Blue Bombers Forum
December 06, 2020, 12:51:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 205925 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #1020 on: October 05, 2018, 12:33:38 PM »

Looking at Ottawa's defensive depth chart I think we should run right up the middle. Tongue
Blue In BC

« Reply #1021 on: October 05, 2018, 03:38:44 PM »

Jeffcoat will have missed his 5th game this week. Does that make him eligible to begin practice after this game?

I don't remember hearing what his injury was or when or if he was expected back.

It will be interesting to see if he does start practicing this week. Perhaps he will be available to return to the roster for the last part of the season?

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #1022 on: October 05, 2018, 04:07:34 PM »

Yeah he can start practicing...I think it was something upper body with him...thought don't quote me on that...at least we had Roh as the 3rd back-up who hasn't hurt us in the least
Blue In BC

« Reply #1023 on: October 05, 2018, 04:35:38 PM »

Yeah he can start practicing...I think it was something upper body with him...thought don't quote me on that...at least we had Roh as the 3rd back-up who hasn't hurt us in the least

Roh has played quite well but Jeffcoat returning would replace Rivers. Rivers probably isn't getting as many reps in rotation as we might see with the 3 DE's that we consider starters. Roh is leading the team with 7 sacks which is tied for his career norms but in a couple of games less.

Rivers may have some upside. Haven't seen enough yet to know but Jeffcoat is a very good DE. He had 5 sacks before being injured.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 04:45:20 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #1024 on: October 05, 2018, 04:41:58 PM »

I'm convinced there is no strategic value to this shuffling of players on and off the P.R. on a weekly basis other than to spread around the game-day cheques to bolster their meager P.R. salaries.  If that is the case, these decisions are probably being made by Walters, not O'Shea.

They dressed Augustine because Harris was coming off an injury, and they wanted LaFrance and Augustine available just in case.  Now that Harris is game tested, they don't need Augustine.   Although Wilson probably ends up as a healthy scratch, they may want him available just in case Bighill's arm continues to give him trouble.   The strategic value doesn't seem high, but it's like insurance, you don't see value until it pays off....

grab grass 'n growl
GCn19

« Reply #1025 on: October 05, 2018, 05:40:27 PM »

They dressed Augustine because Harris was coming off an injury, and they wanted LaFrance and Augustine available just in case.  Now that Harris is game tested, they don't need Augustine.   Although Wilson probably ends up as a healthy scratch, they may want him available just in case Bighill's arm continues to give him trouble.   The strategic value doesn't seem high, but it's like insurance, you don't see value until it pays off....

I think Augustine's scratch is more because of Demski's return than because of a lack of need for insurance for Harris.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
gobombersgo

« Reply #1026 on: October 05, 2018, 09:33:02 PM »

WPG Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers
Today's @RedRiverMutual starting lineup.
Inactives: #6 Washington, #19 Wilson

Transactions Oct 4:
WPG ADD  INT Kyrie WILSON (LB)    Fresno State  - from practice roster
WPG DEL  NAT Johnny AUGUSTINE (RB)    Guelph   - added to practice roster

« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 12:26:01 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1027 on: October 05, 2018, 09:58:53 PM »

Thompson?s last stand! Uh If crap but rather Paterman full time and bonus national spot.

If he was out put in Flanders for gods sake next game.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Blue In BC

« Reply #1028 on: October 05, 2018, 10:09:13 PM »

Thompson?s last stand! Uh If crap but rather Paterman full time and bonus national spot.

If he was out put in Flanders for gods sake next game.

It can't be that hard to get closer to the names of players on our roster. However, Petermann may be developing as a starter for 2019. Neither opposed or in favor specifically. He's got good upside already and if he wins a starting spot all the better.

As some have suggested he may be a Demski replacement next year. I wouldn't count or expect to be starting 3 Canadian receivers though. That's just my opinion of course.

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1029 on: October 05, 2018, 10:13:02 PM »

It can't be that hard to get closer to the names of players on our roster. However, Petermann may be developing as a starter for 2019. Neither opposed or in favor specifically. He's got good upside already and if he wins a starting spot all the better.

As some have suggested he may be a Demski replacement next year. I wouldn't count or expect to be starting 3 Canadian receivers though. That's just my opinion of course.
yes bit Demski is unrealiable health wise so he won?t be in anyways plus when he is dinged  becomes invisible.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Blue In BC

« Reply #1030 on: October 05, 2018, 10:22:00 PM »

yes bit Demski is unrealiable health wise so he won?t be in anyways plus when he is dinged  becomes invisible.

I'd dispute Demski is injury prone. He missed 4 games in his 1st two seasons. 9 in season 3 and hasn't been any more injured or nicked this season than much of our roster.

He's missed less than Dressler, Hardrick, Foketi, Leggett, Gaitor. It's a contact sport and he gets a lot of touches.

You might note that Harris probably plays most of the season nicked, takes vet days at practice and has been invisible in some games. Not complaining just saying it's a bit of a narrow view about Demski.

Adams has been nearly invisible in some games too. It happens against different defenses and how teams game plan.

No more excuses.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #1031 on: October 06, 2018, 03:28:04 AM »

I'd dispute Demski is injury prone. He missed 4 games in his 1st two seasons. 9 in season 3 and hasn't been any more injured or nicked this season than much of our roster.

He's missed less than Dressler, Hardrick, Foketi, Leggett, Gaitor. It's a contact sport and he gets a lot of touches.

You might note that Harris probably plays most of the season nicked, takes vet days at practice and has been invisible in some games. Not complaining just saying it's a bit of a narrow view about Demski.

Adams has been nearly invisible in some games too. It happens against different defenses and how teams game plan.

Adams been great all year, will get 1000 yards and 10tds

Demski is money

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
gobombersgo

« Reply #1032 on: October 10, 2018, 11:15:10 PM »

BOMBERS ADD TO PRACTICE ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., October 9, 2018 -   The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has signed international defensive ends Marcell Frazier and Patrick Choudja.

Frazier (6'4, 259, Missouri, January 8, 1994 in Portland, OR) played three seasons with the Missouri Tigers, totalling 87 tackles, 16.5 sacks and three forced fumbles in 36 games. Frazier signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent in 2018 before joining the Cleveland Browns for training camp.

Choudja (6'3, 263, Nevada, April 11, 1996 in Oakley, CA) played four seasons with the Nevada Wolfpack, totalling 93 tackles, four and a half sacks and four forced fumbles in 50 games. Choudja signed with the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent in 2018.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/10/09/bombers-add-practice-roster-3/

Transactions Oct 9:

WPG EXT ON INJURED NAT Derek JONES (DB)    Simon Fraser - to Nov-26^^ -extended on 6 game injured list
WPG ADD  INT Patrick CHOUDJA (DL)    Nevada - added to practice roster
WPG ADD  INT Marcell FRAZIER (DL)    Missouri  - added to practice roster

gobombersgo

« Reply #1033 on: October 13, 2018, 10:51:40 AM »

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Team-issued depth/rosters as 3rd-place #Bombers host 2nd-place #Riders. Weston Dressler (lower-body) remains a game-time decision.

Arielle Zerr   @arielle_zerr
Here's the Roughriders depth chart for tomorrow's game against Winnipeg.

Quite a few changes to note including the return of Caleb Holley and Mic'hael Brooks, Brendon LaBatte to centre and the Riders wasting no time putting Philip Blake to work.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:53:38 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

Blue In BC

« Reply #1034 on: October 13, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »

Just an idea that we might see more of Woli today even if Dressler plays.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: