Blue Bombers Forum
December 13, 2017, 06:17:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Muddruckers?  (Read 310 times)
gbill2004

« on: October 11, 2017, 07:00:41 PM »

The driveway on my 15 year old house has sunk about an inch and am considering hiring Muddruckers to raise/level it. Anyone have experience with Muddruckers to share? 
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 07:11:55 PM »

I see the ad jingle on 680 worked on you!

My only "experience" (not with my own place) has been with Ditchfield Construction. They do it all, but specialize in outdoor and foundation repair. They are great. https://www.facebook.com/groups/422041997853629/

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Chris1982

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 11:29:19 AM »

https://www.bbb.org/manitoba/business-reviews/mud-jacking-contractors/muddruckers-in-winnipeg-mb-14589/reviews-and-complaints

https://www.reddit.com/r/Winnipeg/comments/5zzhcd/has_anyone_used_mudruckers/

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
theaardvark

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 12:46:54 PM »

I've looked at the options, and I'm using urethane rather than mudd... Polymor.  For my basement floor and to stabalize my footings.  My neighbor used them for his pool deck they were fast and clean

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 12:51:52 PM »

I've looked at the options, and I'm using urethane rather than mudd... Polymor.  For my basement floor and to stabalize my footings.  My neighbor used them for his pool deck they were fast and clean
Interesting Aards.  I'm also considering Polymor.  How did you find the price compared to mud-jacking?  Why are you choosing the poly over the mud.  My only concern with Polymor is that if/when you need to replace the driveway, concrete disposal sites will not accept the polyurethane that is stuck to the concrete, because it is not environmentally friendly. 
theaardvark

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 02:30:36 PM »

Interesting Aards.  I'm also considering Polymor.  How did you find the price compared to mud-jacking?  Why are you choosing the poly over the mud.  My only concern with Polymor is that if/when you need to replace the driveway, concrete disposal sites will not accept the polyurethane that is stuck to the concrete, because it is not environmentally friendly. 

For me its not mainly a price consideration.  Urethane is a cleaner injection, the hoses and equipment are easier to bring into the house to work in the basement.  And there might be an issue with drains, and the urethane, should it infiltrate the sewer, is easily removed with a root routing service.

It literally does not add weight to the situation.  I'm worried that pumping a ton of slurry into my foundation will actually cause it to sink faster, I'm sitting on 40'+ of clay and apparently an underground river. 

So, the way I see it, adding in urethane foam will almost "float" things, displacing the voids, compacting the soil without adding weight to drag the house down even more. 

As to disposal of the concrete with urethane attached, I've never heard of that.  But the idea is to not replace the driveway, right?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 02:51:56 PM »

For me its not mainly a price consideration.  Urethane is a cleaner injection, the hoses and equipment are easier to bring into the house to work in the basement.  And there might be an issue with drains, and the urethane, should it infiltrate the sewer, is easily removed with a root routing service.

It literally does not add weight to the situation.  I'm worried that pumping a ton of slurry into my foundation will actually cause it to sink faster, I'm sitting on 40'+ of clay and apparently an underground river. 

So, the way I see it, adding in urethane foam will almost "float" things, displacing the voids, compacting the soil without adding weight to drag the house down even more. 

As to disposal of the concrete with urethane attached, I've never heard of that.  But the idea is to not replace the driveway, right?
Correct, because the house is currently only 15 years old.  But after 40 years, the driveway may need to be replaced and that's when the environmental disposal problem would arise with polyurethane. 
theaardvark

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 03:01:36 PM »

Correct, because the house is currently only 15 years old.  But after 40 years, the driveway may need to be replaced and that's when the environmental disposal problem would arise with polyurethane. 

25 years from now, there will be a laser treatment system at the disposal facility that will remove urethane from concrete, or some other such...  look at our current recycling, and where it is compared to 10 years ago.

If that's the concern, the possibility of an issue in remediating the urethane 25 years from now, then go Mudruckers for sure.  Urethane also has the benefit that it can be done in any season... and it doesn't require the drying time "mud" does. 

For a driveway, or garage floor slab, I'd guess mudrukkers is a cheaper option.  And less of an issue with a clean install.

gbill2004

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 03:51:46 PM »

25 years from now, there will be a laser treatment system at the disposal facility that will remove urethane from concrete, or some other such...  look at our current recycling, and where it is compared to 10 years ago.

If that's the concern, the possibility of an issue in remediating the urethane 25 years from now, then go Mudruckers for sure.  Urethane also has the benefit that it can be done in any season... and it doesn't require the drying time "mud" does. 

For a driveway, or garage floor slab, I'd guess mudrukkers is a cheaper option.  And less of an issue with a clean install.
The big plus with polyurethane, for me, is that the holes are smaller and there's fewer of them in the driveway, compared to mud.  I'm getting estimates on both...
Colton

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 07:58:24 PM »

Threads like this really make me appreciate the apartment life. (I'm not knocking houses, just glad I don't have to deal with this stuff)
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 08:26:24 PM »

Threads like this really make me appreciate the apartment life. (I'm not knocking houses, just glad I don't have to deal with this stuff)

I lived in condos for the last 15 years until last year when I bought my first house.  I thought the same as you, until I became a homeowner.  Now I take pride in my house and enjoy doing these things. 
dd

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 10:56:57 PM »

Having bought my house 20 years ago, it's only appreciated $300,000 in value. Yes there's repairs, but there's also tremendous upside to it to. To each their own.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: