Blue Bombers Forum
December 15, 2018, 04:24:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 5 free agents the Bombers need to re-sign  (Read 12623 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2018, 02:38:22 PM »

Except you forgot the fact the Bombers don't currently have a worthwhile option at MLB or WR.

Someone had suggested that we can use the money that would be saved by letting one or more of Leggett/Randle/Heath go to improve our team more in FA on another position on the team.  That the team would be better with the same total expenditure of money by improving on other positions.  I was just wonder what positions you could upgrade that would make you forget about the contributions Leggett/Randle/Heath made.

Randle and Leggett are must signs, 2 or 3 year deals.  I love Heath's ball hawking, but you know he's going to get big offers elsewhere due to his age/performance. 

Are there stats on DB targets?  I'd love to see a breakdown by position on the targets our DBs had.  Did Heath and Randle scare off QBs from throwing their way?  Did they get targeted more after Leggett was out?  Were Walker and Alexander overtargetted?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2018, 02:47:03 PM »

Heath and Randle had virtually the same stats for DT's and int's. I'm still of the view that a top HB is more a critical player but a shutdown CB is no slouch either.

Would also think the inside HB's get more targets lining up against the slots. Not sure if there are published stats about that.

No more excuses.
bunker

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2018, 06:03:32 PM »

Someone had suggested that we can use the money that would be saved by letting one or more of Leggett/Randle/Heath go to improve our team more in FA on another position on the team.  That the team would be better with the same total expenditure of money by improving on other positions.  I was just wonder what positions you could upgrade that would make you forget about the contributions Leggett/Randle/Heath made.

Randle and Leggett are must signs, 2 or 3 year deals.  I love Heath's ball hawking, but you know he's going to get big offers elsewhere due to his age/performance. 

Are there stats on DB targets?  I'd love to see a breakdown by position on the targets our DBs had.  Did Heath and Randle scare off QBs from throwing their way?  Did they get targeted more after Leggett was out?  Were Walker and Alexander overtargetted?

I think its a bit of a domino effect. If you make the decision to move on from Hurl, and you don't think Jake/Faith are ideal at DT, then you really have to go after Westerman (or Laurent or Laing) to make the ratio work, allowing you to play an import MLB. So having money to sign Westerman and if possible an experienced MLB becomes priority one on the defense, to the point where making sure all of Heath, Randle and Leggett come back has to take a back seat. They were all great last year, and it would be great to have them all back, but to just sign them all now at higher contracts, and not have enough left to sign a ratio changer on the D-line, and a very good free agent MLB, means we are just reproducing what we did last year. And that was clearly not working well enough.

No question QBs threw away from Heath and Randle's side of the field. They got burned occasionally, but not like on the strong side.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: