Blue Bombers Forum
January 17, 2018, 12:00:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gregg Zaun fired from Sportsnet  (Read 278 times)
Chris1982

« on: December 01, 2017, 09:36:53 AM »

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/mlb/gregg-zaun-rogers-sportsnet-fired-1.4427565

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
Jesse

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 02:49:13 AM »

This did not surprise me at all.
gbill2004

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 02:58:31 PM »

Sounds about right. No surprises here.

I wonder if it was Hazel who initiated the complaints.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 03:46:17 PM »

Doosh
Good riddance!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
In Motion

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 05:20:09 AM »

From what I heard, there were a number of complaints over the years, and Sportsnet
just couldn't ignore them anymore. He wasn't just rude and crude. It was more a matter
of disrespecting fellow employees, creating a tense atmosphere.
gbill2004

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 09:07:44 AM »

From what I heard, there were a number of complaints over the years, and Sportsnet
just couldn't ignore them anymore. He wasn't just rude and crude. It was more a matter
of disrespecting fellow employees, creating a tense atmosphere.
Sounds like he?d be an entertaining guy to work with!
Chris1982

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 09:30:32 AM »

Blue Jays analyst Gregg Zaun was fired after multiple women at Sportsnet complained about his inappropriate behaviour and comments in the workplace, network parent company Rogers Communications Inc., announced.  "Zauns on-air brand and image was based around aggressive masculinity so when he wore (undershirts) around the office and made rude sexual comments directly to women, or in close proximity of women", said one female Sportsnet employee to the Canadian Press. "(He did it) with the clear intention of making us uncomfortable, it was sort of implied thats who he was, deal with it."  In one post in 2012, he called women in a Toronto bar tubby, unfortunately man-ish, and super stuck up, but later apologized, claiming that the women he was referring to were mistreating several female friends of his. "(Zauns firing) happened because finally somebody felt comfortable enough to speak up," said another female Sportsnet employee, who never worked directly with Zaun. "But its unfortunate that for so long, if you think of how long hes been with the network, theres a control room of so many people and theres not one person who feels comfortable to flag that this isnt right".

-thestar.com

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
gbill2004

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 09:31:42 AM »

lol @ wearing undershirts in the office!  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: