Blue Bombers Forum
June 23, 2018, 07:24:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Agent Recievers  (Read 26304 times)
66 Chevelle

« on: December 03, 2017, 05:52:58 AM »

I thought that some of you may have interest in this info. Basically what it is, is a ranking of the current free agents receivers that are available based upon my data and ranking formula. I used 5 of the columns of the data below to determine overall rank; Completion %, Avg Completion Distance, 30+ yard catches, Avg Yards Per Game, and Avg Yard After Catch per Catch. I weighted it some as well as to what I personally thought was important. For example, I added the ranking for Completion % in twice and then divided it all by 6 to arrive at a ranking. Also, all R columns are rankings for EOY for the top 85 receivers. The 'rating' column at the far right is with % in the formula once, the R2R column is with it twice... hope you enjoy....

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 05:53:54 AM »

one more note, the names in Red mean that they are a National receiver... sorry about the size too, I wanted to make sure it was big enough to read...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
gbill2004

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »

Jorden, Hazleton, Walker, Posey, Durant, Green, Tasker, Criner, and Arceneaux all look interesting.
Ducky

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 01:44:33 PM »

Thanks for doing that work.
bigbuff33

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 01:58:51 PM »

Receivers and linebackers...priority!!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 05:53:11 PM »

Jorden, Hazleton, Walker, Posey, Durant, Green, Tasker, Criner, and Arceneaux all look interesting.

My thoughts exactly. Although, I could pass on Criner, who had some ball security this past season. And in his place, I'd add Daniels from Calgary. Banks could be worth a look, too.

I'd also take a flyer on Demski and see what he's capable of doing both on offense and on ST.

Go Blue!

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 07:28:32 PM »

Good chart!  I think a great way to play it is if WFC pencilled in each player's "asking price" and looked for "value".  I bet the prices don't match the chart very well and there will be some great "steals" high up on that list if you can spot them before other teams do.

My wishes if cheap: Posey, Durant, Jorden, Hazelton.

I also would heavily weight "tall" receivers as we need another.  Even just one would be nice.  The shrimpken guys like Dress are all well and good but you need a couple of fast giants to go up and grab those TDs.  If we can grab one of those guys to substitute with Adams, life will be good.  Then the rest can be the speedy little ants that bite away at defenses.  Possible ant selections: Demski, Banks, Tasker.

I hope we don't sign Arcenaux.  I have a gut feeling he's well into his decline and will be a nobody & retired very soon.  That injury killed him, which is too bad.  And some FA stud receivers just never gel here... Nick Moore anyone?  All my picks above are guys I think could gel.
blue girl

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 08:53:16 PM »

Thank you for this. I for one appreciate the effort put into this. Unfortunately a lot of these players won't become free agents but if they were to become available in no particular order these are the players that I would be most interested in - Durant, Demski (hopefully he comes home), Posey, Spencer, Jordan, Daniels, Tasker and Arceneaux.

gbill2004

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 10:07:07 PM »

My thoughts exactly. Although, I could pass on Criner, who had some ball security this past season. And in his place, I'd add Daniels from Calgary. Banks could be worth a look, too.

I'd also take a flyer on Demski and see what he's capable of doing both on offense and on ST.
If Demski comes at a the right price, then I agree.  I just don't think he all that good.
Blue72

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 11:11:25 PM »

It doesn't matter what receivers we go after, If Nichols doesn't start using all his receivers and keeps going to Harris it will be a long year. As I don't think Harris will last the full year playing like he did last year and we don't have a very good Nat player to replace him on the roster and at RB.
What receiver would want to come to the Bombers and just run routes and have a poor receiving stat record and have a hard time getting a job or better rate in pay from another team the following year. All players want to see the ball and if that is not going to happen here we will have a hard time getting players except for rookies.
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 11:13:06 PM »

It doesn't matter what receivers we go after, If Nichols doesn't start using all his receivers and keeps going to Harris it will be a long year. As I don't think Harris will last the full year playing like he did last year and we don't have a very good Nat player to replace him on the roster and at RB.
What receiver would want to come to the Bombers and just run routes and have a poor receiving stat record and have a hard time getting a job or better rate in pay from another team the following year. All players want to see the ball and if that is not going to happen here we will have a hard time getting players except for rookies.
This post makes no sense. Nichols spread the ball around all season except for the last few games when he was hurt and Adams was injured.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 11:18:53 PM »

This post makes no sense. Nichols spread the ball around all season except for the last few games when he was hurt and Adams was injured.

No kidding. Clearly, someone didn't watch the Bombers much or at all this past season.

Go Blue!

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
dd

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 11:20:28 PM »

To me, arceneaux is in the same category as Dressler--WAS an outstanding receiver but is aging now and past his prime and into health issues. We have dress, I d pass on MA.

I would go definitely cephecked out Posey, he's a young , up and coming receiver, this is what we need

Also, wasn't there an article out of Hamilton saying banks is not returning to Hamilton is Austin is still around, so he ll be definitely on the move and WELL worth a look as he brings a couple of dimensions to his game.

Calgary has a bunch to resign, i d be trying to get either Jordan or Daniels if posey or banks doesn't work out
Jets
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 12:01:12 AM »

Zylstra?
gbill2004

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 12:03:06 AM »

Zylstra?
NFL
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: