Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 12:34:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers response after a humiliating loss.  (Read 1689 times)
fansince79

« on: October 07, 2017, 07:12:59 PM »

Going into the upcoming game against Lions how the Bombers respond is going to speak volumes on if this team is going to make a run in the playoffs. IMO. The Hammy game was embarrassing, 10-3 Vs. 3-10 and you tried to mail it in. If the Bombers are as good as their record, even an average performance by the Bombers would have made it an easy win. No excuses for that kind of showing.
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:34:54 PM »

Last night's loss should be a serious wake-up call for the team going into the final four games of the season.

Then again, I thought the team knew what was up for grabs going into last night's game... So, I dunno. Undecided

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 03:33:38 AM »

they will respond

Hammy is better than there record

They played well and out coached us as well

We looked bad but it's only one game, it happens

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 03:36:29 AM »

Being out coached is huge though ain't it?
66 Chevelle

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 03:40:40 AM »

and playing a team that has nothing to lose can be problematic as well... they take more chances and do more unpredictable things...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 03:47:14 AM »

Being out coached is huge though ain't it?

one thing that should be taken, or learned, from this game is that if your players are buying what you're selling the average player can become a good player. June Jones is turning this team around... Maybe after this game our D will see that they can't just rely on Magic Matt and the Mirical Machine to bail them out...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »

I 'think' that game really cost us any realistic chance at 1st in the West.  Too bad as it would have made the last game of the year a great one.  Now they really have to focus for the final stretch so they don't risk losing the chance to host the semi.
bwiser

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 03:32:37 PM »

The biggest problem with the Hamilton game was that the Tiger Cats were playing for their playoff lives while the game was almost meaningless for the Bombers.The Bombers will likely windup getting second place whether they won or lost that game.The chance of getting first was a longshot at best.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 03:42:47 PM »

The biggest problem with the Hamilton game was that the Tiger Cats were playing for their playoff lives while the game was almost meaningless for the Bombers.The Bombers will likely windup getting second place whether they won or lost that game.The chance of getting first was a longshot at best.

My math may be bad but if he bombers lose the last 4 all they get is the cross over. And losing all of the last 4 is not an impossibility by any stretch.

We have two against BC at home - and hopefully will win at least 1
We are at Toronto with Toronto needing the win same as us
We are in Calgary who will play backups however we have had zero success against the Stamps no matter who they field.
TBURGESS

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 03:56:03 PM »

I hate being 'That Guy', but chill folks. It's just one game. As long as we learn from it and play well again next week, no problem. If we lose to the Lions, who have only won once in the last 7 games, then we have a real problem.

Being right never gets old.
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 04:03:46 PM »

I hate being 'That Guy', but chill folks. It's just one game. As long as we learn from it and play well again next week, no problem. If we lose to the Lions, who have only won once in the last 7 games, then we have a real problem.
I'm now nervous for the BC game, worried how they respond.
the paw

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 04:46:28 PM »

I think I want to frame this post for posterity....

grab grass 'n growl
dd

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 05:13:44 PM »

Both the Lions and Bombers laid eggs in their last games. The Leo's had a 19 point lead and gassed the game vs Ottawa, and well, we know all about what we did. I think both teams are going to be anxious to get things going again. The Leo's will be more desparate as they can't afford to loose anymore games, whereas the Bombers aren't on the hot seat right now. I just hope they don't go into this funk at this time of the year thinking they don't have to win this game or that game, but we'll win when it counts as winning is not a tap you turn on and off, its a mindset and focus more than anything else, and we didn't look dialed in during the tabbie game.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 09:36:30 PM »

I'm now nervous for the BC game, worried how they respond.

For sure.  Why is it that we seem to catch every team coming off a bad loss and desperate for a win?  Argh.  If HAM had won vs TOR they probably wouldn't have been as fired up.  Really annoying.  Now we have the angry Lions to contend with.  Well, perhaps with the Lions that means Jennings just chuck deep INT's all night like he always does when he's desperate.  Hopefully we get 2nd half panic Jennings, not 1st half calm dink&dunk Jennings.
1chad

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 02:35:02 PM »

One game.  Don't panic.  The team will respond.  Waiting to hear the extent of our walking wounded.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 02:40:38 PM »

Without Nichols it's safe to say we lose because our D is not dominant.....

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 03:24:55 PM »

Without Nichols it's safe to say we lose because our D is not dominant.....

I think it would be fun to watch Dom play a whole game.
dd

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 04:08:49 PM »

You may just get your wish. If Nichols finger isn't 100%, Davis may start next game. Bombers don't 'need' to win this game, and to put Nichols at risk of further damaging his finger doesn't make sense playoff wise (he hurts it further and we're screwed!!), we'll see.....
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 06:00:47 PM »

It was no fun watching him play half a game.

NEXT YEAR XXVI
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 06:06:47 PM »

Give the guy a break no reps in practise what did you expect?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 06:17:06 PM »

That's because the majority of the team around him was sucking the whole game.....and his numbers were fair along with a couple of dropped balls by the receivers...An he runs better than matty-iceberg

Ps: I hope Matts finger is okay
jayrock

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 06:48:56 PM »

The bombers have not made the playoffs yet. They keep losing and they can kiss a home playoff game good bye. they had lots to play for. And still have lots to play for.

RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG
dd

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 07:19:58 PM »

Sure they do, somebody please tell them that!!! As the Ticats were clearly more instense in that game, and football is a game of intensity. Ticats are in a do or die situation and the bombers have to win one of their remaining games to get into the playoffs and they played like that
limodriver

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 08:27:49 PM »

Based on the 2nd half of the Hamilton game, I don't think so....
limodriver

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 08:29:20 PM »

As MOS would say, I would expect him to win the game....
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 08:36:27 PM »

Based on the 2nd half of the Hamilton game, I don't think so....

That's because the majority of the team around him was sucking the whole game.....and his numbers were fair along with a couple of dropped balls by the receivers...An he runs better than matty-iceberg

swansong

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 08:37:10 PM »

Then we have a management issue. To think you're gonna go a whole season without needing your backup to step up is naive at best.

Is there another team in the league whose backup has basically zero game experience?
tlf

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2017, 08:41:07 PM »

Maybe Lefevour but Davis..no thank you. But like someone else said, mOS would expect a win, and he should. It's your job to prepare yourself when your number is called..it was called and he wasn't prepared.  Lefevour if Nichols can't go.
limodriver

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2017, 09:17:39 PM »

He had chances to run, and he didn't....   or he didn't very well.

Look...   I know he was put in a difficult position...   But he has been around for 2 years....   When he gets his chance he has to be ready, and he didn't look very good.  If Nichols can't go, put Dom in with a full week of practice, but have him on a short leash.  Personally I feel Lefevour can do better and he is experienced.  We are in a battle for 2nd Place....   maybe first, and this is not QB development time
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 09:25:28 PM »

He had chances to run, and he didn't....   or he didn't very well.

Look...   I know he was put in a difficult position...   But he has been around for 2 years....   When he gets his chance he has to be ready, and he didn't look very good.  If Nichols can't go, put Dom in with a full week of practice, but have him on a short leash.  Personally I feel Lefevour can do better and he is experienced.  We are in a battle for 2nd Place....   maybe first, and this is not QB development time

Ran better than Matt does....did the hook slide better too, just too early lol

Yeh sure short leash or even start Lefevour if Matt was ever to be out a game. And would it be considered "development time"', or would it be "show us what you can do" time, so the Bombers can really decide who goes in if there was absolutely no other choice cause Matt was done....jus saying it has happened to many teams in the past...
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 09:33:26 PM »

Ran better than Matt does....did the hook slide better too, just too early lol

Yeh sure short leash or even start Lefevour if Matt was ever to be out a game. And would it be considered "development time"', or would it be "show us what you can do" time, so the Bombers can really decide who goes in if there was absolutely no other choice cause Matt was done....jus saying it has happened to many teams in the past...

It appeared to me DanLa can't really throw the ball anymore he if ever really could. He was scary bad in his arrempts this year.

NorthernSkunk

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 09:57:47 PM »

It appeared to me DanLa can't really throw the ball anymore he if ever really could. He was scary bad in his arrempts this year.

Was he ?.....dang I got pay better attention....
gbill2004

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »

He definitely doesn't have a strong arm.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 10:22:20 PM »

He definitely doesn't have a strong arm.

K so Dom first if we gotta, and if he **** the bed Dan gets a shot.....after a game like that we start shopping for another back up QB.....lol
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:56:14 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 11:35:49 PM »

He had chances to run, and he didn't....   or he didn't very well.

Look...   I know he was put in a difficult position...   But he has been around for 2 years....   When he gets his chance he has to be ready, and he didn't look very good.  If Nichols can't go, put Dom in with a full week of practice, but have him on a short leash.  Personally I feel Lefevour can do better and he is experienced.  We are in a battle for 2nd Place....   maybe first, and this is not QB development time
I agree 100%. Davis has been here for 3 years now. Yeah coming in to a game at the half is tough but that's what being a backup QB is. If Nichols can't go I hope Dom starts but LeFevour is experienced enough that if Davis struggles, you can swap. We are in too tight of a race to be patient with our backup, especially one that's been here for a few years now 
Tiger

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2017, 02:58:17 AM »

I agree 100%. Davis has been here for 3 years now. Yeah coming in to a game at the half is tough but that's what being a backup QB is. If Nichols can't go I hope Dom starts but LeFevour is experienced enough that if Davis struggles, you can swap. We are in too tight of a race to be patient with our backup, especially one that's been here for a few years now 

Exactly.  Davis is an amazing athlete with not the best football sense.  They have obviously been working with him.  Hook slide was not part of his repertoire.  They were awkward and early.  Also he did not just take off and start running.  Also we all complain about developing a QB - we are developing a QB.

Love Lefevour now and in college.  Fast, tough, athletic but unlike Davis does not have the arm strength to throw deep or on the run.   Also because is is a good runner he tends to take off when maybe he should not.  Many thought he could start in the NFL.   We will see but both have potential.

Not too many Lulay, Tate or Franklin be around.  And really are these guys that great? Maybe Lulay but he is injured again. 

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
gbill2004

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 10:40:49 AM »

Yep, Davis should be next man up, but in my opinion should be on a short leash because Lefevour is a legit backup QB.  Of course this will all be a non-issue when Nichols starts this week  Wink
GCn17

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »

Not just this year, every year. Dan is known for having a mush arm. It's what has kept him from being a starter in this league.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
gbill2004

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 11:24:55 AM »

Dan can scramble, run, throw in the run, and is decent with the intermediate passes.  But when he goes deep his accuracy is unpredictable.  I think he'd do okay in Lapo's offense. 
rubanski

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 07:45:48 PM »

they will respond

Hammy is better than there record

They played well and out coached us as well

We looked bad but it's only one game, it happens

Agree. But Our D was also badly outplayed by a mediocre offence.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2017, 02:27:52 AM »

Exactly.  Davis is an amazing athlete with not the best football sense.  They have obviously been working with him.  Hook slide was not part of his repertoire.  They were awkward and early.  Also he did not just take off and start running.  Also we all complain about developing a QB - we are developing a QB.

Love Lefevour now and in college.  Fast, tough, athletic but unlike Davis does not have the arm strength to throw deep or on the run.   Also because is is a good runner he tends to take off when maybe he should not.  Many thought he could start in the NFL.   We will see but both have potential.

Not too many Lulay, Tate or Franklin be around.  And really are these guys that great? Maybe Lulay but he is injured again. 

Davis looked a lot more hesitant than he did in the pre-season but that may have to do more with sticking with LaPo's ball security offence than on his talent as a gunslinger.  He had nothing to lose so I kind of  wish he would have pushed more of his throws as he definitely has the arm strength to fire bullets or throw the long ball. 

As for LeFevour he is more of a sandlot QB that thrives on broken plays and throwing on the roll or taking off.  Again probably not the best fit to execute LaPo's offence but if they let him play his style he could probably beat any team in the league at least once on his athleticism alone.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2017, 03:52:58 AM »

Davis looked a lot more hesitant than he did in the pre-season but that may have to do more with sticking with LaPo's ball security offence than on his talent as a gunslinger.  He had nothing to lose so I kind of  wish he would have pushed more of his throws as he definitely has the arm strength to fire bullets or throw the long ball. 

He was doing what he was told by his coaches.....sounds like a team player......now we just gotta see the game day where MOS tells him to go out there and have fun and show us what he can do.....

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2017, 05:32:29 AM »

He was doing what he was told by his coaches.....sounds like a team player......now we just gotta see the game day where MOS tells him to go out there and have fun and show us what he can do.....

Sure thing, I hope you're prepared to wait until shortly after the 12th of Never for that day to arrive.  The Bomber offence and the play calling is designed around Nichols strengths, Davis has to adapt his game to meet that criteria whether it suits his talents or not. 
bluebeard

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »

If Tate and Franklin are on that list,  think that Bridge could also be.  He is playing out his option and has looked decent this year.
bowlerdude

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2017, 12:09:15 PM »

If Tate and Franklin are on that list,  think that Bridge could also be.  He is playing out his option and has looked decent this year.

Agreed. I'd be willing to call Bridge either the best or second best backup in the CFL right now (given Lulay is hurt). He did have a bit of a rough time when he came off the bench against us in the Banjo Bowl, but he's been nothing but impressive every other time out and lead the Riders to a couple wins. Probably should be the starter instead of Glenn, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is the starter there next year.
theaardvark

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »

Agreed. I'd be willing to call Bridge either the best or second best backup in the CFL right now (given Lulay is hurt). He did have a bit of a rough time when he came off the bench against us in the Banjo Bowl, but he's been nothing but impressive every other time out and lead the Riders to a couple wins. Probably should be the starter instead of Glenn, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is the starter there next year.

I think Glenn reclaimed his title as "best insurance policy" last game...  if Jones doesn't start Bridge, he's... well... still an idiot.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
lenny

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2017, 08:04:39 PM »

One game.  Don't panic.  The team will respond.  Waiting to hear the extent of our walking wounded.

Famous last words when Eskie fans stated that with their first loss after going 7 straight wins. Then the avalanche of losses started. Just saying. Tongue
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2017, 09:59:02 PM »

Famous last words when Eskie fans stated that with their first loss after going 7 straight wins. Then the avalanche of losses started. Just saying. Tongue

A run of 6 losses now would pretty much end the season eh...
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2017, 11:33:25 PM »

What do you mean Just Sayin'?

You're saying we suck now?

You're not just sayin'! Your implying something, what is it?

Or just trolling?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: