Blue Bombers Forum
December 05, 2020, 05:11:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 205697 times)
gobombersgo

« Reply #1005 on: September 17, 2018, 09:19:00 PM »

BLUE BOMBERS ADD TO PRACTICE ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., September 17, 2018 -  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has added to the practice roster national defensive back Jacob Firlotte, international receivers Charles Nelson and Kenny Lawler, international linebacker Kache Palacio and international defensive back Boobie Hobbs.

Firlotte (6-3, 216, Queen's University, May 29, 1996 in Abbotsford, BC) was selected 58th overall in the 2018 CFL Draft by the Blue Bombers. He spent four seasons with the Queen's Gaels, playing in 30 games. Firlotte recorded 49 solo tackles and 3 interceptions in his career at Queen's.

Nelson (5'8, 170, Oregon, October 29, 1995 in Daytona Beach, FL.) played four seasons for the Oregon Ducks, catching 124 passes for 1,555 yards and 14 touchdowns. Nelson also had 2,424 kick return yards and two kick return touchdowns during his time at Oregon. In 2014, Nelson received the Gordon E. Wilson Award for being Oregon's top special teams standout and was given 1st-Team Pac-12 All-Conference honours in 2015.

Lawler (6'2, 203, University of California, June 25, 1994 in Pomona, CA.) was selected in the seventh round of the 2016 NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks, spending time on their practice squad in 2016 and 2017. Lawler played three seasons with the California Golden Bears, catching 143 passes for 1706 yards and 27 touchdowns.

Palacio (6'1, 237, Washington State University, January 30, 1994 in Gardena, CA.) spent his college career with the Washington State Cougars. In four seasons, he recorded 146 total tackles, 26 tackles for a loss and 17 sacks, putting him 10th on the school's all-time sacks list. In 2016, Palacio signed with the Los Angeles Rams as an undrafted free agent. He also spent time with the Seattle Seahawks, playing in one NFL game in 2017.

Hobbs (5'10, 180, University of Utah, June 28, 1995 in New Orleans, LA.) spent three seasons with the Utah Utes, playing in 50 games and making 47 total tackles. In 2016, Hobbs led the NCAA in total punt returns and was third overall in the Pac-12 with 274 punt return yards.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/09/17/blue-bombers-add-practice-roster/

Transactions Sept 17 2018
added to practice roster:

WPG ADD  NAT Jacob FIRLOTTE (DB)    Queen's
WPG ADD  INT Travonne HOBBS (DB)    Utah
WPG ADD  INT Kenny LAWLER (WR)    California
WPG ADD  INT Charles NELSON (WR)    Oregon  (from retired list)
WPG ADD  INT Kache PALACIO (LB)    Washington State
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:35:51 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

TecnoGenius

« Reply #1006 on: September 18, 2018, 06:10:20 AM »

DB / returner Boobie Hobbs #14

His parents gave him that name??  Or is it a nickname?

The Bombers sure give us fun names to yell out as cheers!  "Go Poop!", "Go Poopman!", "I love Poop!".

Now insert Hobbs' name into the above.  No end of fun (yes part of me is stuck in junior high).  Hmm, I wonder if I risk getting kicked out of IGF for yelling such things?  "Please, sir, it's the player's name, really!  Look at my roster!"

I shudder to think what names they'll find in future signers if this is a trend!

Never go full Rider!
gobombersgo

« Reply #1007 on: September 22, 2018, 10:56:22 PM »

Transactions Sept 19:
WPG ADD FROM RETIRED INT Zavian BINGHAM (DB)    Jackson State
WPG DEL  INT Zavian BINGHAM (DB)    Jackson State

Transactions Sept 20:
WPG ADD  NAT Brendan MORGAN (DB)    Queen's  - from practice roster
WPG ADD  NAT John RUSH (LB)    Guelph  - from practice roster
WPG ADD FROM INJURED INT Weston DRESSLER (WR)    North Dakota
WPG DEL  INT Timothy FLANDERS (RB)    Sam Houston State  - added to practice roster
WPG DEL  NAT Cody SPELLER (OL)    McMaster  - added to practice roster
WPG DEL  NAT Qadr SPOONER  (OL)    McGill  - added to practice roster

gobombersgo

« Reply #1008 on: September 22, 2018, 11:17:30 PM »

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming  Sep 20
Team-issued depth/rosters as the #Bombers host the #Alouettes Friday. Dressler (4 games) and Hardrick (3) return to the lineup, while Fogg remains questionable. Johnny Manziel makes his third-career @CFL start for Montreal.

Jeff Hamilton   @jeffkhamilton  Sep 20
#Bombers depth chart for tomorrow's game vs Montreal. WR Weston Dressler, DB Brendan Morgan and FB John Rush draw back into the lineup, while RB Timothy Flanders, OL Cody Speller and OL Qadr Spooner are out. Kevin Fogg will return punts. #wfp

WPG Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers   1 day ago
Today;s @RedRiverMutual starting lineup.
Inactives: #3 Kevin Fogg, #6 Washington

gobombersgo

« Reply #1009 on: September 26, 2018, 08:31:13 PM »

Transactions Sept 25:

WPG DEL  INT Robert PRIESTER (DB)    Wyoming - added to practice roster

pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #1010 on: September 27, 2018, 12:36:18 AM »

Transactions Sept 25:

WPG DEL  INT Robert PRIESTER (DB)    Wyoming - added to practice roster

How do folks feel about how he played?  I didn't notice him that much which is usually a good thing.  Thoughts?  Promise for the future of just a role player / backup? Too early to know?

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #1011 on: September 27, 2018, 03:20:38 AM »

How do folks feel about how he played?  I didn't notice him that much which is usually a good thing.  Thoughts?  Promise for the future of just a role player / backup? Too early to know?

He seemed to play fairly well. However it was against the two weakest CFL offenses. Promising possibly but really to early to know.

No more excuses.
gobombersgo

« Reply #1012 on: September 29, 2018, 09:20:22 PM »

Jeff Hamilton  @jeffkhamilton  Sep 28
#Bombers depth chart and roster vs. Edmonton Saturday. Nic Demski, who didn't practice this week, is listed as a starting slotback. #wfp

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC  Sep 28
The #Bombers depth chart vs. Edm for Sat features two changes to the 46-man roster: on are RB Johnny Augustine and LB Frederic Plesius; off are DB Robert Priester and LB Shayne Gauthier. Kevin Fogg back at CB, Nic Demski listed at SB, although he could be a game-time decision.

gobombersgo

« Reply #1013 on: September 29, 2018, 09:21:56 PM »

WPG Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers   20 minutes ago
Today's @RedRiverMutual starting lineup.
Inactives: #6 Washington, #10 Demski

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming 13 minutes ago
#Bombers scratch receivers Nic Demski and Corey Washington in Edmonton tonight. Daniel Peterman will enter the starting lineup, and Drew Wolitarsky will move inside to the slot for a bulk of plays.

Transactions Sept 28:
WPG ADD  NAT Johnny AUGUSTINE (RB)    Guelph   - added from practice roster
WPG ADD FROM INJURED NAT Frederic PLESIUS (LB)    Laval
WPG TRF TO INJURED NAT Shayne GAUTHIER (LB)    Laval - to Nov-17^^ (04-Nov)

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:10:22 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

gobombersgo

« Reply #1014 on: October 02, 2018, 08:50:44 PM »

Blue Bombers Transactions - October 2, 2018

WINNIPEG, MB., October 2, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has released international defensive back Boobie Hobbs from the practice roster.

Blue In BC

« Reply #1015 on: October 03, 2018, 05:27:42 PM »

We've got until about Oct 13 (  a week from Sat ) to return back to 10 man PR. I wonder if any of the new signings beat out some that were retained after TC.

No more excuses.
gobombersgo

« Reply #1016 on: October 05, 2018, 10:55:18 AM »

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Team-issued depth/rosters as 7-7 #Bombers are in Ottawa Friday to face the 8-5 #RedBlacks. Nic Demski is probable to play after returning to practice this week - otherwise, no significant changes. For Ottawa, impact Canadians S Antoine Pruneau and OL Nolan MacMillan are out.

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
One change to the #Bombers 46-man roster this week: LB Kyrie Wilson is on RB Johnny Augustine comes off

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #1017 on: October 05, 2018, 11:54:30 AM »

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Team-issued depth/rosters as 7-7 #Bombers are in Ottawa Friday to face the 8-5 #RedBlacks. Nic Demski is probable to play after returning to practice this week - otherwise, no significant changes. For Ottawa, impact Canadians S Antoine Pruneau and OL Nolan MacMillan are out.

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
One change to the #Bombers 46-man roster this week: LB Kyrie Wilson is on RB Johnny Augustine comes off

I'm convinced there is no strategic value to this shuffling of players on and off the P.R. on a weekly basis other than to spread around the game-day cheques to bolster their meager P.R. salaries.  If that is the case, these decisions are probably being made by Walters, not O'Shea.
GCn19

« Reply #1018 on: October 05, 2018, 12:06:02 PM »

I'm convinced there is no strategic value to this shuffling of players on and off the P.R. on a weekly basis other than to spread around the game-day cheques to bolster their meager P.R. salaries.  If that is the case, these decisions are probably being made by Walters, not O'Shea.

Just rotating fresh legs in and getting everyone game prepped for the playoffs in case they are needed imo.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #1019 on: October 05, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »

Just rotating fresh legs in and getting everyone game prepped for the playoffs in case they are needed imo.

Well maybe, but quite often they end up sitting on the 2 man reserve anyway, my guess is Wilson sits unless they have a need for him on S.T.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: