Blue Bombers Forum
December 11, 2017, 10:07:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice updates - week 17  (Read 6078 times)
bigbuff33

« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2017, 04:01:37 PM »

Sorry guys...I'm thrilled about how well we are doing...
But that receiving corps of ours...yeesh...
The Adams family...without him, we got nadda...
gbill2004

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2017, 04:10:47 PM »

Darvin Adams leaves Bomber practice early but said to be OK--Flanders not practicing but Trent Corney is.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2017, 04:11:32 PM »

Darvin Adams leaves Bomber practice early but said to be OK--Flanders not practicing but Trent Corney is.

Sounds like Flanders may miss some time. Good news on Corney!
bowlerdude

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2017, 05:08:57 PM »

yeah we need Adams, hope that's nothing bad

Corney practicing is a good sign though
66 Chevelle

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2017, 06:59:48 PM »

Maybe we ought to call the CFL Headquarters and just forfeit the rest of our games? We would such hate to be embarrassed by trotting out a group like that, geez... Better yet, how about we just send Nichols, Harris, Adams, and Poop out there and fire everyone else, all they do is get in these guys way anyway...

And while we're at it, lets fire all of those useless coaches who couldn't find talent if their life depended it on it! I mean look at them, tarnishing the reputation of the annual Grey Cup contending team! How dare they!

Win a game and everyone is the best, lose one and fire them all... always one extreme or other with you all...

You all go from cellar dweller for YEARS and now have the second best record in the CFL and a legit shot at a Cup, and all you can do is ***** about how terrible everyone is, except those players on somebody else's roster or waiting to be kicked off an NFL team... amazing... I'd hate to see how this group was back (last year and about the next 15 before that) when they actually sucked...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2017, 07:03:29 PM »

**** if thats what we trot out for a line-up on saturday the coaching staff should be shot. Hopefully it just a maintenance day for Adams

And with several receivers here now for a couple of weeks and significant NFL experience you would think that they could get into the line-up and be productive. Learning a playbook and the basic packages isn't that difficult. Especially at wideout....I question our staffs thought process and player preparation at times

One thing we know about O'Shea is that based on loyalty he doesn't make knee jerks decisions, so inserting a new player requires him to be disgruntled with a current player's play first, even if the replacement is obviously better.  It's not strictly the best player plays in his system.
BomberPride

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2017, 07:13:48 PM »

I think we have a good receiving corps. Look at the thread "Our receivers" to see how the rest of the corps stacks up.

From practice today:

- Corney, Feoli-Guidino, Wild back in practice.

- Lankford had the boosters on today. Sticky mitt catches and speed.

- L'Damian Washington was with first team offence, blended in nicely with some good grabs.

- Dressler sill not practicing but is running around on the sideline. Flanders dressed but not a participant.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
Realist

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2017, 07:24:49 PM »

Maybe we ought to call the CFL Headquarters and just forfeit the rest of our games? We would such hate to be embarrassed by trotting out a group like that, geez... Better yet, how about we just send Nichols, Harris, Adams, and Poop out there and fire everyone else, all they do is get in these guys way anyway...

And while we're at it, lets fire all of those useless coaches who couldn't find talent if their life depended it on it! I mean look at them, tarnishing the reputation of the annual Grey Cup contending team! How dare they!

Win a game and everyone is the best, lose one and fire them all... always one extreme or other with you all...

You all go from cellar dweller for YEARS and now have the second best record in the CFL and a legit shot at a Cup, and all you can do is ***** about how terrible everyone is, except those players on somebody else's roster or waiting to be kicked off an NFL team... amazing... I'd hate to see how this group was back (last year and about the next 15 before that) when they actually sucked...

Atta boy! We'll make a Winnipegger out of you yet...
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2017, 07:37:40 PM »

I'd hate to see how this group was back (last year and about the next 15 before that) when they actually sucked...

Are you the kind of guy that drives slowly by the scene of a train wreck to observe all the humanity? If so, coming to the forum 2 years ago could be right up your alley!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:46:39 PM by blue_or_die » Logged

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
66 Chevelle

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2017, 07:40:28 PM »

Are you the kind of guy that drives slowly by the scene of a train wreck to observe all the humanity? I so, coming to the forum 2 years ago could be right up your alley!

that right there... now that's funny... thank you for at least putting a smile back on my face... GO BOMBERS!

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2017, 07:48:18 PM »

that right there... now that's funny... thank you for at least putting a smile back on my face... GO BOMBERS!

lol. Hey so fill us in on the reaction of your brethren when the Chiefs lose a couple. Say, to Jacksonville or something. Similar situation to the Bombers...had glory decades ago, showed some flashes as of recent, and now look pretty unstoppable. I'm sure human psychology will prevail there.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2017, 08:01:27 PM »

Well there are a few posters who aren't satisfied regardless of our progress as opposed to some years when there was a lot more moaning and whining....albeit being cup less for going on 3 decades (but who's counting eh?) creates an atmosphere of negativity!   The Bomber fans for their part have stood by this team through many many seasons of disappointment and so have many of the posters on this forum.   Albeit there will always be those who are discontent with one aspect or another the mainstay of posts are generally insightful.   In your remarks you are painting us all with one brush which is somewhat harsh.....perhaps not your intentions, however this was the implication when you choose words like "all of you" in more than one instance.  This is what the words mean regardless of the intent.

I have been on and off this forum for at least 7 years and this season I actually found the commentary to be generally constructive and have stayed to share in the discourse and debate.   There are many excellent posters on this site who have experience as both players and coaches and then there are simply loyal fans who follow the Bombers religiously some even longer than I have which is going on 60 years.  

I generally like what you post and have said so however and even apologized for misreading an isolated post or two....however when you go out if your way to chastise "all of you" I take umbrage because I'm one of those "you alls".  Perhaps I tend to overthink your choice of words and perhaps you don't really care what I think or say....however I will continue to speak up when I read any post which sticks in my craw even though you have requested that I NOT comment on your posts!  

On another front I'm hoping Washington works out and becomes a star receiver for us!!!   I think we both want that too which is something we actually have in common.

Peace!  

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2017, 08:07:05 PM »

Are you the kind of guy that drives slowly by the scene of a train wreck to observe all the humanity? If so, coming to the forum 2 years ago could be right up your alley!
Cheesy

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
gbill2004

« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2017, 08:27:08 PM »

Don't even mention the Tim Burke era. 
Blue72

« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2017, 08:40:24 PM »

Most games Lapo picks 3 main receivers to go to, usually Adams, Harris and ?. But this game coming up there might not be Adams, Flanders and i'm not sure if Harris is at 100% not being used much last game. So who do you think the #1 and 2 guys for Lapo will be if Harris is covered like a blanket. Denmark is good but only used 1/2 dozen times per game, and so far it looks like 2 Nat receivers. Does MOS or Lapo go with 2 Nats and 1 Nat backup against BC or put Givens as a DI in case Adams doesn't play?

Does anyone know if the new guys look any good during practice yet.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: