Blue Bombers Forum
January 16, 2018, 12:20:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking a spin on the QB Carousel  (Read 3670 times)
limodriver

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 09:08:12 PM »

If Durant agrees to a Number 2 role and salary, then he would be good here
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 09:16:05 PM »

For the right price, I've got no issue with Durant being #2 here.  I thought what the Bombers were doing platooning Lefevour in for short yardage and then having him play the next down in hurry up was actually something I'd like to see on the regular.  Now imagine that scenario with Durant's arm.  QB sneak against the big boys for the first down, don't let the short yardage team off the field, and run a 30 yard passing play (provided we have the receivers to run those routes).

If Durant were to start completeting 30 yard passss people would be calling for him to start.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:08:04 PM by NorthernSkunk » Logged
Pigskin

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 09:21:18 PM »

He's had his day. He looked terrible most of this year. Keep spinning the carousel.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 09:49:38 PM »

As a backup QB with experienced backup QB money, he makes sense. There should be no delusions that he'd be coming to even compete to start.

If he wants that, then he should sign elsewhere, but where would that be? There's no West team where that would be happening. Montreal is moving on. Toronto? Not if RR is back. Ottawa? Hamilton?

I just don't see a landing spot for him in a starter's role. If he wants to play, it will be in a backup role.

NEXT YEAR XXVI...XXVII
gbill2004

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 09:51:42 PM »

Durant seems like he'd be a problem in the locker room.  Doesn't come across as a team player. 
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 10:10:33 PM »

Durant seems like he'd be a problem in the locker room.  Doesn't come across as a team player. 

Must be a good problem since he has a ring.
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2017, 12:58:56 AM »

If Durant were to start completeting 30 yard passss people would be calling for him to start.

Uh, no. Just you. Same as always with your "Nichols is mediocre" narrative.

Durant's best days are behind him. He can't stay healthy, either.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 12:59:59 AM »

I don't agree, I think Durant still thinks of himself as a starter who just had a bad year.  If the Als release him, I think he is at a minimum going to want to go to a situation where he can compete to start.  I don't he settles for straight back-up money, I think his ego is still substantial.  

I think the odds are that the Als bring him back, but also sign another potential starter and let them duke it out.  The only other two options I see for him is (a) Hamilton if they fail to sign Masoli or Manziel, or (b) BC, where he could fill in for Lulay while he heals and be insurance in case Jennings makes an NFL run.  (I thought I read that Jennings was interested in working out for the NFL this off season, but this article doesn't seem to reflect that).

Durant will have to take a lower base salary next year.  There is no doubt about that.  i woudn't be surprised if it is 200 - 250,000.  He will make extra for games played.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:01:35 AM by blueandgoldguy » Logged
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 01:18:59 AM »

Uh, no. Just you. Same as always with your "Nichols is mediocre" narrative.

Durant's best days are behind him. He can't stay healthy, either.

I would agree about Durant.....but ya never know eh....jus pretend he is the back up next year....Matts leg gives out a bit early in the season.....Durant comes in and gets a couple starts and lights it up with some long TD passes to several different receivers.....in the red zone even......ya never know .....it might make an interesting season for us
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2017, 01:56:57 AM »

I would agree about Durant.....but ya never know eh....jus pretend he is the back up next year....Matts leg gives out a bit early in the season.....Durant comes in and gets a couple starts and lights it up with some long TD passes to several different receivers.....in the red zone even......ya never know .....it might make an interesting season for us

It's been over 4 years since that happened. I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening, much less except the team to gamble on such a risky move.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 05:22:36 AM »

It's been over 4 years since that happened. I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening, much less except the team to gamble on such a risky move.

I am sure the team ain't gambling on it......An I think you got a word wrong in yer response....but again what if it happens eh....
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 06:15:31 AM »

I am sure the team ain't gambling on it......An I think you got a word wrong in yer response....but again what if it happens eh....

Cut Matt Nichols. It?s clear that Dominique Davis or anyone else is the answer.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 03:06:54 PM »

Cut Matt Nichols. It?s clear that Dominique Davis or anyone else is the answer.

27 years and no answer at all......so who really knows eh
buckzumhoff

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 03:30:53 PM »

I wouldn't sign Durant. Who ever signs him will pay starters pay for a backup . And he wont except backup roll , . . Another one is Glenn. Kind of similar in ways. But they should sign someone who has got experience .  I thought the last few quarterbacks they cut were pretty good in pre season. After Franklin and Collaros, the selection isn't that great.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:54:33 PM by buckzumhoff » Logged
dd

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2017, 06:44:41 PM »

I expect Durant is going to want to start, or atleast see significant playing time.  He is not going to get that in Winnipeg.  I see they have us keeping Davis over Lefevour?  No way....  I would keep Lefevour simply for his short yardage play. 
I expect that Durante will realize that when the gong show in Montreal doesn't want to go with him as their starter, this will be his wake up call that the only way he continues his career is as a backup , and he'd be a very good one at that. Right now, I see us or Ottawa as his only option, so I m thinking him coming here may actually play out
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: