Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 01:51:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice updates - week 17  (Read 3811 times)
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2017, 05:30:59 AM »

Lincoln, you know that I haven't nothing but mad love for you my friend! And it wasn't my intent to paint everyone with a broad brush. You tend to lean towards the other end of the spectrum, more positive and supportive of the team. More specifically, I wasn't including you in 'you all', and if you feel I was, I apologize. In fact, if you have been a Bomber fan for 60 years, I'll give you a pass on anything you say, lol... But to those that feel guilty, I probably was speaking to you, lol...
Fair enough...I'm cool with that.  I'm certainly no expert when it comes to X and Os and there are posters on this forum who are.  I do get hung up at times on ideas and words which can be a bit of a pain in the a$$....but I do enjoy a good argument as long as it doesn't get too personal.  I can also admit when I'm wrong or if I've been unfair in my criticism of players, coaches or other posters.   There are many good posters on this site, you being one of them.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:35:21 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2017, 05:36:58 AM »

here's the thing with us Chiefs fans, especially after not going to the big show for almost 50 years, we know that even when  have a good team that we are going to choke somewhere along the line before the playoffs and lose at LEAST 1 game that we shouldn't. Kind of like the Hamilton game, to a team we shouldn't of had a problem with. More so though, we also know that we can have the best regular season record and still be 'one and done' in the playoffs. I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't shock us, or even really disappoint us, as we have kind of grown to expect it.

A typical Chief fan's conversation kind of goes like this; 'hey, the team is looking good this year', 'yeah, really good', 'but you know we're going to blow it in the playoffs', 'I know, but we'll get'em next year'... But we never seem to blame the individual players, usually just the opposite, and view it more like it just wasn't meant to be, lol... It was brutal a couple of years ago in the playoffs when we had the Colts down something like 28 pts and they came back and beat us...

However, that's been changing as of late, mostly because of Any Reid. He's been cultivating an environment of higher expectations and giving us a glimmer of hope that it's possible, soon... It's a lot tougher being a Missouri Tiger fan, lol... it can be tough to be bad, know you're bad, and then lose a game that everyone actually picks you to win, lol...

But you know what is even worse? As I've stated before, I love football and follow it all the way down to the high school level here in Missouri. Well, for almost 20 our local high school team was a powerhouse, winning a state championship, returning to the championship game several times, district winner almost annually and really just whooping everyone we played, badly. It got to the point that we had to schedule teams over 120 miles from our school, or from out of state from time to time, to fill out our schedule. Well, those days are gone, lol, and all of those that we USE TO thump regularly, well they're giving it back to us now in spades, and loving it... But, I still go every Friday night and support the boys on the field... My nephew is a sophomore this year and playing running back, they've only won 1 game this year, waiting for next year already, lol...
You've taken fandom to a whole new level....good on ya!!

rubanski

« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2017, 11:54:01 AM »

I think Denmark speed wise is actually among the fastest players in the league, we've just never fully utilized his speed, never shown anyone his speed. His best ever yardage season back in 2014 he had over 1000 yards and 11 catches over 30 yards. The CFL lists BIG PLAYS as catches over 30 yards. In 2014 he led the league in 30 yard catches. Typically the top 10 WR in the CFL will have 10+ 30 yrd catches a season and for the record Darvin Adams is #2 in the league in those with 11. Keep in mind we do have 4 games left and when trying to connect on those "BIG PLAYS" its a lower percentage pass. CFL QB's have a completion % between 25.7 -47.1% on passes over 20 yards.

....Nichols has the most TD tosses in the league on passes over 20 yards.

So to summarize: Denmark is extremely fast and we have never had coaches who can figure out how to use that properly.

Apart from the reams of yards big plays earn, they change how a defense plays. When we were hosting EDM they played aweful, but were in the game solely because of about 4 big plays (Carmichael anyone...?) they connected with.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2017, 12:31:47 PM »

Speed? Maybe when he first entered the league. Denmark's strength is route running. He's pretty good at finding the hole in the zone and he's really good at beating his guy one on one. Why does he get so many TDs? Defences often man up in the red zone and Denmark often beats his guy. He's not slow but he's certainly not misused. He isn't the fastest guy on the field that's for sure, I don't think he ever was.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2017, 02:08:17 PM »

Speed? Maybe when he first entered the league. Denmark's strength is route running. He's pretty good at finding the hole in the zone and he's really good at beating his guy one on one. Why does he get so many TDs? Defences often man up in the red zone and Denmark often beats his guy. He's not slow but he's certainly not misused. He isn't the fastest guy on the field that's for sure, I don't think he ever was.

good speed, expert route running, great hands, disciplined pro

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2017, 02:12:14 PM »

Denmark is third in yards as a receiver behind Harris and is tied with Adams at 7 TDs.  At 571 yards he needs a hundred yards + per game to reach a thousand....not likely to happen but we need his experience in the red zone.   

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: