Blue Bombers Forum
June 23, 2018, 08:23:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers moving on from TJ Heath?? Negotiations at a stalemate??  (Read 3680 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 05:30:11 AM »

TJ, Get your *** back to Winnipeg.  We are trending upward, everyone else is going  the otherway.  Sign a one year deal, win the Grey Cup,and then ask for the moon!
You are our best DB, and should be paid like it, and you will. 

Sorry to say, but he doesn't need another year to "ask for the moon".  He has been a league leader in INT's the last two years, and an all star, even in a year he played with 2 different teams.  He's earned his "ask for the moon" status, unfortunately.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 06:32:08 AM »

One thing our D accomplished was scoring points.....one of the reasons we ended up scoring that many points!  Heath has had a lot of pics in both seasons.....being an all star ups the ante.   If he goes his replacement will likely not be as good or a long shot to be as good.....at best.  He?s got the upper hand at the moment....good for him....maybe not so good for the Bombers....unfortunately!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
TecnoGenius

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 09:15:48 AM »

Give Heath the money unless it's off in crazy town.  If he's so far offbase then let him sit in FA until he realizes no one will pay what he's asking, then come crawling back to WPG.  If we had LB/DB corps consisting of a bunch of Randles, Leggets and Heaths, we'd have won the '17 GC.  Gotta keep the performers.
GCn17

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 12:48:20 PM »

These kind of tweets are good news imo. It means that the player and the team are talking. I suspect that Heath will be signed soon. It always concerns me when you hear nothing about a player re-signing because if Heath wanted out/or the Bombers had other plans that's what we would hear.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
TBURGESS

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 02:40:32 PM »

I'm not worried about Health yet. I'd hate to lose him tho. He's one of the best and deserves to be paid like it. If we won't, some other team will.

Being right never gets old.
gbill2004

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2018, 02:44:40 PM »

Any other interesting DBs available in free agency, in case Heath signs elsewhere? 
theaardvark

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2018, 03:12:40 PM »

I'm not worried about Health yet. I'd hate to lose him tho. He's one of the best and deserves to be paid like it. If we won't, some other team will.

Can't remembner where I heard that before... oh wait...

T.j. Heath@TjHeath34
When u find something that?s consistently good..invest in it or someone else will

Wink

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jockitch

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2018, 06:14:12 PM »

would it be realistic to think Walters would try & trade TJHeath for a starting MLB. ??

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 06:17:20 PM »

would it be realistic to think Walters would try & trade TJHeath for a starting MLB. ??

trading a pending FA isn't that easy...maybe works for QB's...sign him then trade him???  i  don't know about that...
GCn17

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 06:22:58 PM »

No. Not realistic in the least imo.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
theaardvark

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 06:28:52 PM »

Trading a Nat all star or a QB that is a pending FA might be a trade that can be made, but a Int, even an allstar, not so much.

GCn17

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 06:54:28 PM »

Trading a Nat all star or a QB that is a pending FA might be a trade that can be made, but a Int, even an allstar, not so much.

You might get an obligatory but obscure neg list player or something if someone really wants negotiating rights. The only way such a trade would be made is if Walters wanted to someone a favor because he could get almost nothing in return.

gbill2004

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 06:58:05 PM »

Closest example I can think of is when Walters traded for Chris Randle from Calgary, when Randle was a pending free agent.  He wasn't an all-star at the time, but had high potential.  I believe the trade involved the Bombers and Calgary swapping mid-round picks that draft. 
theaardvark

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 08:05:06 PM »

With Younger in and Hall staying, I think the TJ Heath story might be changing...

gbill2004

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 08:06:23 PM »

With Younger in and Hall staying, I think the TJ Heath story might be changing...
Younger is only 39 years old.  Maybe he can play some DB for us!  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: