Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2018, 08:37:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coach Sherman's response to why he pulled Manziel on the last play?  (Read 695 times)
TecnoGenius

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 02:52:00 AM »

Perfectly fine with them putting Pipkin in to throw the hail Mary.  JM already screwed up 1 or 2 of those already this year... strangely enough getting sacked just like Pipkin did.

I can virtually guarantee you that Sherman and JM discussed ahead of time (i.e. during the week) that if they were in that situation and distance he'd probably put Pipkin in.  This wasn't dreamed up by Sherman in 5s on the sideline on the last play.  It was planned out way in advance and probably practised.

My big beef is that Pipkin didn't throw the darn ball.  Throw the darn ball!  All that hype and tension and he just gets sacked.  If the pocket is collapsing just throw it!  Who cares if the receivers aren't ready, just throw it.  Any throw is better than a sack.  My biggest pet peeve in all of football.  Argh.

JM running off after was very unsportsmanlike.  Doesn't look good on him.  I like watching JM play, and I really thought he had a shot at his first win, if MTL D had stepped up in the 4th.  Oh well, maybe next week.

Oh ya, and Lewis looks like the real deal game after game (no matter the QB).  He's the only receiver trying hard out there.  If Lewis pops up in FA, I say grab him!!
kkc60

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 04:57:00 AM »

Putting a different QB in to throw thqe hail Mary isnt un1 common. The Indy Colts took out their #1 and put in their #2 for the hail mary cuz he had a stronger arm. As for the Manziel bashing, I bet no one would be saying this much if it was anyone else besides Manziel playing. Theres a bias for him in the media and against him in other fan bases. I think he could have a future here in the CFL and I think that would greatly benefit the league
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 05:20:28 AM »

Putting a different QB in to throw thqe hail Mary isnt un1 common. The Indy Colts took out their #1 and put in their #2 for the hail mary cuz he had a stronger arm. As for the Manziel bashing, I bet no one would be saying this much if it was anyone else besides Manziel playing. Theres a bias for him in the media and against him in other fan bases. I think he could have a future here in the CFL and I think that would greatly benefit the league
It was a poor decision to pull Manziel mainly because either would likely get sacked because their O-Line is so crappy they couldn't provide protection long enough for any of their receivers to get deep enough downfield let alone into the end zone.   If it was a pre-planned play to pull him, why did Johnny run off in a huff not shaking hands with his opponents?   He really doesn't deserve the hype he gets day in and day out.   He hasn't won a game yet so until he proves that he can be a legitimate starter he doesn't deserve all the attention.  When I see him lead a team to victory on a consistent basis, then yes hype it up but until then, let him earn his keep like everybody else!   I hoped he would have a bigger impact than he has and I'm disappointed that things haven't  worked out for him as he had hoped they should have.  He certainly is no Doug Flutie!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
dd

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 12:39:32 PM »

He?s the most over rated, over hyped player in the game. The shine has wore off, and everyone is realizing this and the fact he isn?t starter material in any football league, not if you want to win!!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 02:23:01 PM »

He?s the most over rated, over hyped player in the game. The shine has wore off, and everyone is realizing this and the fact he isn?t starter material in any football league, not if you want to win!!
I just wish the press would 🛑 already with the hype on this guy.....Montreal sold the farm to get him because they were desperate and Johnny 🏈 is only a myth it seems.   Montreal I'm afraid is in for several more years of basement dwelling.....I think Kavis Reeds days are numbered!

kkc60

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 02:43:22 PM »

It was a poor decision to pull Manziel mainly because either would likely get sacked because their O-Line is so crappy they couldn't provide protection long enough for any of their receivers to get deep enough downfield let alone into the end zone.   If it was a pre-planned play to pull him, why did Johnny run off in a huff not shaking hands with his opponents?   He really doesn't deserve the hype he gets day in and day out.   He hasn't won a game yet so until he proves that he can be a legitimate starter he doesn't deserve all the attention.  When I see him lead a team to victory on a consistent basis, then yes hype it up but until then, let him earn his keep like everybody else!   I hoped he would have a bigger impact than he has and I'm disappointed that things haven't  worked out for him as he had hoped they should have.  He certainly is no Doug Flutie!
I didnt say it was planned. Just that its not uncommon. It was a poor decision because their oline is bad? What?

No he doesn't deserve all the attention. He also doesnt deserve all the criticism. The Al's have been close in a couple of their more recent games. To blame Manziel for all the losses is just plain and simple bias against the guy.

I think it's best if people just look at him as a rookie QB not Johnny Manziel. Really, if it was Pipkin playing the last 3 or so games would we be bashing him and his character? I highly doubt it. Didnt see anyone bashing Bethel-Thompson when the Argos were losing.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 04:20:53 PM »

I didnt say it was planned. Just that its not uncommon. It was a poor decision because their oline is bad? What?

No he doesn't deserve all the attention. He also doesnt deserve all the criticism. The Al's have been close in a couple of their more recent games. To blame Manziel for all the losses is just plain and simple bias against the guy.

I think it's best if people just look at him as a rookie QB not Johnny Manziel. Really, if it was Pipkin playing the last 3 or so games would we be bashing him and his character? I highly doubt it. Didnt see anyone bashing Bethel-Thompson when the Argos were losing.
Of course he's not to blame for the entire Montreal debacle....however he came up here to prove that he could hopefully play his way back into the CFL.   He unfortunately comes with a lot of baggage and all the hype precedes him, yet he still hasn't shown that he can be a legitimate starter in the CFL.   I see occasional flashes however that's not enough to convince me that he's worth what he's getting paid.   Pipkin at least has won a few games with this same team something Manziel is still struggling to do.   
He may yet develop into a good QB however that remains to be seen.   Until then I'm not blaming him for the team that surrounds him, but the Als gave up two of their best players on a hope and a prayer and so far it hasn't worked out.  If the Als were serious about his mental state pulling him on the last play of the game certainly didn't help matters.   He was obviously Pi$$ed and ran off the field in a poor display of sportsmanship....that's what everyone saw and it won't easily be forgotten by football fans, even if it was a poor decision by Sherman.   If you want to be a leader you have to take one for the team in those situations. 

lenny

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 05:34:01 PM »

Lot of ignorant comments about Manziel. He's gotten progressively better every game. Just look at his stats. And that's behind the worst OL. Further, if Bede had made two simple field goals the Als would have won the game.

What's more crushing than the loss is that Manziel was driving the team downfield late in the 2nd half, its third and short yardage, Pipkin is put in and he fumbles the ball by hitting the ball on his OL's rear end. Argos recover.

The hype was not his. Black would go on and on about him every game.
kkc60

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 06:09:42 PM »

One thing with Manziel is people complain about him and the media....which then gives Manziel more attention
The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

« Reply #24 on: Today at 01:43:47 PM »

Gimme a break. Classless to run off the field after the game? Pretty sure Stegall bolted straight to the locker room after the 2007 GC and I doubt anyone here would call him classless.
Players are under no obligation to shake hands with their opponents. This isn't Timbits hockey!
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: