Blue Bombers Forum
June 22, 2018, 10:09:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking a spin on the QB Carousel  (Read 7490 times)
the paw

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »

He isn't. He signed an extension through the 2018 season back in May last year. (https://www.bclions.com/2016/05/05/jennings-extension/)

Wally also allowed both Elimimian and Bighill to test the NFL in the middle of a contract.  It?s possible he has permission to work out, and the team has agreed not to exercise their option if he gets an NF L off.

grab grass 'n growl
gbill2004

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2017, 02:24:55 PM »

From Herb:

More and more people in the #CFL believe #Als? next head coach will be Tommy Condell. He was interviewed again yesterday and is ?deeply involved? in the process, I?m told

And if the #Als hire Tommy Condell, it?s virtually certain he?ll bring QB Zach Collaros to Montreal
Blue In BC

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2017, 02:29:33 PM »

From Herb:

More and more people in the #CFL believe #Als? next head coach will be Tommy Condell. He was interviewed again yesterday and is ?deeply involved? in the process, I?m told

And if the #Als hire Tommy Condell, it?s virtually certain he?ll bring QB Zach Collaros to Montreal

Collaros's contract is a huge stumbling block. Having to trade to get it is another issue. He may end up in Montreal but it might be after being released in Hamilton. OTOH if the TiCats can't or don't sign Masoli or get Manziel to wander north, things may change.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2017, 02:52:52 PM »

The interesting part with this, the more the off-season rolls on it's looking like that if Condell does get Collaros to MTL if he becomes head coach, the Rider's gotta be shatting their pants a bit.

Can't see Bridge getting an extended look down south, but there is a chance he does and if he were to eventually re-up with Sask he may not be thee till after labor day (highly unlikely scenario tho)

But they could be going into 2018 with Glenn/Adams/Williams trifecta which isn't a recipe for success (one old rapidly regressing guy who you know can't get you there, Adam's whom I think is still years away and not sure he can be an answer and a total unknown in Williams) and the only other options of slugs like Willy..Durant..and 3rd string cast-offs kicking around....gotta be concerned over there.

If Bridge does re-sign and is the starter he will get solved pretty quick and will turn into a turn-over machine. I'm not sold on if he can read a defense that well, and his wing it style of play is never a successful attribute for a QB.

If I was him tho, and that looked like his only true option for a legit starting spot I would hold out and make the Rider's pay big...because they are going to be desperate and sadly going to need him...which in itself is scary to think
theaardvark

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2017, 02:55:37 PM »

The interesting part with this, the more the off-season rolls on it's looking like that if Condell does get Collaros to MTL if he becomes head coach, the Rider's gotta be shatting their pants a bit.

Can't see Bridge getting an extended look down south, but there is a chance he does and if he were to eventually re-up with Sask he may not be thee till after labor day (highly unlikely scenario tho)

But they could be going into 2018 with Glenn/Adams/Williams trifecta which isn't a recipe for success (one old rapidly regressing guy who you know can't get you there, Adam's whom I think is still years away and not sure he can be an answer and a total unknown in Williams) and the only other options of slugs like Willy..Durant..and 3rd string cast-offs kicking around....gotta be concerned over there.

If Bridge does re-sign and is the starter he will get solved pretty quick and will turn into a turn-over machine. I'm not sold on if he can read a defense that well, and his wing it style of play is never a successful attribute for a QB.

If I was him tho, and that looked like his only true option for a legit starting spot I would hold out and make the Rider's pay big...because they are going to be desperate and sadly going to need him...which in itself is scary to think

Has Young rehabbed his injury?  Could he be in the mix? :0

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »

Maybe the Riders will sign Durant  Cheesy
bluebeard

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2017, 08:19:01 PM »

That bridge was burnt a long time ago.  I can see Jones Going with Bridge, Adams and Williams if they can not signed a veteran FA.  Williams had great credentials from NC and broke all of Durants records there.  Green......... but has the size, Arm strength and running ability to be decent if given an opportunity in the future.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2017, 09:17:25 PM »

That'd be some serious egg on Jones' face if it came to that.

Go Blue!

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2017, 07:53:46 PM »

Trevor Harris just signed a one year extension with Ottawa.

RT .@TSNDaveNaylor

Trevor Harris? new deal with the @REDBLACKS is for one year, in the mid 400k range, which puts him in the upper tier of QB salaries. #CFL #Redblacks
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:28:10 PM by gbill2004 » Logged
gbill2004

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2018, 04:15:07 PM »

Jonathon Jennings has agreed to a restructured contract with #BCLions. Still a 1 year deal, more incentive driven. Will give the club more cap flexibility to provide him with an improved O-line. @CFLonTSN @cfl
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2018, 05:48:33 PM »

Jonathon Jennings has agreed to a restructured contract with #BCLions. Still a 1 year deal, more incentive driven. Will give the club more cap flexibility to provide him with an improved O-line. @CFLonTSN @cfl

That's a good move by the Lions. Jennings is a good QB and I can't see him not being successful in the future.

Go Blue!

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
the paw

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2018, 06:24:40 PM »

I don't get this.  The are welching on paying their starter $300k.  How viable can their SMS situation be?

Every other team is paying their starter in the neighbourhood of $400k plus.  Fine, you lowball him this year based on "performance" and spend the difference on the o-line.  If it works and then he puts up numbers, you can't afford the o-linemen you just signed.  And if it doesn't work, you have to cut guys to go out and get another QB in free agency. 

They must be expecting the CBA re-work after 2018 to be significant. 

grab grass 'n growl
GCn17

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2018, 07:33:58 PM »

I don't get this.  The are welching on paying their starter $300k.  How viable can their SMS situation be?

Every other team is paying their starter in the neighbourhood of $400k plus.  Fine, you lowball him this year based on "performance" and spend the difference on the o-line.  If it works and then he puts up numbers, you can't afford the o-linemen you just signed.  And if it doesn't work, you have to cut guys to go out and get another QB in free agency. 

I don't know, they may simply want to leave some cap space open for a FA QB next year while giving him one more chance now.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
theaardvark

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2018, 07:35:25 PM »

Every other team is paying their starter in the neighborhood of $400k plus.  Fine, you lowball him this year based on "performance" and spend the difference on the o-line.  If it works and then he puts up numbers, you can't afford the o-linemen you just signed.  And if it doesn't work, you have to cut guys to go out and get another QB in free agency. 

I don't think of it as a welshing, but a normalization... he was under contract on an ELC when he earned the starting spot, and then he held Buono up at gunpoint for a new deal, which he really did not earn.  So now its Buono's turn, and he is getting an adjustment back to where his play will more match his performance.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
theaardvark

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2018, 10:17:10 PM »

David William Naylor‏Verified account @TSNDaveNaylor

The @MTLAlouettes have signed former NFL quarterback Josh Freeman to a 2-year contract. #CFL #Als

So, if anyone was wondering if the Als would release DD before Monday....

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: