Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 12:32:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers response after a humiliating loss.  (Read 1687 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 09:33:26 PM »

Ran better than Matt does....did the hook slide better too, just too early lol

Yeh sure short leash or even start Lefevour if Matt was ever to be out a game. And would it be considered "development time"', or would it be "show us what you can do" time, so the Bombers can really decide who goes in if there was absolutely no other choice cause Matt was done....jus saying it has happened to many teams in the past...

It appeared to me DanLa can't really throw the ball anymore he if ever really could. He was scary bad in his arrempts this year.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 09:57:47 PM »

It appeared to me DanLa can't really throw the ball anymore he if ever really could. He was scary bad in his arrempts this year.

Was he ?.....dang I got pay better attention....
gbill2004

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »

He definitely doesn't have a strong arm.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 10:22:20 PM »

He definitely doesn't have a strong arm.

K so Dom first if we gotta, and if he **** the bed Dan gets a shot.....after a game like that we start shopping for another back up QB.....lol
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:56:14 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 11:35:49 PM »

He had chances to run, and he didn't....   or he didn't very well.

Look...   I know he was put in a difficult position...   But he has been around for 2 years....   When he gets his chance he has to be ready, and he didn't look very good.  If Nichols can't go, put Dom in with a full week of practice, but have him on a short leash.  Personally I feel Lefevour can do better and he is experienced.  We are in a battle for 2nd Place....   maybe first, and this is not QB development time
I agree 100%. Davis has been here for 3 years now. Yeah coming in to a game at the half is tough but that's what being a backup QB is. If Nichols can't go I hope Dom starts but LeFevour is experienced enough that if Davis struggles, you can swap. We are in too tight of a race to be patient with our backup, especially one that's been here for a few years now 
Tiger

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2017, 02:58:17 AM »

I agree 100%. Davis has been here for 3 years now. Yeah coming in to a game at the half is tough but that's what being a backup QB is. If Nichols can't go I hope Dom starts but LeFevour is experienced enough that if Davis struggles, you can swap. We are in too tight of a race to be patient with our backup, especially one that's been here for a few years now 

Exactly.  Davis is an amazing athlete with not the best football sense.  They have obviously been working with him.  Hook slide was not part of his repertoire.  They were awkward and early.  Also he did not just take off and start running.  Also we all complain about developing a QB - we are developing a QB.

Love Lefevour now and in college.  Fast, tough, athletic but unlike Davis does not have the arm strength to throw deep or on the run.   Also because is is a good runner he tends to take off when maybe he should not.  Many thought he could start in the NFL.   We will see but both have potential.

Not too many Lulay, Tate or Franklin be around.  And really are these guys that great? Maybe Lulay but he is injured again. 

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
gbill2004

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 10:40:49 AM »

Yep, Davis should be next man up, but in my opinion should be on a short leash because Lefevour is a legit backup QB.  Of course this will all be a non-issue when Nichols starts this week  Wink
GCn17

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »

Not just this year, every year. Dan is known for having a mush arm. It's what has kept him from being a starter in this league.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
gbill2004

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 11:24:55 AM »

Dan can scramble, run, throw in the run, and is decent with the intermediate passes.  But when he goes deep his accuracy is unpredictable.  I think he'd do okay in Lapo's offense. 
rubanski

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 07:45:48 PM »

they will respond

Hammy is better than there record

They played well and out coached us as well

We looked bad but it's only one game, it happens

Agree. But Our D was also badly outplayed by a mediocre offence.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2017, 02:27:52 AM »

Exactly.  Davis is an amazing athlete with not the best football sense.  They have obviously been working with him.  Hook slide was not part of his repertoire.  They were awkward and early.  Also he did not just take off and start running.  Also we all complain about developing a QB - we are developing a QB.

Love Lefevour now and in college.  Fast, tough, athletic but unlike Davis does not have the arm strength to throw deep or on the run.   Also because is is a good runner he tends to take off when maybe he should not.  Many thought he could start in the NFL.   We will see but both have potential.

Not too many Lulay, Tate or Franklin be around.  And really are these guys that great? Maybe Lulay but he is injured again. 

Davis looked a lot more hesitant than he did in the pre-season but that may have to do more with sticking with LaPo's ball security offence than on his talent as a gunslinger.  He had nothing to lose so I kind of  wish he would have pushed more of his throws as he definitely has the arm strength to fire bullets or throw the long ball. 

As for LeFevour he is more of a sandlot QB that thrives on broken plays and throwing on the roll or taking off.  Again probably not the best fit to execute LaPo's offence but if they let him play his style he could probably beat any team in the league at least once on his athleticism alone.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2017, 03:52:58 AM »

Davis looked a lot more hesitant than he did in the pre-season but that may have to do more with sticking with LaPo's ball security offence than on his talent as a gunslinger.  He had nothing to lose so I kind of  wish he would have pushed more of his throws as he definitely has the arm strength to fire bullets or throw the long ball. 

He was doing what he was told by his coaches.....sounds like a team player......now we just gotta see the game day where MOS tells him to go out there and have fun and show us what he can do.....

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2017, 05:32:29 AM »

He was doing what he was told by his coaches.....sounds like a team player......now we just gotta see the game day where MOS tells him to go out there and have fun and show us what he can do.....

Sure thing, I hope you're prepared to wait until shortly after the 12th of Never for that day to arrive.  The Bomber offence and the play calling is designed around Nichols strengths, Davis has to adapt his game to meet that criteria whether it suits his talents or not. 
bluebeard

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »

If Tate and Franklin are on that list,  think that Bridge could also be.  He is playing out his option and has looked decent this year.
bowlerdude

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2017, 12:09:15 PM »

If Tate and Franklin are on that list,  think that Bridge could also be.  He is playing out his option and has looked decent this year.

Agreed. I'd be willing to call Bridge either the best or second best backup in the CFL right now (given Lulay is hurt). He did have a bit of a rough time when he came off the bench against us in the Banjo Bowl, but he's been nothing but impressive every other time out and lead the Riders to a couple wins. Probably should be the starter instead of Glenn, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is the starter there next year.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: