Blue Bombers Forum
January 16, 2018, 12:13:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Masoli re-signed in Hamilton  (Read 439 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« on: January 04, 2018, 02:22:01 PM »

Masoli and Manzeil??  Will Johnny want to sign there if he is guaranteed number 1?

Five-year CFL veteran led league in passing yards and rushing yards by a QB after Labour Day in 2017

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Thursday that the football club has re-signed international quarterback Jeremiah Masoli to a two-year contract.

?Jeremiah is a proven dual-threat quarterback who?s outstanding work ethic, competitive nature and resilience is infectious to his teammates and everyone on our staff,? said June Jones, Head Coach of the Tiger-Cats. ?We?re very excited to have him back in Hamilton for the next two seasons as he continues to elevate his game to new levels.?

Masoli, 29, appeared in all 18 regular season games (10 starts) for the Tiger-Cats in 2017, registering 249 completions on 391 pass attempts (63.7%) for 3,177 yards, 15 touchdowns and five interceptions, while adding 70 carries for 446 rushing yards and four touchdowns. After being named Hamilton?s starting quarterback on September 4, Masoli led the Canadian Football League the rest of the season in passing yards (3,032) and rushing yards by a quarterback (384), was tied for second in passing touchdowns (15), and had the second-least interceptions (4) among starting quarterbacks over that span. He also earned CFL Top Performer of the Week honours twice (Week 12 & Week 16) and was named a CFL Top Performer of the Month in October.

In five CFL seasons with the Tiger-Cats (2013-17), the native of San Francisco, California, has passed for 6,325 yards, rushed for 771 yards and posted 45 touchdowns (33 passing, 12 rushing). Eighteen of his 19 career CFL regular season starts have come in the last two seasons. Masoli was acquired by Hamilton on February 5, 2013 from Edmonton along with linebacker Simoni Lawrence and offensive lineman Greg Wojt in exchange for linebacker Nathan Kanya and offensive lineman Carson Rockhill.
rubanski

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 03:46:21 PM »

Wow, he's been in the league 5 years.

Also Wow, Edmonton got hosed on that trade. Like seriously, who the heck are Kanya and Rockhill.
Stats Junkie

Unofficial Blue Bombers Historian

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 06:04:22 PM »

Masoli has actually been in the league for 6 seasons. He spent the 2012 season on the Eskimos' injured list.

@Stats_Junkie
TecnoGenius

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 05:09:23 AM »

Love Masoli.  If we don't get a decent #2 QB and Nichols gets hurt, and Masoli is warming the bench for Manziel, trade for Masoli right away.  Masoli can keep our season alive while Nichols heals.  And be cheap!

I'm surprised Masoli is going to accept a #2 spot, I feel he's earned #1 spot in the CFL.  Maybe he's betting Manziel won't actually show up?

And it's re-signed, not resigned!!  Argh!!
theaardvark

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 05:12:07 AM »

Love Masoli.  If we don't get a decent #2 QB and Nichols gets hurt, and Masoli is warming the bench for Manziel, trade for Masoli right away.  Masoli can keep our season alive while Nichols heals.  And be cheap!

I'm surprised Masoli is going to accept a #2 spot, I feel he's earned #1 spot in the CFL.  Maybe he's betting Manziel won't actually show up?

Manzeil will, if he gets signed and shows up, get a chance to earn the starters spot.  It will not be handed to him.  If he earns it, bravo.  Masoli realizes its a very low percentage chance that Manzeil pushes him to #2.  And if he does, time for an impromptu shooter party, with a covert videographer...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Tehedra

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 05:12:30 AM »

this.

Chris1982

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 10:54:56 AM »

Manzeil will, if he gets signed and shows up, get a chance to earn the starters spot.  It will not be handed to him.  If he earns it, bravo.  Masoli realizes its a very low percentage chance that Manzeil pushes him to #2.  And if he does, time for an impromptu shooter party, with a covert videographer...

I bet Manziel gets cut in training camp. 

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
gbill2004

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 12:06:54 PM »

I bet Manziel gets cut in training camp. 
I was getting excited to see Manziel play in the CFL, but I'm starting to think this is the likely scenario...if he even makes it to the CFL. 
Chris1982

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 09:02:31 PM »

Even if he does make the cuts and joins the active roster, I have a HARD time seeing him take the CFL seriously.  He is only a couple years removed from the NFL, and he was given numerous chances, and blew them all.  His ego is way too inflated.  If you bomb numerous chances in the NFL, I can not see someone having an epiphany which will all of a sudden make him shine in the CFL.

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: