Blue Bombers Forum
December 11, 2017, 04:11:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to Nichols?  (Read 2438 times)
kkc60

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 04:29:50 AM »

If he was tougher he would of put the team on his back and made the game closer than it was.......it was a little finger nail issue...sheeeesh suck it up an get out there
Yeah. Worst case scenario he makes his hand worse and it actually keeps him out of more than a half of football 
TecnoGenius

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 10:28:17 AM »

I'm nearly positive he didn't "lose a fingernail"!  There was one good closeup of the bleeding nail on the sidelines and I'm nearly positive (99%) that the nail was there.  If it wasn't, the whole pad would be bleeding and very red.  It was white.  It looked like he simply got the skin smashed up at the cuticle, and that was bleeding.

If his nail was off completely, he would have come out immediately and not gone back in.  Do you have any idea how much pain that causes?

I'm also doubtful there is a fracture.  Again, he would have shown more pain and issues in the subsequent plays.

I think they took him out to not exacerbate the problem/bleeding and because when they pulled him they knew it was a losing game.  HAM showed up, Masoli was in the zone, and WPG wasn't prepared.  I think we lose that one even with Nichols.  Take Nichols out before he gets hurt worse in this nothing game.  Save him for what counts, the W matchups.
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 11:39:13 AM »

I'm nearly positive he didn't "lose a fingernail"!  There was one good closeup of the bleeding nail on the sidelines and I'm nearly positive (99%) that the nail was there.  If it wasn't, the whole pad would be bleeding and very red.  It was white.  It looked like he simply got the skin smashed up at the cuticle, and that was bleeding.

If his nail was off completely, he would have come out immediately and not gone back in.  Do you have any idea how much pain that causes?

I'm also doubtful there is a fracture.  Again, he would have shown more pain and issues in the subsequent plays.

I think they took him out to not exacerbate the problem/bleeding and because when they pulled him they knew it was a losing game.  HAM showed up, Masoli was in the zone, and WPG wasn't prepared.  I think we lose that one even with Nichols.  Take Nichols out before he gets hurt worse in this nothing game.  Save him for what counts, the W matchups.

I agree that the nail was still there but blood was all around it.  It might fall off later.  I'm assuming his finger got all swollen and lost feeling making good throws tough to do.  Hopefully he can heal up fast.

As for Dom,  I think they need to make the call soon if he's starting rather than waiting till later in the week.  And if he is, make the game plan accordingly.  Have him moving around a lot more to give him time to see the field.  Use those young health legs.  And lots of dump passes to Harris and Flanders.
gbill2004

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 12:00:25 PM »

Bob Irving and Doug Brown said it was his nail that came off during the post game show.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 09:24:13 PM »

Bob Irving and Doug Brown said it was his nail that came off during the post game show.

I listened to that and they sounded like they were speculating.  I don't think either had any extra information we didn't.

I'm pretty sure the nail was intact, didn't fall off, and won't fall off.  I think the skin above the nail got seriously damaged, hence all the blood gushing at that spot only.  I hope I'm right and that's all it is!!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 11:06:46 PM »

I imagine we will get an update tomorrow....losing a nail is pretty painful and try throwing a foot ball without one sometime! 

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
DM83

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 03:32:53 AM »

So he broke a nail, and he couldn't play??.?. Was there a penalty?
Too funny. Star quarterback breaks nail, comes out of close game, didn't want to damage the gloss in nearby ones.

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 04:07:30 AM »

So he broke a nail, and he couldn't play??.?. Was there a penalty?
Too funny. Star quarterback breaks nail, comes out of close game, didn't want to damage the gloss in nearby ones.

.   Cheesy Cheesy

fuzzy

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 04:10:09 AM »

I'm still surprised that they didn't go with Lefevour at some point in the game considering how much more playing experience he's had in the league and his mobility.  Davis earned number 2 in training camp but that was 4 months ago.

Please ignore all notices until further notice.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 04:24:36 AM »

I'm still surprised that they didn't go with Lefevour at some point in the game considering how much more playing experience he's had in the league and his mobility.  Davis earned number 2 in training camp but that was 4 months ago.
Hes gotten some reps coming in on 3rd and short or near the goal line.  He has good size and deceptive speed....unfortunately his throwing arm isn't keeping up with his legs.  Might be good to change things up though with him running some plays.   I'm still praying Nichols can play even if he's not quite 100%.....to be realistic, he's our best shot at winning at the moment and into the playoffs...or beyond....dare I dream!!!

swansong

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 04:26:31 AM »

Hes gotten some reps coming in on 3rd and short or near the goal line.  He has good size and deceptive speed....unfortunately his throwing arm isn't keeping up with his legs.  Might be good to change things up though with him running some plays.   I'm still praying Nichols can play even if he's not quite 100%.....to be realistic, he's our best shot at winning at the moment and into the playoffs...or beyond....dare I dream!!!

Seen that mentioned a few times but how do we know. I can't recall seeing him throw more than once or twice this year.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 05:17:17 AM »

Seen that mentioned a few times but how do we know. I can't recall seeing him throw more than once or twice this year.
They were using DL on short yardage situations and then immediately after making the first down they left him in to run a set passing play.....which wasn't always successful.  It's a great plan if you execute but it wasn't happening that much if I recall.   Still.....you're right we haven't seen him throw many balls in games for us.  What are the reports from people watching practices or training camp?   DD does seem to be able to run and throw on the run which is a great asset for any QB especially in this league.   

TecnoGenius

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 05:47:49 AM »

Interesting: I'd say Dom Davis on Friday looked as good (or better) than Franklin did @MTL today.  Granted, MTL was on-and-off rain, but still...
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 05:57:09 AM »

We will lose the rest of our games without Nichols.  We do need a solid backup that can win games. 
gbill2004

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »

I imagine we will get an update tomorrow....losing a nail is pretty painful and try throwing a foot ball without one sometime! 
Didn't Ryan Smith miss a game or two because of a broken finger nail? 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: