Blue Bombers Forum
June 22, 2018, 10:05:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 39701 times)
gobombersgo

« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2018, 10:33:51 PM »

January 11, 2018 -  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed International defensive back Eric Patterson.
https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/01/11/bombers-add-db-eric-patterson/

gobombersgo

« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2018, 11:18:33 PM »

Current Roster:
QBs                 2
Nationals         21
Internationals   24

Pigskin

« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2018, 03:57:41 PM »

what's his 40?
theaardvark

« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2018, 07:42:32 PM »

what's his 40?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue72

« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2018, 05:26:08 PM »

My thoughts about this year is we have to win big or next could be big changes. If we drop down and win less it could mean  a change in coaches and starting over again. It also could be loosing a couple big names also EG: a lot of NAT o linemen that contracts coming to an end and may want to go to a winning team, some big names getting past the 30 year age, Harris, Dressler, Leggett, Randle, Bryant, Nichols.

Players want that playoff and grey cup check and with a loosing record that we have and if we have to start over again how many players will want to come here unless FA for more money and just 1 year contract. We are going to have to find another better QB as a backup and not a 34 plus guy and maybe a replacement #1 and 2 receiver if these guys get hurt again and a #1 or 2 RB as Harris is getting up there and can't take the hits like he did last year.

The d has to show a lot of inprovement this year since MOS is keeping Hall and bringing in his friend in Young and Younger. Are they the best he could find or is he just counting on his old friends to help fix this mess and keep his job. This year MOS can't put the blame on anyone this year on D as it is his buddies.
Blue In BC

« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2018, 06:05:28 PM »

It's not quite as black and white as that but we agree. The key to most teams seasons in not having serious injuries to key players . In particular getting healthy at the end of the season and having enough good depth to survive in the meantime.

Losing Leggett, Westerman and Nichols with hand injuries didn't help at the end of the season.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2018, 06:24:43 PM »

It's not quite as black and white as that but we agree. The key to most teams seasons in not having serious injuries to key players . In particular getting healthy at the end of the season and having enough good depth to survive in the meantime.

Losing Leggett, Westerman and Nichols with hand injuries didn't help at the end of the season.

And Adams...

Injuries during the season are one thing.  Injuries for the playoofs are something completely different.  When you are in an elimination situation in every game, you have to field your best.  Losing 6 games in a row during the season can still get you into the playoffs...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2018, 06:27:45 PM »

Yep.....we obviously were hit hard near the end and pretty tough to replace a Legget or an Adams. Our existing core of players weren?t able to step up enough to win in crunch time.   
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:29:50 PM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
Blue In BC

« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2018, 07:55:56 PM »

And Adams...

Injuries during the season are one thing.  Injuries for the playoofs are something completely different.  When you are in an elimination situation in every game, you have to field your best.  Losing 6 games in a row during the season can still get you into the playoffs...

Both the Esks and Stamps had about 20 players on their IR at the end of the season. Many of those were starting players. The Esks lost about 4 RB's during the season and trading for Gable was about their 5th starting RB. They lost Sherritt and many starting OL.

The Esks still have 71 players on their roster as a result. We finished the season about 54 and then signed a few of our PR guys and a few rookies since the end of the season. Now we sit at 60 IIRC.

So don't spew that we were the hardest hit going into the playoffs.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 08:01:49 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2018, 09:28:12 PM »

Sure, our injuries came at a poor time. But if they would've come earlier I doubt we would've made the playoffs
theaardvark

« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2018, 09:47:35 PM »

Both the Esks and Stamps had about 20 players on their IR at the end of the season. Many of those were starting players. The Esks lost about 4 RB's during the season and trading for Gable was about their 5th starting RB. They lost Sherritt and many starting OL.

The Esks still have 71 players on their roster as a result. We finished the season about 54 and then signed a few of our PR guys and a few rookies since the end of the season. Now we sit at 60 IIRC.

So don't spew that we were the hardest hit going into the playoffs.

So, was Gable better or worse than their #1 RB?  They got lucky that HAM had a problem with two good RB's on their roster and only room for one.  Sure, they lost Sherritt, but had more than compensated by the time the post season hit.

The big loss was Nichols/Adams.  Not guys you can replace easily, or at that time of year. 

Blue In BC

« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2018, 09:54:15 PM »

So, was Gable better or worse than their #1 RB?  They got lucky that HAM had a problem with two good RB's on their roster and only room for one.  Sure, they lost Sherritt, but had more than compensated by the time the post season hit.

The big loss was Nichols/Adams.  Not guys you can replace easily, or at that time of year. 

Nichols threw for 371 yards, 72.9% completion with 3 TD's in the WSF against Edmonton. In fact that was better than Reilly's game.

Face it. The Esks had a better overall roster all season than the Bombers.

If Reilly had been injured or nicked they had Franklin. We had Lefevour. Edmonton brought back D. Walker and Grymes going into the playoffs. We brought in? They were smart enough to trade for Gable. They made / found changes to make due to injuries and to improve where necessary.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:59:09 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
dd

« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2018, 09:57:52 PM »

Yes, they did, as did the Stamps, and Riders are improving/closing fast. Collaros is going to help them immensely. West is going to be a lot tougher in 2018, and it was tough in 2017!!
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2018, 11:16:50 PM »

A load of crap.

They made moves to win.. We didnt and we lost.

Bottom line is we did not do what it takes to win. Are we trying?  Yes... ill agree....  but others do and make moves to win. We sorta sit and say....  well....  we will.

We dont do it.

We fill just enough gaps ...... Like Hurl.  We are told to be happy with that.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
dd

« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2018, 02:05:14 AM »

The reason we lost the WSF, was because our secondary completely lost and left uncovered zylstra and Bowman on separate plays for 14 points. Those blunders right there cost us the game. Leaving their 2 most dangerous weapons complete uncovered for TDs cost us the game.

Spare me the malarkey about who we lost to injury and who didn't step up to make plays, there are guys in our secondary who are absolutely lost out there and that cost us the game. They must be replaced for us to move forward
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:50:17 AM by dd » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49
  Print  

Jump to: