Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2018, 08:38:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 73
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 69520 times)
blueraid

« Reply #240 on: January 19, 2018, 05:33:24 PM »

Good move to get Chris Randall to re-up for 2 years today...One important cog in the fold
theaardvark

« Reply #241 on: January 19, 2018, 05:56:39 PM »

Good move to get Chris Randall to re-up for 2 years today...One important cog in the fold

Randle

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blueraid

« Reply #242 on: January 19, 2018, 08:19:55 PM »

Right....that's Chris Randle....and that's the right handle Wink
gobombersgo

« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2018, 08:06:06 AM »

January 23, 2018 -  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with international cornerback Chris Randle on a two-year contract. Randle was scheduled to be a free agent next month.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/01/19/bombers-agree-terms-cfl-all-star-cornerback-chris-randle/

1chad

« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2018, 12:02:58 PM »

Good signing. I think the Bombers have been most active in resigning their FAs.
theaardvark

« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2018, 01:07:14 PM »

BOND, Travis    I    OL    North Carolina    
DENMARK, Clarence    I    WR    Arkansas Monticello    
FEOLI GUDINO, Julian    N    WR    Laval    
FOGG, Kevin    I    DB    Liberty    
HEATH, TJ    I    DB    Jacksonville State    
HURL, Sam    N    LB    Calgary    
KNOX, Kyle    I    LB    Fresno State    
LEFEVOUR, Dan    I    QB    Central Michigan    
LEGGETT, Maurice    I    DB    Valdosta State    
NORMAND, Christophe    N    FB    Laval
THOMAS, Jake    N    DL    Acadia    

WESTERMAN, Jamaal    N    DL    Rutgers    

Players we really should sign

Sign at the right price, but not at the expense of these players

Fogg I was on the fence on, but it looks like they are bringing in PR/KR guys to compete, so it moved him from "must sign" to "would be nice".  Plus, the team would save a lot of money on Birthday Cake...

Only 12 potential free agents left on the list, well done Mr. Walters

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 01:13:16 PM by theaardvark » Logged

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2018, 01:13:01 PM »

BOND, Travis    I    OL    North Carolina    
DENMARK, Clarence    I    WR    Arkansas Monticello    
FEOLI GUDINO, Julian    N    WR    Laval    
FOGG, Kevin    I    DB    Liberty    
HEATH, TJ    I    DB    Jacksonville State    
HURL, Sam    N    LB    Calgary    
KNOX, Kyle    I    LB    Fresno State    
LEFEVOUR, Dan    I    QB    Central Michigan    
LEGGETT, Maurice    I    DB    Valdosta State    
NORMAND, Christophe    N    FB    Laval
THOMAS, Jake    N    DL    Acadia    

WESTERMAN, Jamaal    N    DL    Rutgers    

Players we really should sign

Sign at the right price, but not at the expense of these players

Only 12 potential free agents left on the list, well done Mr. Walters
Replace Thomas with Westerman and I agree.
theaardvark

« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2018, 01:15:37 PM »

Replace Thomas with Westerman and I agree.

My logic for not flipping them is Thomas can stll help with ratio and SMS savings can allow other players to be signed.  If Westerman comes cheap, by all means, but if signing him means losing Leggett, or even Heath, then no.

Blue In BC

« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2018, 02:04:21 PM »

My logic for not flipping them is Thomas can stll help with ratio and SMS savings can allow other players to be signed.  If Westerman comes cheap, by all means, but if signing him means losing Leggett, or even Heath, then no.

Many posters have explained why this is a horrible idea but you keep beating the Thomas is a must sign.

No he's not. He's an ok to sign if HIS price is affordable once we sign the real MUST sign players.

No more excuses.
gobombersgo

« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2018, 12:10:18 PM »

January 20, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with veteran quarterback Darian Durant on a one-year contract.
https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/01/20/bombers-agree-to-terms-with-quarterback-darian-durant/

Durant fills veteran void behind Nichols
https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/01/20/durant-fills-veteran-void-behind-nichols/

gobombersgo

« Reply #250 on: January 21, 2018, 12:16:33 PM »

Current Roster:
QBs                 5
Nationals         21
Internationals   30

Pending FAs     12

Tehedra

« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2018, 02:21:19 PM »

I'd rather lose Heath and keep Westerman, Westerman although sometimes takes the odd stupid penalty; cleaned up his act last year on those "stupid" penalties yet still delivered tons of pressure.  With him in the line up it helps the over all back field by rushing the QB or keeping the QB slightly off his game.
GCn18

« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2018, 02:27:16 PM »

I'd rather lose Heath and keep Westerman, Westerman although sometimes takes the odd stupid penalty; cleaned up his act last year on those "stupid" penalties yet still delivered tons of pressure.  With him in the line up it helps the over all back field by rushing the QB or keeping the QB slightly off his game.

I don't think Westerman is necessarily any better than Okpo or Westerman but the effect he has on the ratio is HUGE.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #253 on: January 22, 2018, 03:59:17 PM »

I don't think Westerman is necessarily any better than Okpo or Westerman but the effect he has on the ratio is HUGE.

Is it though?  Are we going to "start" 2 Nats on the DLine if Westerman is on the roster?  Or just one?  Unless we are starting 2, then he doesn't really affect the ratio, because we will probably have one of Corney, Ekakitie, Marouf or Thomas (should he sign here) rotating in anyways.

3 OL
1 WR
1 RB
1 FS
1 DL

There's our starting 7. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #254 on: January 22, 2018, 04:35:33 PM »

Re-signing Thomas depends somewhat on how far along Ekakitie has come, if he's ready to go Thomas becomes more dispensable.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 73
  Print  

Jump to: