Blue Bombers Forum
October 19, 2019, 08:30:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 77
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 148105 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #1050 on: October 17, 2018, 11:03:55 PM »

thing is...every team will have a list just as long...if not longer..and I would bet by free agency...most guys we want to keep will have been resigned...and the list won't be as significant...and whereas a different team covets one of our guys...there will be guys on other teams we covet and fit in with us better SMS wise...I have no worries until I start hearing that key guys state they want to test the market

Hopefully Walters can begin to follow Huff's lead and not rely on F.A. heavily to bolster the roster, sometimes bargains can be had but often enough they end up paying top dollar for both improvements and busts.
theaardvark

« Reply #1051 on: October 18, 2018, 12:44:45 AM »

Hopefully Walters can begin to follow Huff's lead and not rely on F.A. heavily to bolster the roster, sometimes bargains can be had but often enough they end up paying top dollar for both improvements and busts.

Like the Jets, this team is now pretty solid, and as long as we re-sign most of our own FA's (a lot easier job than bringing FA's in), we should be just fine.  The pipe is full of young talent on affordable contracts, and will continue as well.  The absolute last thing I'm worried about is competing in teh FA market, except for picking up pieces (like Bighill, Fenner, Roh and Gaitor) who came here because of the team and culture, not FA's like Westerman that were pure mercenary...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #1052 on: October 18, 2018, 12:58:46 AM »

Like the Jets, this team is now pretty solid, and as long as we re-sign most of our own FA's (a lot easier job than bringing FA's in), we should be just fine.  The pipe is full of young talent on affordable contracts, and will continue as well.  The absolute last thing I'm worried about is competing in teh FA market, except for picking up pieces (like Bighill, Fenner, Roh and Gaitor) who came here because of the team and culture, not FA's like Westerman that were pure mercenary...

Of course aards takes a shot at an ex player. Classic. Westerman had tons of offers but chose here because of MOS and the team. Other teams were right up there in bidding. Try again
theaardvark

« Reply #1053 on: October 18, 2018, 01:02:23 AM »

Of course aards takes a shot at an ex player. Classic. Westerman had tons of offers but chose here because of MOS and the team. Other teams were right up there in bidding. Try again

Westerman chose Montreal because of MOS and the team? 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo

« Reply #1054 on: October 18, 2018, 06:10:52 AM »

Darrin Bauming says Wolitarsky signed a 3 year deal back in 2017 so he'd be under contract for 2019.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:14:39 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

GCn19

« Reply #1055 on: October 18, 2018, 11:15:15 AM »

Darrin Bauming says Wolitarsky signed a 3 year deal back in 2017 so he'd be under contract for 2019.

Bauming also said Chungh was signed through 2019.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #1056 on: October 18, 2018, 11:16:48 AM »

If you think that money wasn't a big factor in signing Bighill, Fenner, Roh etc than you are mistaken. I agree that our culture helped tip us over the edge past other suitors but make no mistake none of them came at a discount.

GCn19

« Reply #1057 on: October 18, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »

Playing silly bugger doesn't make your argument more compelling.

GCn19

« Reply #1058 on: October 18, 2018, 11:20:13 AM »

I could see the bombers letting Lafrance, Wild, Leggett, and Couture go. Medlock and Dressler retire.

By now most of these players will have received and offer, some many have a verbal agreement just like Hardrick, a few might have already told the bombers there not interested in returning.

Guy's like Briggs, Miles, Miller, Gauthier, Thomas, Corney and Remple just need a small bump and they will be here for a couple more years.

Nevis, Ok, Bighill Santos-Knox, Hardrick, Goossen, Chungh, Bryant, Demski, Wol82, Alexander, need to be signed.

The only ones we may have a hard time with are Biggie, Santos Knox, Bryant, and Chungh imo. I think each of these guys will give us first crack though. It's just that each are in line for a ton of dough and will be in huge demand so we can't low ball them.

kkc60

« Reply #1059 on: October 18, 2018, 02:43:16 PM »

I'm talking about when he first came here. He left to play with his brother. I struggle to see what's wrong with that. But then again, you have no issue unreasonably criticizing ex-players whom you know nothing about. Real shows how classy you are
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #1060 on: October 18, 2018, 02:47:43 PM »

Regardless, it worked out for the best. Westerman is a 33-year-old speed rush end and those guys decline pretty quickly. He's only got 3 sacks this year and 10 in his last 24 games. His best days are behind him and Walters was right not to sign him at any price.
GCn19

« Reply #1061 on: October 18, 2018, 02:49:23 PM »

Regardless, it worked out for the best. Westerman is a 33-year-old speed rush end and those guys decline pretty quickly. He's only got 3 sacks this year and 10 in his last 24 games. His best days are behind him and Walters was right not to sign him at any price.

Westerman got hurt and is out for the season.

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #1062 on: October 18, 2018, 03:01:07 PM »

Westerman got hurt and is out for the season.

He got hurt in week 15. He played in 13 games this year. Hamilton and Montreal have played 15. Two games doesn't change much but I guess it deserves to be pointed out.
GCn19

« Reply #1063 on: October 18, 2018, 03:06:52 PM »

He got hurt in week 15. He played in 13 games this year. Hamilton and Montreal have played 15. Two games doesn't change much but I guess it deserves to be pointed out.

It does because those now become season totals for him.

Blue In BC

« Reply #1064 on: October 18, 2018, 04:25:39 PM »

I'd disagree about the not at any price comment. Certainly not for an outrageous salary but as a National he'd still be an asset for a reasonable price as a back up.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 77
  Print  

Jump to: