Blue Bombers Forum
December 17, 2018, 02:55:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Agent Recievers  (Read 38419 times)
bunker

« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2018, 11:13:25 PM »

We have a new US Scout now, the one that found Burnham... 

Would you want us to have 20% of our SMS tied up in 2 rec's and a QB like Edmonton does?  They obviously have a plethora of players they need to sign or release with so many on the IR last year, but you can bet that they will be parting ways with a number of vets... 

Bowman is clearly over paid,
But you're saying that if you had a chance to get Reilly and Walker on their current contracts you'd pass?
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2018, 05:12:14 PM »

I hope our new scout can fast track us a few gems such as a stud receiver and a heat seeking MLB!   That was one area where Joe Mack excelled at.....and that was about it.  Since then we haven?t been able to acquire those type of players that can push you all the way to the dance.

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
theaardvark

« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2018, 06:35:20 PM »

Bowman is clearly over paid,
But you're saying that if you had a chance to get Reilly and Walker on their current contracts you'd pass?

Reilly, sure.  Walker...  might be a little rich, depending on if he can keep it up...  1500yds per season is a tough pace, but worth $200k+

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2018, 09:14:28 PM »

I hope our new scout can fast track us a few gems such as a stud receiver and a heat seeking MLB!   That was one area where Joe Mack excelled at.....and that was about it.  Since then we haven?t been able to acquire those type of players that can push you all the way to the dance.
What heat seeking MLB did JM find??
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2018, 06:10:37 AM »

Seems like the scouts are happy settling on guys like LDW  Cry

Good god man, don't bring up LDW!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2018, 06:43:45 AM »

Washington has shown enough to deserve fighting for a spot in training camp.  There will be other receivers there.  He will have to battle for a roster spot but all the criticism about his ability is premature.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2018, 06:56:21 PM »

Washington has shown enough to deserve fighting for a spot in training camp.  There will be other receivers there.  He will have to battle for a roster spot but all the criticism about his ability is premature.

Exactly. I really don't see how letting Washington return to TC equates to the scouts settling on him.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2018, 07:00:47 PM »

That?s your opinion. There?s actually lots of evidence from this past season to backup criticisizing his abilities, or lack thereof. LDW is at best a JAG (just a guy). If he makes the team in 2018 that?ll be another failure from the scouts and the entire management team.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2018, 07:21:34 PM »

That?s your opinion. There?s actually lots of evidence from this past season to backup criticisizing his abilities, or lack thereof. LDW is at best a JAG (just a guy). If he makes the team in 2018 that?ll be another failure from the scouts and the entire management team.

What evidence ?.......
gbill2004

« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2018, 07:25:43 PM »

What evidence ?.......
Watch the games he played and read the threads here. This was already discussed to death.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2018, 07:46:50 PM »

No, it won't be failure.

If every first year player who made mistakes wasn't given a chance to redeem himself, there'd be a lot less players. You seem to forget Washington was a rookie, which is clearly clouding your judgement.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2018, 08:18:07 PM »

Watch the games he played and read the threads here. This was already discussed to death.

I did read the threads. And chevelle made a lot of good points regarding LDW in some threads, he made way more good points than any that were made against LDW for sure..........and like the moderator said he deserves to be back in training camp competing for a spot.

Too many here think that their personal opinions are how the team should be operating.....it's actually quite comical to read at times.
kkc60

« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2018, 09:00:19 PM »

"Discussed to death" as in over analyzing anything to do with LDW to further push your agenda?  I'm gonna speculate you just got tired of hearing about LDW's story
gbill2004

« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2018, 09:06:04 PM »

"Discussed to death" as in over analyzing anything to do with LDW to further push your agenda?  I'm gonna speculate you just got tired of hearing about LDW's story
Discussed to death = I?ve already stated everything I need to say about him. Nothing else to say and no point in repeating myself.  But you can speculate all you like. 
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2018, 12:31:40 AM »

The fact he got "look-sees" from 6 NFL teams and 2 CFL teams suggest he does have potential therefore your rush to judgement to release him is premature.  I think I will take their assessment over yours at this stage.  He may not make the team but your "lots of evidence" and "another failure from the scouts and entire management team" statement is speculation, I'm afraid.  If you really have such knowledge you should be applying for pro coaching or scouting position.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: