Blue Bombers Forum
June 18, 2018, 03:50:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buck Pierce Turns Down Alouettes Offensive Coordinator Position  (Read 1490 times)
limodriver

« on: January 03, 2018, 09:44:29 PM »

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/bombers-quarterbacks-coach-buck-pierce-turns-down-job-with-alouettes-467920383.html

Can't say that I blame him.....  But good for him
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 01:45:34 AM »

interesting development

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Jesse

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 01:51:22 AM »

A good decision for anyone in his position, but we all assume he?s been told that he gets the OC gig when Lapo moves on, right?
limodriver

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 02:08:39 AM »

The Al's are hardly the type of organization a new coach would want to get his start....  Could be like throwing him an anchor....   Plus, like Lapo, Buck has roots here....  His time will come....   and maybe with the Bombers
gbill2004

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 11:53:50 PM »

From Herb: I?m told both Tommy Condell and George Cortez turned down the opportunity to become #AlsMTL offensive co-ordinator that went to Khari Jones - after Buck Pierce also quashed the offer.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 09:31:40 AM »

Always liked Bucks style of play....in his early days with BC he was exciting to watch but I think he had one concussion too many....he used to play aggressively in BC and would huck the ball down the field or run with it. 
If he ever makes it to OC for the Bombers his style I think would be at the very least entertaining.  What?s everyone?s take on Buck as our next OC?  To be honest I never rated him as a particularly cerebral QB and more of a scrambler who could make things happen with his legs if all else failed.   His teammates certainly loved him though!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
theaardvark

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 02:26:25 PM »

Odd that AC is stepping completely away from this organization...  choosing a fomer QB that was dismissed by another team as OC over AC...  just odd.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 02:32:02 PM »

Odd that AC is stepping completely away from this organization...  choosing a fomer QB that was dismissed by another team as OC over AC...  just odd.

Maybe AC chose for them. He's a smart guy who possibly sees the pretty obvious stormy seas ahead.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 02:32:58 PM »

AC doesn't want to coach and/or wants nothing to do with the Als at this time...or there are some other circumstances (ie family) that he wants to focus on.  Not sure they chose anyone over AC...AC may have said he wanted a break and then they hired Jones.
kkc60

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 02:37:03 PM »

AC has been a part of that tire fire from the beginning. Can't blame him for finally wanting out
BlueInCgy

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 03:13:07 PM »

He asked to be given a year off before the decisions were made, cited that he was burned out.  Hints are that he takes on a Pinball type ambassador of the team role in the future, which honestly is a far better fit for both him and the team.  Like Sparky Anderson once told Alan Trammell (remember the days when the NBC feed in Winnipeg broadcast every single Tigers game) - "Never coach in the city that made you famous."
Tiger

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 06:20:24 AM »

Buck is smarter than I thought.  He can safely learn under Lapo and be secure in his job until he is ready and the right opportunity comes along.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Chris1982
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 09:16:33 AM »

Bombers arrows are facing upwards in every aspect - Alouettes are a mess and have way too many problems to fix.  I applaud Pierce for wanting to stick around and be a part of our eventual Grey Cup win, as he was a big part of what we have built over the past several years.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: