Blue Bombers Forum
September 23, 2018, 10:01:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calvillo leaves Als for the 2018 season...and then joins the Argos  (Read 1723 times)
BlueInCgy

« on: January 04, 2018, 05:17:25 PM »

Was wondering what happened to AC with the whole coaching changes in Montreal, looks like he asked for a year away from football prior to the coaching announcements.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-name-new-assistants-but-anthony-calvillo-wont-be-on-staff

Hopefully everything's all right with him and his family, and he just wants to see how the circus plays out before he decides if he wants to stay in the ring.

THREAD NECRO NOTE

Calvillo signed on to be the Argos QB coach today according the Dunk.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:03:34 PM by BlueInCgy » Logged
BlueInCgy

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »

Bump for update.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:33:15 PM »

Surprised to hear he joined the Argos but with Popp and Trestman running things I don?t blame him.....

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
gbill2004

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »

Looks like a "year away from football" really meant "I need to get out of this mess of a franchise". 
dd

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 09:49:19 PM »

Really speaks volumes on who he trusts and wants to be with in terms of a coaching staff. Understandable his loyalties lie with Pop and Trestman, but man, Montreal is in tough for this year...good luck there Mr. Westerman!!!!
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 01:42:34 AM »

Trestman just wants to further diminish his reputation.....I swear we wouldnt know who Trestman was if he had Justin Goltz, T.J. Rubbly, and Max Hall as his QB's.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
DM83

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 06:15:08 AM »

Cavillo and Trestman work well together.
The idiot GM in Montreal won't last the year.
Kavis is a prime example,of when "quit while you are ahead"  applies.
rubanski

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 03:26:47 PM »

Trestman just wants to further diminish his reputation.....I swear we wouldnt know who Trestman was if he had Justin Goltz, T.J. Rubbly, and Max Hall as his QB's.

This is ignorant. Trestman has proven his worth in this league.

Calvillo's career was on a down swing until Trestman resurrected it. The Allouettes had losing seasons before Trestman arrived and after he left.

Every single year Trestman coached Calvillo was above average for him (QB rating).

In case you want to claim that was a fluke, he did just it again this past season with the worst team in the league.

I'm open to discussion about flukes and luck (see Danny Maciocia winning a Grey Cup), but you've got no leg to stand on here.
Tiger

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 01:10:18 AM »

Trestman is an experienced QB coach, OC and HC.  Calvillo will learn alot

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 06:25:58 AM »

Calvillo knows how to play and win in the CFL.  He is as good as any Hall of Fame QB in the CFL.  I am surprised Damon Allen with all his experience and Grey Cups have not resurfaced in the CFL coaching ranks though.
Chris1982
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »

Calvillo knows how to play and win in the CFL.  He is as good as any Hall of Fame QB in the CFL.  I am surprised Damon Allen with all his experience and Grey Cups have not resurfaced in the CFL coaching ranks though.

I thought Jeff Garcia would have a longer CFL coaching career.  Only coached 1 year in the CFL, then coached 1 year in the NFL and has not been heard from since.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 02:48:11 PM »

I thought Jeff Garcia would have a longer CFL coaching career.  Only coached 1 year in the CFL, then coached 1 year in the NFL and has not been heard from since.

If you were married to the 2004 Playmate of the Year, would you leave the house more than you had to?
Chris1982
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 09:37:02 PM »

If you were married to the 2004 Playmate of the Year, would you leave the house more than you had to?

Are you asking this assuming that she never leaves the house either?  I wouldnt see a point in staying in the house all day by myself.  You would think she has a life and goes out to do stuff.   Wink Wink
66 Chevelle

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 06:24:32 AM »

just remember, every hot chic you see while you're out and about that there's some guy sitting at home that's sick of her crap....  lol...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: