Blue Bombers Forum
June 18, 2018, 03:53:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Agent Recievers  (Read 26033 times)
Jets
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 12:05:19 AM »

NFL

Ah missed that. Thanks.
gbill2004

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 12:06:18 AM »

Ah missed that. Thanks.
Well I mean that it?s assumed he will get NFL interest.
Blue72

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 01:00:45 AM »

If you are saying that Nichols passed the ball around a lot so why did Harris and Dressler and maybe Adams when healthy have the highest percentage in receiving. I know that Dressler and Adams are our one - two guys but that is not using his full receiving core. So if the opposition covers Harris and Dressler than Nichols doesn't have the trust in his other guys.
If you watch a QB like Glenn, he has a 2-3 drop back and release just like Nichols but he checks out the defense before coming to the line and knows where he wants to go. I know that he throws a lot of interceptions but also moves the ball all over the field and uses everyone.
gbill2004

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 01:09:04 AM »

If you are saying that Nichols passed the ball around a lot so why did Harris and Dressler and maybe Adams when healthy have the highest percentage in receiving. I know that Dressler and Adams are our one - two guys but that is not using his full receiving core. So if the opposition covers Harris and Dressler than Nichols doesn't have the trust in his other guys.
If you watch a QB like Glenn, he has a 2-3 drop back and release just like Nichols but he checks out the defense before coming to the line and knows where he wants to go. I know that he throws a lot of interceptions but also moves the ball all over the field and uses everyone.
If you don?t believe me, go look at the receiving stats from each week. You?ll see a good mixture of Dressler, Adams, Harris, Denmark, Thorpe, JFG, Lankford and even Coates all nicely mixed in almost every game.  Nichols takes what the D gives him. Every team has their top few receivers so we?re not going to have five 1000 yard receivers, but he definitely spreads the ball around nicely.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:11:15 AM by gbill2004 » Logged
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 01:58:42 AM »

Absolute nonsense. Look at his stats. Nichols moved the ball around well despite having maybe the weakest receiving corps in the league.

Go Blue!

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
blue girl

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 02:34:44 AM »

I also believe that Nichols spread the ball around. It's just that some receivers saw the ball more than others. I'd be curious to know how many receivers per game saw at least one pass.
DM83

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 02:48:35 AM »

I don't understand your chart.
So are they ranked from top to bottom as first through whatever.?,,what does Number mean.?  Their player Number.? ***?
Tiger

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 04:04:23 AM »

Holy Money Ball Chevelle 66

You gave me lots to think about

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
dd

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 04:10:26 AM »

Absolute nonsense. Look at his stats. Nichols moved the ball around well despite having maybe the weakest receiving corps in the league.
It is indeed the weakest weakest receiving corps by a mile. And a Qb usually only throws a ball to a receiver who is OPEN!!! He goes through his reads and whomever is open gets the ball, not a hard concept to follow. If you didn't get a pass thrown to you it's because you weren't open or the Qb doesn have any confidence  in you in making the catch so went elsewhere with the ball
thunderNlightning

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 05:13:42 AM »

[/quote

I think we did, but looking at Calgary and Toronto's receivers, there were a lot of uncertainties there on how as a whole they would do. No superstar core like BC and Sask or even Ott had. And they did very well to both get to the finals with them.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 11:51:28 AM »

[/quote

I think we did, but looking at Calgary and Toronto's receivers, there were a lot of uncertainties there on how as a whole they would do. No superstar core like BC and Sask or even Ott had. And they did very well to both get to the finals with them.

We were not weaker than Hamilton or Montreal. I think our receivers were stronger than. Ottawa and Toronto also. I did not see those teams dominate anyone through their passing game at all. Maybe that's why they were 9-9 and Toronto relied on Wilder.
booch

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 01:27:23 PM »

Receivers with a skillset of Arcenaux don't usually hit their best before date at 30...they also can adapt their game to compensate...he could be another more athletic version of a Lewis late in his career. He was dealing with a knee injury pretty much the first 2/3rd's of season as well.

Another thing he is probably one of the most in shape players in the league and his traiing regime is insane...I'm sure he has a good 5 years of high end productivity left
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:30:14 PM by booch » Logged
GCn17

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 02:33:04 PM »

Receivers with a skillset of Arcenaux don't usually hit their best before date at 30...they also can adapt their game to compensate...he could be another more athletic version of a Lewis late in his career. He was dealing with a knee injury pretty much the first 2/3rd's of season as well.

Another thing he is probably one of the most in shape players in the league and his traiing regime is insane...I'm sure he has a good 5 years of high end productivity left

Arceneaux is not a burner as a receiver. He is effective because he is huge and strong. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
booch

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 02:36:10 PM »

Exactly...that's what I was getting at. His game and skill set is something that he can continue very effectively for years yet, and he is also hard to take down. I sure we all recall him tossing D. Washington out of his way like he was some 10 year old kid
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 02:36:50 PM »

To me, arceneaux is in the same category as Dressler--WAS an outstanding receiver but is aging now and past his prime and into health issues. We have dress, I d pass on MA.

I would go definitely cephecked out Posey, he's a young , up and coming receiver, this is what we need

Also, wasn't there an article out of Hamilton saying banks is not returning to Hamilton is Austin is still around, so he ll be definitely on the move and WELL worth a look as he brings a couple of dimensions to his game.

Calgary has a bunch to resign, i d be trying to get either Jordan or Daniels if posey or banks doesn't work out

According to the chart, he played in all 18 games and caught 100 balls.  What health issues are you referring to?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: