Blue Bombers Forum
June 23, 2018, 08:39:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers moving on from TJ Heath?? Negotiations at a stalemate??  (Read 3683 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« on: January 04, 2018, 02:37:48 PM »

Cryptic tweet from TJ this morning..

T.j. Heath‏Verified account
@TjHeath34
Following Following @TjHeath34
More
When u find something that?s consistently good..invest in it or someone else will

gbill2004

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 02:40:04 PM »

Cryptic tweet from TJ this morning..

T.j. Heath‏Verified account
@TjHeath34
Following Following @TjHeath34
More
When u find something that?s consistently good..invest in it or someone else will
That could mean anything, and if it is contract related, it's probably just part of the negotiations. 

Remember Lamar Durant's recent tweet, where he tweeted "Free Agency".  Then a couple days later he re-signed with Calgary. 
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 02:40:47 PM »

That could mean anything, and if it is contract related, it's probably just part of the negotiations. 

Remember Lamar Durant's recent tweet, where he tweeted "Free Agency".  Then a couple days later he re-signed with Calgary. 

yup...one never knows...
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 02:53:17 PM »

Nothing about our secondary was consistently good last year.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 03:30:10 PM »

He was an all star and his stock would go up because of it.....we had 3 all stars in the secondary and our stats were horrific aside from our takeaways and interceptions.  Our coaching might be suspect however it looks,like the Bombers are standing pat...once again.   Fatal flaw imho!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
gbill2004

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 06:07:50 PM »

http://3downnation.com/2018/01/04/all-star-db-t-j-heath-seems-unhappy-about-negotiations-with-bombers/
thunderNlightning

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 06:37:02 PM »

Heath was a do or die type player. If he was not intercepting balls he for the most part was pretty invisible. He did get beat for some big plays and whiffed tackles. He is a veteran which is hard to replace when you have rookies starting. But if there is a better player in free agency, Im ok with not re signing him. Will not be the end of the world. Im sure with Hall still around it wont matter who is back there giving up 400 yards per game in the air anyway.
blueraid

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 07:34:47 PM »

Hate to lose guys of his calibre BUT the lure of more money elsewhere is always there.....Will the grass be greener ....?? a few have found out that's not always the case Undecided
theaardvark

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 08:24:17 PM »

I'm sure Walters has a number in mind, and that number might not be as high as another GM trying to win this year. 

Can't fault a guy for wanting to get paid, TJ certainly has earned that right.  But its a business.  We can't give everyone what they want, unless what they want is a reasonable salary paid to play on a great team. Wink

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 09:23:25 PM »

Heath was a do or die type player. If he was not intercepting balls he for the most part was pretty invisible. He did get beat for some big plays and whiffed tackles. He is a veteran which is hard to replace when you have rookies starting. But if there is a better player in free agency, Im ok with not re signing him. Will not be the end of the world. Im sure with Hall still around it wont matter who is back there giving up 400 yards per game in the air anyway.

Invisible you say? He was tied with Randle for 4th in DT's with 64. If he had 3 more tackles he would have been 2nd.

I think you underestimate his value in 2017. However, I have no idea what his financial expectations are or how realistic he sets his market value. Extremely likely he plays in the CFL for someone in 2018.

Whether it's the Bombers or not I don't know. IMO we can't afford to lose him and we've had difficulty actually finding rookie import talent at DB.

I foresee us starting Alexander, Walker and Parker ( 2017 PR ) if we lose Heath and / or Randle.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:51:24 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 09:27:22 PM »

T.j. Heath‏Verified account
@TjHeath34 

😂y?all took that and ran with it didn?t y?all.  I?m blessed beyond measure man to be unhappy! And besides it?s January. Still early! but I get it I?m ready for football season too 😂!

dd

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 11:30:45 PM »

I cringe at the thought of loosing Randal or Heath and then convulse when I think if this happens, we'll start Alexander and Walker.....we'll get severely torched in 2018!!! It will be disasterous!!!

Hey Mr. New Scout....can you find us some quality DB's???!!!
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 01:38:25 AM »

T.j. Heath‏Verified account
@TjHeath34 

😂y?all took that and ran with it didn?t y?all.  I?m blessed beyond measure man to be unhappy! And besides it?s January. Still early! but I get it I?m ready for football season too 😂!

Does this imply a tweet wasn't a complete and factual statement?

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
tlf

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 02:50:33 AM »

Could be about his significant other for all we know. You all read way too much into social media.
DM83

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 04:39:47 AM »

TJ, Get your *** back to Winnipeg.  We are trending upward, everyone else is going  the otherway.  Sign a one year deal, win the Grey Cup,and then ask for the moon!
You are our best DB, and should be paid like it, and you will. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: