Blue Bombers Forum
December 17, 2018, 07:56:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 5 free agents the Bombers need to re-sign  (Read 12656 times)
blue girl

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 11:16:27 PM »

Maybe we should sign Leggett as a consultant until he?s healthy, just like the Ticats did with Fantuz.
I'd do it.
BlueBomber87

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 12:25:06 AM »

Leggett, Bryant, Heath, Randle, Westerman in no specific order
booch

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 03:43:50 AM »

I think leggett will be ready for camp.
Talk was that Sherret was a possibility if Esk's got to grey cup and he had his surgery at beginning of year..did he not suffer same injury?
GCn18

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 01:09:10 PM »

I think leggett will be ready for camp.
Talk was that Sherret was a possibility if Esk's got to grey cup and he had his surgery at beginning of year..did he not suffer same injury?

Yes, but Achilles are highly variable on the degree of injury.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
booch

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 01:53:47 PM »

yes and no...if it's a rupture, or a tear are basically the only variable with one having the ability to come back from earlier than the other..it is what it is...no different player to player recovery wise other than a week here or there or some unforseen set-back..not sure if Sherret was a tear or rupture....I believe Moe's was a tear??..
Jesse

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 01:57:27 PM »

yes and no...if it's a rupture, or a tear are basically the only variable with one having the ability to come back from earlier than the other..it is what it is...no different player to player recovery wise other than a week here or there or some unforseen set-back..not sure if Sherret was a tear or rupture....I believe Moe's was a tear??..

No offence, but if we're unsure on these details, we can't compare the injuries.

I think we can agree it will be a long recovery, and we wont know he's ready until we already want him to be playing. His age, of course, doesn't make the process any easier - though we know it's a barrier that can be overcome.

It just makes things more difficult on Walters - who I hope will be identifying guys who would start at SAM, should Leggett be unable to go/unwilling to sign.

My wife is amazing!
booch

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2017, 02:09:11 PM »

No offence taken..but from what I know and experience a return from a tear can happen now sometimes in 7-8 months..so he can play next year and I would say fairly early in the season too. 

Pretty sure he is wanting to sign here...and we wanting to sign him and I agree we best scout/recruit/sign an adequate SAM replacement so if need be we can ease him back into the defense and when he is back...we have nice depth.

I would be bringing Tony Burnett back...he would be more than adequate there and better than anything we had there other than Moe last year as well is dynamite on special teams.
gbill2004

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 02:10:50 PM »

No offence taken..but from what I know and experience a return from a tear can happen now sometimes in 7-8 months..so he can play next year and I would say fairly early in the season too. 

Pretty sure he is wanting to sign here...and we wanting to sign him and I agree we best scout/recruit/sign an adequate SAM replacement so if need be we can ease him back into the defense and when he is back...we have nice depth.

I would be bringing Tony Burnett back...he would be more than adequate there and better than anything we had there other than Moe last year as well is dynamite on special teams.
Didn't Burnett play WLB?  I thought he was Wild's backup...
Blue In BC

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 02:13:30 PM »

IIRC Burnett only played at WIL in 2016 for the Bombers. Ditto for the Lions in 2017 before being released. Not sure he'd be of any interest.

We need to step forward, not step back.

No more excuses.
SSC

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 07:24:59 PM »

I wonder how Abubakarr Conteh would look at LB. He has the build at 6 ft. 200lbs. he's a DB and Canadian. I haven't a clue about his skill set because he hasn't played much and that's a heck of a position to play. 
Blue72

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2017, 07:41:53 PM »

There are a couple of FA linebackers that wouldn't be bad if they don't sign with there team, but also getting up in age but until someone better comes along:

Larry Dean       6'    226     29
Taylor Reed      6'    241     26
Bear Woods      6'    245     30
Larry Dean       6'    226     29
Adam Konar     6'2  225     24
JC Sherritt       5'9  218     29

I know Konar is not a MLB but a good LB.
kkc60

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2017, 09:57:46 PM »

I wonder how Abubakarr Conteh would look at LB. He has the build at 6 ft. 200lbs. he's a DB and Canadian. I haven't a clue about his skill set because he hasn't played much and that's a heck of a position to play. 

Maybe as a SAM
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2017, 10:57:55 PM »

It's unlikely a 31 year old Leggett will bounce back from his achilles injury to be the dominant player he was.  He might not even be an average linebacker next season.  He is not a must sign player at this point.  Bombers need to be looking at other options for training camp.
gbill2004

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2017, 11:10:57 PM »

It's unlikely a 31 year old Leggett will bounce back from his achilles injury to be the dominant player he was.  He might not even be an average linebacker next season.  He is not a must sign player at this point.  Bombers need to be looking at other options for training camp.
Not a very optimistic outlook for Leggett: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/31/typical-time-of-return-from-ruptured-achilles-is-11-months/.
Pigskin

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 11:18:02 PM »

The Medlock signing is another step in the right direction.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: