work as LBs too slow or out of position. Run the ball no ,linebaclers good for a min five yd avg. positive yards every play

Avg team.  Can make a few plays either way. middle of the pack at best.  Nothing to worry about.

it's called hope, it's called patience, it's called wait and see what management brings into camp

Hall and company will run a better D
Our weak players last year will be better this year
We will find a couple gems
There will be some weak points but all teams have them and our offense will likely be top 3ish

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue72

« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2018, 05:03:17 AM »

How do you figure that we should be in the top 3ish when our 2 main receivers in Adams and Dressler can't make it a full year without getting hurt. Dressler is at the best a 2b receiver and after that what do we have right now that scares anyone. Harris was real good last year but did slow down a little at the end of the year and will he be able to take the hits he took last year. Flanders isn't bad but we should be able to find a better IMP, as everyone says that IMP RB's are easy to find.
With Bond not coming back will Neufield be able to do the job for the "full" year and we will see what our backups are going to be like.
So as of now there are still a lot of questions about our offense not even talking about the D yet.
DM83

« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2018, 09:00:58 AM »

PJ rock, really? Are you looking forward to the Easter Bunny?
Blue 72 hits the nail on the head.
Geez PJ develop some critical ability.  Our receivers try as they might, are really not much to scare anyone about.  I mean let's face it as fans, we are GRATEFUL if they catch a pass for a first down.

Waiting for some receivers of consequence is like ....I don't know, it will never happen.
I think the Bombers board up the windows, lock the doors and take off for five months.

But,......this  is no way to sell tickets. I mean we sign. bC Lion DB who was cut, wouldn't play the defence called, and had his best year three years ago....and that one of the better signings.! Go blue?

At this rate they will sign Drew Willy for 3rd string, stating he is experienced, knows the system, and is familiar throwing to Dressler.
Jesse

« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2018, 02:08:12 PM »

PJ rock, really? Are you looking forward to the Easter Bunny?
Blue 72 hits the nail on the head.
Geez PJ develop some critical ability.  Our receivers try as they might, are really not much to scare anyone about.  I mean let's face it as fans, we are GRATEFUL if they catch a pass for a first down.

Waiting for some receivers of consequence is like ....I don't know, it will never happen.
I think the Bombers board up the windows, lock the doors and take off for five months.

But,......this  is no way to sell tickets. I mean we sign. bC Lion DB who was cut, wouldn't play the defence called, and had his best year three years ago....and that one of the better signings.! Go blue?

At this rate they will sign Drew Willy for 3rd string, stating he is experienced, knows the system, and is familiar throwing to Dressler.

pj is way over the top, but despite all the problems you listed, our offence was easily one of the best in the league last year. Why do think that?s going to drop off so significantly?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: