Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2017, 06:50:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice updates - week 17  (Read 3855 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2017, 11:28:07 AM »

Denny is too old and small to be returning kicks.  While he could do it, I think it would put him at unnecessary risk of injury.

I can't make the game this week but this all looks to be very positive.  Big game for the Bombers.  Hope Harris can get his 100 x 2 yards Smiley

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2017, 12:59:13 PM »

Denny is too old and small to be returning kicks.  While he could do it, I think it would put him at unnecessary risk of injury.

I can't make the game this week but this all looks to be very positive.  Big game for the Bombers.  Hope Harris can get his 100 x 2 yards Smiley
Harris usually gets pretty fired up playing his old team so hoping he has a productive day....the Bombers offence seem to roll when Harris is producing.....

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
booch

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2017, 03:19:45 PM »

much smaller kick returners in the league past and present than Denmark...not sure what you mean by that.
And age...not really an issue either...Logan seems to do just fine at his advanced age
The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2017, 03:29:13 PM »

much smaller kick returners in the league past and present than Denmark...not sure what you mean by that.
And age...not really an issue either...Logan seems to do just fine at his advanced age

Denmark doesn't have the speed like some of the small returners...he isn't close to Banks, that guy from Toronto etc....

If all you want is a guy to catch the ball and get 5-10 yards then you can put many people back there including Denmark..
gbill2004

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2017, 03:30:18 PM »

Denmark doesn't have the speed like some of the small returners...he isn't close to Banks, that guy from Toronto etc....

If all you want is a guy to catch the ball and get 5-10 yards then you can put many people back there including Denmark..
JFG returned kicks last year or the year before, and it wasn't pretty. 
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2017, 03:33:28 PM »

JFG returned kicks last year or the year before, and it wasn't pretty. 
Yikes....yep he ain't no Gizmo....lol

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
The Zipp

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2017, 03:44:37 PM »

Darrin Bauming‏ @DarrinBauming  3m3 minutes ago
More
Timothy Flanders and Trent Corney are again non-participants at #Bombers practice today. Mike Miller is practicing again.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2017, 03:53:05 PM »

Ed Tait‏ @EdTaitWFC 13m13 minutes ago
Matt Nichols is still wearing GLOVE on throwing hand, but zipping passes at #Bombers practice

Ed Tait‏ @EdTaitWFC 23m23 minutes ago
Terrence Edwards who will be formally inducted into the #Bombers HOF tonight, is here at practice this morning

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
booch

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2017, 03:58:12 PM »

Actually Denmark is probably in top 3 guys in speed on the team to be honest. Was clocked in 4.3 range for his 40 and I doubt has lost much if anything. Also he is probably the best, or one of the best in the entire league in adjusting routes/patterns and changing direction without having to gear down in speed.
The Zipp

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2017, 04:14:06 PM »

Actually Denmark is probably in top 3 guys in speed on the team to be honest. Was clocked in 4.3 range for his 40 and I doubt has lost much if anything. Also he is probably the best, or one of the best in the entire league in adjusting routes/patterns and changing direction without having to gear down in speed.

was comparing him to the ultra speedy guys some teams have at returner...Denmark isn't like those guys who can make you miss on a dime then burst through a hole with an extra gear...he is fine for receiver - he would score more TD's if he could stay on his feet after making the long catch.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2017, 04:18:43 PM »

was comparing him to the ultra speedy guys some teams have at returner...Denmark isn't like those guys who can make you miss on a dime then burst through a hole with an extra gear...he is fine for receiver - he would score more TD's if he could stay on his feet after making the long catch.

Like that dude from the Ti-Cats? lol... now that guy is a speedster...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2017, 04:52:32 PM »

I think Denmark speed wise is actually among the fastest players in the league, we've just never fully utilized his speed, never shown anyone his speed. His best ever yardage season back in 2014 he had over 1000 yards and 11 catches over 30 yards. The CFL lists BIG PLAYS as catches over 30 yards. In 2014 he led the league in 30 yard catches. Typically the top 10 WR in the CFL will have 10+ 30 yrd catches a season and for the record Darvin Adams is #2 in the league in those with 11. Keep in mind we do have 4 games left and when trying to connect on those "BIG PLAYS" its a lower percentage pass. CFL QB's have a completion % between 25.7 -47.1% on passes over 20 yards.

....Nichols has the most TD tosses in the league on passes over 20 yards.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
booch

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2017, 05:13:40 PM »

watch on a deep ball...most of he long ones he catches he has to stop to get it..or come back somewhat to make the catch as he has outrun the ball's trajectory..and a lot of times is a reason he gets taken down or seems to be falling after catch...he has to re-adjust to get the ball. I agree too...he has been under-utilized for years.

And have you ever seen him caught by a DB??
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2017, 05:56:04 PM »

Ed Tait‏ @EdTaitWFC 13m13 minutes ago
Matt Nichols is still wearing GLOVE on throwing hand, but zipping passes at #Bombers practice

Ed Tait‏ @EdTaitWFC 23m23 minutes ago
Terrence Edwards who will be formally inducted into the #Bombers HOF tonight, is here at practice this morning

tonight?

Is there the dinner or something?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2017, 05:59:20 PM »

Kyries Herbert is a guy that could be a nice pickup for our play off run. At 37 he is still playing at a very high level, and is great at stopping the run.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: