Blue Bombers Forum
July 18, 2018, 05:27:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 54
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 45763 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #720 on: June 13, 2018, 08:37:00 AM »

Is that true?  Game check goes to everyone on AR and IR???  I thought it was only those who dressed + healthy scratches?  Admittedly, I know absolutely nothing about this side of things, that's why I'm curious.

If you?re on the team you get paid.
gobombersgo

« Reply #721 on: June 14, 2018, 10:56:18 AM »

Rosters for Game one:

WPG Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers   June 14
Tonight's @RedRiverMutual starting lineup.
Inactives: #57 Manase Foketi & #96 Brandin Bryant.

Transactions June 13th:

WPG ADD  INT Kyrie WILSON (LB)    Fresno State (from practice roster)
WPG TRF TO INJURED INT Timothy FLANDERS (RB)    Sam Houston State - to Jul-26^^ (15-Jul)
WPG TRF TO INJURED NAT Kienan LAFRANCE (RB)    Manitoba - to Jun-21
WPG TRF TO INJURED INT Maurice LEGGETT (DB)    Valdosta State - to Jun-21
WPG TRF TO INJURED INT Matt NICHOLS (QB)    Eastern Washington - to Jul-26^^ (15-Jul)
WPG TRF TO INJURED NAT Qadr SPOONER  (OL)    McGill - to Jun-21
WPG TRF TO INJURED INT Kenbrell THOMPKINS (WR)    Cincinnati - to Jun-21
WPG TRF TO INJURED INT Ian WILD (LB)    Mercyhurst College - to Jun-21
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 08:53:36 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

the paw

« Reply #722 on: June 14, 2018, 11:12:42 AM »

Is that true?  Game check goes to everyone on AR and IR???  I thought it was only those who dressed + healthy scratches?  Admittedly, I know absolutely nothing about this side of things, that's why I'm curious.

Full cheques for everyone on 46man roster (including 2 man reserve or healthy scratches) and on IR.  The difference is that the game cheques for 6 game injured (Nichols and Flanders) does not count against cap.

Practice roster guys get a stipend that is normally below the league minimum, but can be as high as the team wants.  These stipends also count against the salary cap. 

grab grass 'n growl
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #723 on: June 14, 2018, 12:22:05 PM »

Full cheques for everyone on 46man roster (including 2 man reserve or healthy scratches) and on IR.  The difference is that the game cheques for 6 game injured (Nichols and Flanders) does not count against cap.

Practice roster guys get a stipend that is normally below the league minimum, but can be as high as the team wants.  These stipends also count against the salary cap. 

If they stay on it for six games. It also probably guarantees we won't see Flanders until week seven at the earliest because they'll use one of their two options to remove a player from the six-game on Nichols. They'll keep the other for later in the season.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:26:12 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #724 on: June 14, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »

If they stay on it for six games. It also probably guarantees we won't see Flanders until week seven at the earliest because they'll use one of their two options to remove a player from the six-game on Nichols. They'll keep the other for later in the season.

Putting Flanders on the 6- game kind of says to me that the Bombers didn't know how to get him into a game either, eventually they will have to fish or cut bait.  Not sure why they procrastinated when they could have used his spot to retain another import like Montgomery.
Jesse

« Reply #725 on: June 14, 2018, 01:23:59 PM »

Putting Flanders on the 6- game kind of says to me that the Bombers didn't know how to get him into a game either, eventually they will have to fish or cut bait.  Not sure why they procrastinated when they could have used his spot to retain another import like Montgomery.

MOS said they just didn't think they needed another DE. We're stacked at the position.

Flanders is all purpose and could easily get back on the roster if we have injuries to the RB or SB positions.
GCn17

« Reply #726 on: June 14, 2018, 01:24:42 PM »

Yea....our ratio choices and keeping Flanders don't really jive. I have a feeling that the Bombers signed him and overestimated their ability to retain Westerman.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #727 on: June 14, 2018, 01:40:53 PM »

MOS said they just didn't think they needed another DE. We're stacked at the position.

Flanders is all purpose and could easily get back on the roster if we have injuries to the RB or SB positions.

Stacked???  They only have 4 on the roster, one injury and they will be on the phone looking for another.  Hopefully it happens early enough in the season so they can bring back someone they are familiar with and don't have to go through the try-out process with a total unknown.
gbill2004

« Reply #728 on: June 14, 2018, 01:47:03 PM »

Stacked???  They only have 4 on the roster, one injury and they will be on the phone looking for another.  Hopefully it happens early enough in the season so they can bring back someone they are familiar with and don't have to go through the try-out process with a total unknown.
He did not use the word "stacked".  He said it would be difficult getting them all reps in practice if we had another one, and that played a factor in the decision to release Montgomery. 
the paw

« Reply #729 on: June 14, 2018, 02:21:45 PM »

Well its not like they are going to lose the phone numbers for Montgomery and Casher (who also showed well).  If we get an injury, we sign another guy.  If there's one position where it's fairly easy to integrate a guy mid-season, it's DE. 

grab grass 'n growl
gobombersgo

« Reply #730 on: June 21, 2018, 09:47:36 PM »

June 18, 2018 -  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has signed international quarterback Mitchell Gale to the practice roster.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/06/18/bombers-add-qb-gale/

Transactions June 18th:

WPG DEL  NAT Johnny AUGUSTINE (RB)    Guelph -added to practice roster
WPG DEL  INT Ryan LANKFORD (WR)    Illinois - added to pratice roster

Transactions June 21st:
WPG ADD  INT Mitchell GALE (QB)    Abilene Christian - from practice roster
WPG ADD FROM INJURED NAT Kienan LAFRANCE  (RB)    Manitoba
WPG ADD FROM INJURED INT Maurice LEGGETT (DB)    Valdosta State
WPG ADD FROM INJURED INT Ian WILD (LB)    Mercyhurst College
WPG DEL  INT Kyrie WILSON (LB)    Fresno State - added to practice roster
WPG EXT ON INJURED NAT Qadr SPOONER  (OL)    McGill - to Aug-09^^ (22-Jul)
WPG EXT ON INJURED INT Kenbrell THOMPKINS (WR)    Cincinnati - to Jun-28
WPG TRF TO INJURED INT Alex ROSS (QB)    Coastal Carolina - to Aug-09^^ (22-Jul)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 09:17:22 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

gobombersgo

« Reply #731 on: June 21, 2018, 09:48:56 PM »

Roster for game two:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:51:38 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

gobombersgo

« Reply #732 on: June 22, 2018, 09:36:50 PM »

WPG Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers   34 minutes ago
Tonight's @RedRiverMutual starting lineup.
Inactives: #57 Manase Foketi, #93 Craig Roh

gobombersgo

« Reply #733 on: June 28, 2018, 07:13:03 PM »

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Team-issued depth chart/roster with the #Bombers in Hamilton Friday night. @almighty31 (Moe Leggett)makes his first start of the season at a new position for him, as Anthony Gaitor (lower-body) begins a stint on the 6-Game IL. Ian Wild misses a second game, and Trent Corney is off as well.

The defensive secondary may look at little different positionally this week, but it is essentially the same starting personnel. The test for the #Bombers D will be to pressure Masoli while staying responsible against a very talented and deep #TiCats receiving corps.

Canadian tailback Mercer Timmis is coming off a big game for the #TiCats, where he ran for 133 yards against Edmonton. Hamilton is no longer just a pass-happy O - several #Bombers players and coaches have told me as much this week.

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
Four changes to the 46: Wilson, Sayles, Cooper and Rush on for Bryant, Wild, Gaitor and Corney

Bob Irving  @BobIrvingCJOB
With Anthony Gaitor on 6-game injured, Bombers add rookie DB's tyneill cooper and Marcus Sales to 46-man roster.  Defensive lineman Craig Roh comes back on, Trent Corney on 1-game inj.

gobombersgo

« Reply #734 on: June 28, 2018, 07:16:31 PM »

Rosters for game 3:

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 54
  Print  

Jump to: