Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2019, 01:07:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 148148 times)
Pigskin

« Reply #1125 on: November 20, 2018, 12:38:29 AM »

I hope Walter doesn't get writers cramp signing all of these players. Think any of these players have agreements in place already?
gobombersgo

« Reply #1126 on: November 20, 2018, 12:42:57 AM »

I hope Walter doesn't get writers cramp signing all of these players. Think any of these players have agreements in place already?
Only one I'm aware of is Hardrick. The team has confirmed he has a deal in place for next year.

Old Rusty

Illegitimi non carborundum

« Reply #1127 on: November 20, 2018, 12:44:59 AM »

I hope Walter doesn't get writers cramp signing all of these players. Think.....

Actually, I hope he does!   Wink Smiley
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:46:43 AM by Old Rusty » Logged

As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.
gobombersgo

« Reply #1128 on: November 20, 2018, 10:21:18 PM »

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
According to @EdTaitWFC and the Blue #Bombers' website, GM Kyle Walters has agreed to contracts in principle with offensive tackles Stanley Bryant and Jermarcus Hardrick, who were both set to hit free agency this winter.

2018 SEASON RECAP & A LOOK AT PENDING FREE AGENTS

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/11/20/2018-season-recap-look-pending-free-agents/

* Ed Tait indicates Bryan Bennett is under contract for 2019

GOING FREE?
Players who can become free agents on Feb. 12, 2019

LB Adam Bighill
LB Jovan Santos-Knox
*LB Thomas Miles
LB Ian Wild
LB Kyrie Wilson
*LB Jesse Briggs
*LB Shayne Gauthier
*LB Frederic Plesius
*LB Frank Renaud
DE Jackson Jeffcoat
DE Tristan Okpalaugo
DT Drake Nevis
*DT Jake Thomas
*DE Trent Corney
DE Gerald Rivers
DE Patrick Choudja
*S Taylor Loffler
*S Jeff Hecht
DB Kevin Fogg
DB Brandon Alexander
*DB Brendan Morgan
DB Moe Leggett
DB Tyneil Cooper
*DB Jacob Firlotte
WR Weston Dressler
*WR Nic Demski
WR Kenny Lawler
WR Ryan Lankford
*RB Kienan LaFrance
*RB Johnny Augustine
RB Timothy Flanders
*FB Mike Miller
*FB John Rush
*OL Matthias Goossen
*OL Sukh Chungh
OL Stanley Bryant
OL Jermarcus Hardrick
*OL Michael Couture
*OL Qadr Spooner
QB Bryan Bennett
K Justin Medlock
*LS Chad Rempel

* Denotes national player

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombers-face-off-season-of-uncertainly-with-dozens-of-free-agents-waiting-for-cba-resolution-before-signing
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 11:13:57 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

Tehedra

« Reply #1129 on: November 20, 2018, 10:41:16 PM »

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
According to @EdTaitWFC and the Blue #Bombers' website, GM Kyle Walters has agreed to contracts in principle with offensive tackles Stanley Bryant and Jermarcus Hardrick, who were both set to hit free agency this winter.

In principle means they haven't signed them yet.  I'm optimistic but I do remember we got burnt last year with a post about there being an agreement in principle but then the player never did sign with our team.
Nic16

« Reply #1130 on: November 20, 2018, 11:05:02 PM »

Let?s hope the news comes soon that contracts are signed. The OL needs to stay together!

And with Gray signed I would then wonder if the BB have the $$ to keep Chungh from departing. Maybe trading Neufeld could be an option to consider if $$ is needed for Chungh.

Keeping the OL strong & signing Biggie is key to keeping us competitive and attracting other FA?s to sign here. The foundation of a contender would be in place.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #1131 on: November 21, 2018, 12:37:16 AM »

In principle means they haven't signed them yet.  I'm optimistic but I do remember we got burnt last year with a post about there being an agreement in principle but then the player never did sign with our team.

What player was that?

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
kkc60

« Reply #1132 on: November 21, 2018, 03:18:26 AM »

What player was that?
I remember this happening but I honestly can't recall who it was.
gobombersgo

« Reply #1133 on: November 21, 2018, 12:49:54 PM »

Transactions Nov 19:

WPG REM UNS  NAT Johnny AUGUSTINE (RB)    Guelph
WPG REM UNS  INT Patrick CHOUDJA (DL)    Nevada
WPG REM UNS  INT Tyneil COOPER (DB)    Dixie State
WPG REM UNS  NAT Jacob FIRLOTTE (DB)    Queen's
WPG REM UNS  INT Timothy FLANDERS (RB)    Sam Houston State
WPG REM UNS  INT Kenny LAWLER (WR)    California
WPG REM UNS  INT Gerald RIVERS (DE)    Mississippi
WPG REM UNS  NAT Qadr SPOONER  (OL)    McGill
(practice roster players are now free agents)

Transactions Nov 20:

WPG ADD  INT Patrick CHOUDJA (DL)    Nevada
WPG ADD  INT Kenny LAWLER (WR)    California

BOMBERS RELEASE MAURICE LEGGETT

WINNIPEG, MB., November 21, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the release of defensive back Maurice Leggett.

Statement from General Manager Kyle Walters:

"I would like to thank Moe for everything he has done for our football team, both on and off the field. Over the course of his stay here, Moe made Winnipeg his home and endeared himself to the community. With the decision of moving on as an organization made, we felt releasing Moe now would give him more opportunity to explore other options. We thank Moe for the energy and enthusiasm he brought to the locker room, and we wish him nothing but success going forward."

Statement from Maurice Leggett:

"I would like to thank the city and the organization for five tremendous years. My family and I appreciate everyone that helped us make this an experience to remember. Winnipeg will still be a part of us. Thank you."

Leggett joined the club in 2014 and played 72 games in blue and gold over five years. He was twice named the team's top defender (2014 & 2016) and was just the second Blue Bomber to ever record three TD returns in a single season (2016) and just the second CFL player to accomplish this in 11 years.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/11/21/bombers-release-maurice-leggett/
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 10:34:36 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

Jesse

« Reply #1134 on: November 21, 2018, 01:41:20 PM »

So, was Spooner just a bust?

We all had really high expectations - but according to Ed Tait - the team remains high on Couture while Spooner is now up for grabs.

My wife is amazing!
Nic16

« Reply #1135 on: November 21, 2018, 07:32:07 PM »

We all had really high expectations - but according to Ed Tait - the team remains high on Couture while Spooner is now up for grabs.

If I remember correctly the BB really liked Couture dating back to the combine, and were very happy to get him in the draft. I think Wylie?s input was involved in that selection too. And ?maybe? they feel Couture?s versatility is more valuable. And who knows...maybe the contract discussions with Couture are close to being finalized.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #1136 on: November 21, 2018, 07:55:12 PM »

If I remember correctly the BB really liked Couture dating back to the combine, and were very happy to get him in the draft. I think Wylie?s input was involved in that selection too. And ?maybe? they feel Couture?s versatility is more valuable. And who knows...maybe the contract discussions with Couture are close to being finalized.

Eventually the time will come to push Neufeld out the door to make room for those congregating behind him, especially with the arrival of Gray.  Neufeld likely just put in the best year of his career so he should be worth decent assets from other teams, Bombers need more Natl. starters on the D-side of the ball.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #1137 on: November 21, 2018, 10:02:11 PM »

We got Gray and have 3 more OL on the pipeline : Qoullete-De Carlo, Gendron-Demouchel and Koczwara
Walter will probably add a couple more OL comes next draft
Jesse

« Reply #1138 on: November 21, 2018, 11:26:39 PM »

We got Gray and have 3 more OL on the pipeline : Qoullete-De Carlo, Gendron-Demouchel and Koczwara
Walter will probably add a couple more OL comes next draft

So..... yes, he busted.

My wife is amazing!
Curling4Me

« Reply #1139 on: November 22, 2018, 06:24:30 PM »

So..... yes, he busted.
His ped suspension didn?t help the fact either

"Nobody sitting now in Winnipeg. Mcmanus for Amerson PICKED OFF ITS OVER NOW JURAN BOLDEN TOUCHDOWN WINNIPEG."
Chris Cuthbert
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77
  Print  

Jump to: