Las Vegas Golden Knights - Contenders or Pretenders?

Started by ModAdmin, November 20, 2017, 04:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are they

contenders for the Stanley Cup
9 (32.1%)
contenders for the playoffs
8 (28.6%)
pretenders - no playoffs
5 (17.9%)
just plain lucky right now
6 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on February 01, 2018, 06:58:05 PM
No doubt this Vegas team is the story of the year in the NHL...expansion team legit fighting to be first place in the NHL with only about 30 games left is unbelievable.
Bettman said that Seattle will get the same expansion draft rules when they join the league.  Will be interesting to see how the perform, compare do Vegas.

Chris1982

The best expansion team in NHL in the modern era has been the 1993 Florida Panthers who finished 33-34-17 (0.494).  The worst expansion team in NHL in the modern era has been the 1974 Washington Capitals who finished 8-67-5 (0.131).

The fact that there has never been an expansion team finish above 0.500, makes Vegas even more unbelievable. 

The Zipp

Wow. Sweep the first round of the playoffs... just incredible for an expansion team...

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on April 18, 2018, 05:17:27 AM
Wow. Sweep the first round of the playoffs... just incredible for an expansion team...

It's fun to go back and read the thread from the beginning. I wonder if they will make it out of Pacific, though?

Who am I kidding, it's the same question over and over and Vegas keeps answering.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on April 18, 2018, 05:17:27 AM

Without question. While I expected the Knights to win this series (the Kings are pretty lousy), I didn't expect a sweep.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

It is officially ridiculous what this team is doing!

Battle of the sweepers in the pacific VS Sharkies
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Unbelievable....VGK moving on in the playoffs.  They have a legit shot at winning it all.  They will be a tough opponent. 

Stretch

Quote from: The Zipp on May 07, 2018, 02:16:03 AM
They will be a tough opponent. 

For sure. They have ZERO pressure on them since they've already done way better than anyone thought they would.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

blue_gold_84

This team continues to amaze as they rewrite the NHL history books.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

PloenFan

Should be an interesting Western Final, but hopefully we can beat them !

dd

blue_or_die

lol so at the beginning of this thread, we obviously all expected them to finish last. Now, we are playing them in the WCF. Wow, haha.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on May 11, 2018, 05:07:06 AM
jets win this series in 5 games

Bold. I like it. Tall order and they'll need to be at their absolute best to dispatch the Knights in 5.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

bomb squad

This Vegas team is just confounding. I'll say the Jet's in 6 because I just think they're better. But they better be ready for a huge battle once again, because that's what they will get.

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 11, 2018, 01:23:25 PM
Bold. I like it. Tall order and they'll need to be at their absolute best to dispatch the Knights in 5.
I look at tonights game and think jets in 4!!

We didn?t play that great and yet I never felt threatened like in the Nashville series.

It?s only 1 game, but the jets can and will play much better,  Vegas is in over their heads on this one.