Blue Bombers Forum
January 16, 2018, 11:50:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought my season tickets!  (Read 750 times)
bombergal

« on: January 04, 2018, 02:50:11 PM »

I am pretty stoked...I just impulsively bought season tickets for the 2018 season (no buyer's remorse here!).  I have bought lots of single game tickets over the years (5 single games cost me around $300 a year, but I got 10 games for $352 so it's a better deal).  I couldn't always go to every game in the past, but this year I will make it a priority (no Europe trip next summer)!  The stadium is a great place to see a game and it's only my second year I bought seasons (2007 was the other year).  Usually I make 4-5 games a year but with lots of Friday night games this year, it's very enticing to me and it's the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning.   
The first 4 years of IGF that I went to the occasional game they didn't win a game (that was the first 10) but then I went to that crazy 2016 Thunderstorm game against Hamilton that went until 1 am and they kicked ***!  Wish I was at that July 27th game last summer vs. Montreal but I was in Europe lol! I have also been to the last two Banjo Bowl games and will a playoff ticket be included in that season ticket package? 

Is it June yet?? Go Bombers go!!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 05:05:08 AM »

Good for you bombergal.  I'm in the same boat... never had seasons but in '17 I went to all but 1 IGF game (missed 2nd last, and only because I was too ill to enjoy it).  If I'm going to buy 9 tickets, might as well just get ST like you.

However... I really do enjoy bouncing around the whole stadium, trying new sections each game.  I'd miss that if I got ST's.  I like to mix up E vs W, 100 vs 200 level, and I enjoy the odd 100-level row 1 seats I occasionally score for cheap on stubhub the day of the game.  I'm not sure I'd be able to pick a favorite section to ST hunker down in...

I made the MTL miracle game, but am jealous you made the '16 HAM thuderstorm game... I would have loved to have been there, definitely would have stayed.

As for playoff tickets, I'm sure, as always, your ST purchase includes them.
Tehedra

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 05:10:23 AM »

This is something I have always wondered but; when you are at a game there are always plenty of open seats.  If by the second quarter no one has taken those seats are you allowed to move from the seats you have to any of the open seats?  I mean I have always been concerned with doing it but at the same time that could allow someone like you Techno to purchase SeasonTickets, but get to experience the different crowds and areas based on the availability after the first quarter.

My second question is; I was bought season tickets the other year but didn't realize they included play off tickets.  Had I known that I would have most definitely went that year; by question is if you do get playoff tickets but the team doesn't get a home game; do the tickets still work for the away game?
theaardvark

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 05:13:20 AM »

If there is no home playoff game, those tickets are refunded, and put towards the next years tickets...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn17

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 12:37:25 PM »

This is something I have always wondered but; when you are at a game there are always plenty of open seats.  If by the second quarter no one has taken those seats are you allowed to move from the seats you have to any of the open seats?  I mean I have always been concerned with doing it but at the same time that could allow someone like you Techno to purchase SeasonTickets, but get to experience the different crowds and areas based on the availability after the first quarter.

My second question is; I was bought season tickets the other year but didn't realize they included play off tickets.  Had I known that I would have most definitely went that year; by question is if you do get playoff tickets but the team doesn't get a home game; do the tickets still work for the away game?

You can move down or up after half time and no one will say much. However, if someone complains you are asked to return to your seats. Sometimes I have a couple seats unoccupied in my season tix and people come and sit in them. I wait to see their behavior and decide whether or not to inform security at that time. For the most part, I do not mind people coming down closer to the field for a better look if they are nice.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 10:31:40 PM »

You can move down or up after half time and no one will say much. However, if someone complains you are asked to return to your seats. Sometimes I have a couple seats unoccupied in my season tix and people come and sit in them. I wait to see their behavior and decide whether or not to inform security at that time. For the most part, I do not mind people coming down closer to the field for a better look if they are nice.

that's the same way I am with my Mizzou womens's BB season tickets I bought for my granddaughter. She's only 8 but she plays organized BB with her friends and she likes to invite some along with us at times so I bought a couple extra seats for her to 'entertain'.... Luckily we haven't had any issues with those that have taken a seat so far this year.
The parking pass that comes with season tickets was worth the cost of the extra seats, lol...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: