Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2017, 06:51:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice updates - week 17  (Read 3859 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2017, 08:41:57 PM »

Most games Lapo picks 3 main receivers to go to, usually Adams, Harris and ?. But this game coming up there might not be Adams, Flanders and i'm not sure if Harris is at 100% not being used much last game. So who do you think the #1 and 2 guys for Lapo will be if Harris is covered like a blanket. Denmark is good but only used 1/2 dozen times per game, and so far it looks like 2 Nat receivers. Does MOS or Lapo go with 2 Nats and 1 Nat backup against BC or put Givens as a DI in case Adams doesn't play?

Does anyone know if the new guys look any good during practice yet.
Nichols Picks the receivers to go to, based on what the D is giving him. 
BomberPride

« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2017, 09:06:45 PM »

The only player that might not be in on Saturday is Flanders. In which case, 2 NAT receivers may fill in. That being said, Feoli- Guidino and Coates looked good in practice this week.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2017, 09:42:39 PM »

Don't even mention the Tim Burke era. 
then there's the Zaleski era....Reinbold.....Kelly....major train wrecks

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
RebusRankin

« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2017, 09:57:20 PM »

That game where he had Boltus in still gives me nightmares.
gbill2004

« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2017, 09:59:13 PM »

That game where he had Boltus in still gives me nightmares.
Yep that was rock bottom. Boltus made Brohm look like Peyton Manning in his prime.
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2017, 11:38:17 PM »

And to think that barely even a season and a half. Cheesy

It did feel like an eternity at the time, though.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2017, 12:59:40 AM »

Sorry guys...I'm thrilled about how well we are doing...
But that receiving corps of ours...yeesh...
The Adams family...without him, we got nadda...

yup Dress sucks, Denny is washed up and our prospects and Canadians are terrible  Huh

get a grip

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2017, 01:01:51 AM »

I think Denmark speed wise is actually among the fastest players in the league, we've just never fully utilized his speed, never shown anyone his speed. His best ever yardage season back in 2014 he had over 1000 yards and 11 catches over 30 yards. The CFL lists BIG PLAYS as catches over 30 yards. In 2014 he led the league in 30 yard catches. Typically the top 10 WR in the CFL will have 10+ 30 yrd catches a season and for the record Darvin Adams is #2 in the league in those with 11. Keep in mind we do have 4 games left and when trying to connect on those "BIG PLAYS" its a lower percentage pass. CFL QB's have a completion % between 25.7 -47.1% on passes over 20 yards.

....Nichols has the most TD tosses in the league on passes over 20 yards.

this post warms my heart

pjrocksmb

« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2017, 01:09:12 AM »

Kyries Herbert is a guy that could be a nice pickup for our play off run. At 37 he is still playing at a very high level, and is great at stopping the run.

people roasted him as he left WPG and has been a continues to be a beast

M.O.A.B.

« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2017, 01:29:31 AM »

Sorry guys...I'm thrilled about how well we are doing...
But that receiving corps of ours...yeesh...
The Adams family...without him, we got nadda...

bigbuff is washed up too
dd

« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2017, 01:35:05 AM »

people roasted him as he left WPG and has been a continues to be a beast
He is one mean SOB. I'd pick him up in a heartbeat, WILL LB for sure, possibly MAC, he's intense and we could use some of that in the middle of the field!!!
gbill2004

« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2017, 01:36:16 AM »

He is one mean SOB. I'd pick him up in a heartbeat, WILL LB for sure, possibly MAC, he's intense and we could use some of that in the middle of the field!!!
Kyries Hebert is also a woman beater. Zero chance the Bombers sign him.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2017, 02:42:34 AM »

Well there are a few posters who aren't satisfied regardless of our progress as opposed to some years when there was a lot more moaning and whining....albeit being cup less for going on 3 decades (but who's counting eh?) creates an atmosphere of negativity!   The Bomber fans for their part have stood by this team through many many seasons of disappointment and so have many of the posters on this forum.   Albeit there will always be those who are discontent with one aspect or another the mainstay of posts are generally insightful.   In your remarks you are painting us all with one brush which is somewhat harsh.....perhaps not your intentions, however this was the implication when you choose words like "all of you" in more than one instance.  This is what the words mean regardless of the intent.

I have been on and off this forum for at least 7 years and this season I actually found the commentary to be generally constructive and have stayed to share in the discourse and debate.   There are many excellent posters on this site who have experience as both players and coaches and then there are simply loyal fans who follow the Bombers religiously some even longer than I have which is going on 60 years.  

I generally like what you post and have said so however and even apologized for misreading an isolated post or two....however when you go out if your way to chastise "all of you" I take umbrage because I'm one of those "you alls".  Perhaps I tend to overthink your choice of words and perhaps you don't really care what I think or say....however I will continue to speak up when I read any post which sticks in my craw even though you have requested that I NOT comment on your posts!  

On another front I'm hoping Washington works out and becomes a star receiver for us!!!   I think we both want that too which is something we actually have in common.

Peace!  

Lincoln, you know that I haven't nothing but mad love for you my friend! And it wasn't my intent to paint everyone with a broad brush. You tend to lean towards the other end of the spectrum, more positive and supportive of the team. More specifically, I wasn't including you in 'you all', and if you feel I was, I apologize. In fact, if you have been a Bomber fan for 60 years, I'll give you a pass on anything you say, lol... But to those that feel guilty, I probably was speaking to you, lol...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2017, 03:02:11 AM »

lol. Hey so fill us in on the reaction of your brethren when the Chiefs lose a couple. Say, to Jacksonville or something. Similar situation to the Bombers...had glory decades ago, showed some flashes as of recent, and now look pretty unstoppable. I'm sure human psychology will prevail there.

here's the thing with us Chiefs fans, especially after not going to the big show for almost 50 years, we know that even when  have a good team that we are going to choke somewhere along the line before the playoffs and lose at LEAST 1 game that we shouldn't. Kind of like the Hamilton game, to a team we shouldn't of had a problem with. More so though, we also know that we can have the best regular season record and still be 'one and done' in the playoffs. I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't shock us, or even really disappoint us, as we have kind of grown to expect it.

A typical Chief fan's conversation kind of goes like this; 'hey, the team is looking good this year', 'yeah, really good', 'but you know we're going to blow it in the playoffs', 'I know, but we'll get'em next year'... But we never seem to blame the individual players, usually just the opposite, and view it more like it just wasn't meant to be, lol... It was brutal a couple of years ago in the playoffs when we had the Colts down something like 28 pts and they came back and beat us...

However, that's been changing as of late, mostly because of Any Reid. He's been cultivating an environment of higher expectations and giving us a glimmer of hope that it's possible, soon... It's a lot tougher being a Missouri Tiger fan, lol... it can be tough to be bad, know you're bad, and then lose a game that everyone actually picks you to win, lol...

But you know what is even worse? As I've stated before, I love football and follow it all the way down to the high school level here in Missouri. Well, for almost 20 our local high school team was a powerhouse, winning a state championship, returning to the championship game several times, district winner almost annually and really just whooping everyone we played, badly. It got to the point that we had to schedule teams over 120 miles from our school, or from out of state from time to time, to fill out our schedule. Well, those days are gone, lol, and all of those that we USE TO thump regularly, well they're giving it back to us now in spades, and loving it... But, I still go every Friday night and support the boys on the field... My nephew is a sophomore this year and playing running back, they've only won 1 game this year, waiting for next year already, lol...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2017, 04:21:26 AM »

here's the thing with us Chiefs fans, especially after not going to the big show for almost 50 years, we know that even when  have a good team that we are going to choke somewhere along the line before the playoffs and lose at LEAST 1 game that we shouldn't. Kind of like the Hamilton game, to a team we shouldn't of had a problem with. More so though, we also know that we can have the best regular season record and still be 'one and done' in the playoffs. I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't shock us, or even really disappoint us, as we have kind of grown to expect it.

A typical Chief fan's conversation kind of goes like this; 'hey, the team is looking good this year', 'yeah, really good', 'but you know we're going to blow it in the playoffs', 'I know, but we'll get'em next year'... But we never seem to blame the individual players, usually just the opposite, and view it more like it just wasn't meant to be, lol... It was brutal a couple of years ago in the playoffs when we had the Colts down something like 28 pts and they came back and beat us...

However, that's been changing as of late, mostly because of Any Reid. He's been cultivating an environment of higher expectations and giving us a glimmer of hope that it's possible, soon... It's a lot tougher being a Missouri Tiger fan, lol... it can be tough to be bad, know you're bad, and then lose a game that everyone actually picks you to win, lol...

But you know what is even worse? As I've stated before, I love football and follow it all the way down to the high school level here in Missouri. Well, for almost 20 our local high school team was a powerhouse, winning a state championship, returning to the championship game several times, district winner almost annually and really just whooping everyone we played, badly. It got to the point that we had to schedule teams over 120 miles from our school, or from out of state from time to time, to fill out our schedule. Well, those days are gone, lol, and all of those that we USE TO thump regularly, well they're giving it back to us now in spades, and loving it... But, I still go every Friday night and support the boys on the field... My nephew is a sophomore this year and playing running back, they've only won 1 game this year, waiting for next year already, lol...

Chiefs Kingdom. One day. If they ever do win, the floodgates could open and they could go on a run. At least we had the Royals in 2015. Would have never expected the Royals to win before the Chiefs.

NEXT YEAR XXVI
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: