Blue Bombers Forum
December 15, 2018, 04:27:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eli Manning Benching  (Read 2230 times)
dd

« on: December 04, 2017, 05:35:30 AM »

This could go under NFL discussion, but I thought it derseved it's own posting for the player involved.

Just wondering what football fans think of the benching of Eli Manning?? Wins his franchise 2 Super Bowls , his team stinks, and he gets benched for Geno smith!?!? Totally classless move and I hope the Giants get what's coming to them for this
Chris1982
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 08:21:41 AM »

This could go under NFL discussion, but I thought it derseved it's own posting for the player involved.

Just wondering what football fans think of the benching of Eli Manning?? Wins his franchise 2 Super Bowls , his team stinks, and he gets benched for Geno smith!?!? Totally classless move and I hope the Giants get what's coming to them for this

I definitely think that Eli Manning deserves to be benched.  It doesnt matter that he has won 2 Super Bowls - if his time is done, then so be it. No player deserves to start based on what he did a few years ago.

That being said, the thing that I *HIGHLY* disagree with is starting Geno Smith.  They definitely should be starting Davis Webb.  They drafted Webb in the 3rd round this year, and he has potential to be their future starter, so they need to see what he has.  Manning will definitely not be back with the Giants next year, and Geno Smith is NO WAY their future, so I can not see any reason to start Geno Smith. 

Given the state of the Giants this year, starting Webb is the respectable and logical choice, what they are doing with Geno Smith is a slap in the face to Manning.

On a side note, rumor is that McAdoo will be fired by the end of the week.

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 02:02:57 PM »

It's not so much that he got benched but it's that he got benched for Geno Smith who has done nothing but suck wherever he goes. I could see the move if they had a prospect they wanted to develop for next year, knowing they're done this year and wanting to finish as low as possible for a draft pick. It makes no sense though, when Geno Smith is the guy coming off the bench.
Chris1982
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 02:23:21 PM »

It's not so much that he got benched but it's that he got benched for Geno Smith who has done nothing but suck wherever he goes. I could see the move if they had a prospect they wanted to develop for next year, knowing they're done this year and wanting to finish as low as possible for a draft pick. It makes no sense though, when Geno Smith is the guy coming off the bench.

You said "IF" they had a prospect.  They in fact do have a prospect named Davis Webb who they drafted in the 3rd round this year.  That is why starting Geno Smith makes absolutely no sense at all.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 02:25:27 PM »

You said "IF" they had a prospect.  They in fact do have a prospect named Davis Webb who they drafted in the 3rd round this year.  That is why starting Geno Smith makes absolutely no sense at all.

I know everyone says Davis Webb is the guy but if they're trotting out Geno Smith ahead of him I wonder how ready he is.
Chris1982
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 02:47:02 PM »

I know everyone says Davis Webb is the guy but if they're trotting out Geno Smith ahead of him I wonder how ready he is.

It cant hurt to see... they are already eliminated from the playoffs... just put him out there and see what he can do.
Chris1982
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 05:06:02 PM »

Wow. That was fast. MacAdoo and Reese fired. Eli Manning may start this weekend.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 05:45:03 PM »

A dumb decision that ultimately cost MacAdoo his job. Benching Manning for Smith was about as stupid a decision as a HC could make.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Chris1982
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 06:04:29 PM »

A dumb decision that ultimately cost MacAdoo his job. Benching Manning for Smith was about as stupid a decision as a HC could make.

A stupid decision, yes... but that did not cost him his job.  He may have kept his job until the end of the season, but he was going to be fired regardless.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 06:08:18 PM by Chris1982 » Logged
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 06:46:21 PM »

Cry me a river!

Maybe Eli should of just went to play for the Chargers

Big whiner😰

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 09:44:56 PM »

Benching him is fine, for poor play.  Benching for Geno Smith is just embarrassing.  Someone up the chain in the Giants organization should have stepped in before that ever happened. 
Chris1982
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 10:47:27 PM »

Benching him is fine, for poor play.  Benching for Geno Smith is just embarrassing.  Someone up the chain in the Giants organization should have stepped in before that ever happened. 

Not sure how someone could have "stepped in".  McAdoo and Reese were both on board with the decision.  Other than the owner, not many people are in a position to "step in" on a decision made by the head coach and GM.  Mara made the right decision firing them both.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:50:37 PM by Chris1982 » Logged
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 11:31:04 PM »

Marra?s are a joke!

Chris1982
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 11:36:41 PM »

Marra?s are a joke!

How do you figure?  That family is on par with the Rooneys as one of the most respected families in pro football.
dd

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 11:58:11 PM »

My thoughts exactly. It was total insult and embarassment to Eli for benching him for Geno Smith, who, I still don't get why he's in the NFL.

Great the Giants fired those responsible, but they should have done something WHEN they heard of such a ludicrous decision, not after the entire football world spoke out. I'm referring to Deion Sanders, Philip Rivers, Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy etc. Great that the 'experts' spoke their minds and let everyone know of this injustice. Ya, the Giants suck, but Eli Manning is not the reason they suck. He's a decent Qb, and a very decent person, who didn't deserve this  embarrassment, nor his consecutive game streak. Alas, the boobs are out of a job and things will get back to normal for Eli, things will still suck, but try gettting an O line and a Rb to help the guy out!!!!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 01:53:26 AM »

A stupid decision, yes... but that did not cost him his job.  He may have kept his job until the end of the season, but he was going to be fired regardless.

So, it did cost him his job. As I said.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 02:08:57 AM »

How do you figure?  That family is on par with the Rooneys as one of the most respected families in pro football.
not anymore IF they ordered Eli be benched

He said he?d signed off on Eli being benched for a half? LOL
What a joke and likely lie!

I never liked that Franchise anyways
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:11:44 AM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

Chris1982
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 03:04:06 AM »

not anymore IF they ordered Eli be benched

He said he?d signed off on Eli being benched for a half? LOL
What a joke and likely lie!

I never liked that Franchise anyways

Eli being benched is not the issue. Starting Geno Smith is the issue.
gbill2004

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 11:34:40 AM »

Not sure how someone could have "stepped in".  McAdoo and Reese were both on board with the decision.  Other than the owner, not many people are in a position to "step in" on a decision made by the head coach and GM.  Mara made the right decision firing them both.
The owner could have stepped in.  And just yesterday he said that he should/could have.
Chris1982
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 01:13:48 PM »

The owner could have stepped in.  And just yesterday he said that he should/could have.

I just said that.  I said "other than the owner".
Colton

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 02:52:44 PM »

Not by fans of any team outside the Giants. They're top 3 most ridiculed by far, and for good reason. Mara is a complete tool.
Jesse

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 05:39:36 PM »

So, it did cost him his job. As I said.

Please. The owners hung him out to dry and then fired him to make it seem like they're not the root cause.

This was the most manipulative scapegoating I have ever seen (McAdoo still deserved to be fired - this just wasn't the reason).

My wife is amazing!
hammerbutt

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 03:40:46 PM »

Eli's numbers yesterday were pretty much identical to what Geno put up last week
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: