Blue Bombers Forum
September 21, 2018, 07:40:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Franklin signs in Toronto  (Read 1966 times)
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 05:24:50 PM »

Retire (on his own terms, not due to injury) right into coaching?  You'd think the guy would want a break.

On the plus side, if Maas starts throwing stuff at him, Ricky can throw it back harder and more accurately.....

Now THAT is comedy.  Well done Sir.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 05:26:22 PM »

Thanks.  The joke works on so many levels.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 06:59:59 PM »

Oh. please. He wanted to be a head coach.

Doesn't change the fact he was still thrown into a terrible situation by a clueless GM.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
rubanski

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 10:40:41 PM »

Doesn't change the fact he was still thrown into a terrible situation by a clueless GM.

Exactly.

I also highly doubt he was in favour of firing Lapo mid season so he could take over HC duties on top of DC duties for the exact same salary on a team struggling as it was.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 04:03:30 AM »

That?s be funny but he?s an upgrade over Durant.  Other options for Montreal could include Vernon Adams and Johnny Football. But I?d expect Hamilton to keep Johnny.

Isn't Kavis the one that got rid of Adams...or was it during Popp's tenure?
kkc60

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2018, 04:06:33 AM »

Isn't Kavis the one that got rid of Adams...or was it during Popp's tenure?
Popps tenure, they traded a first rounder for him. Kavis' tenure they chose Willy and Jacory Harris over him. Sask on the other hand traded a solid Canadian depthe player and a couple 3rds on him I believe. I think the Bombers can benefit from the Collaros trade in the sense they could very well sign Adams or Marquis Williams, both intriguing, young QBs
GCn18

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2018, 06:57:58 PM »

In other news, Rider fans sitting on their roof waiting for the space ship that will force the Argos to trade Franklin to them as written in the bible according to Stronson, less formally known as THE PLAN.

Last year we were told that Rider Stronson had scoured his extensive network of CFL contacts and had it on good authority that Franklin was going to be a Rider the minute he hit FA this year, and that it would have been last year if not for an evil desk drawer contract that Hervey had duped Franklin into signing without his knowledge and that this was Jones`plan all along.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 07:00:55 PM by GCn17 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2018, 07:22:20 PM »

True there is a linkage, but I think the problem in Montreal right now is Kavis.  Mack is a good recruiter of American talent in my opinion, but is a terrible GM. 
agreed....that?s my take on the Als as well

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: