Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 01:47:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers response after a humiliating loss.  (Read 1682 times)
fansince79

« on: October 07, 2017, 07:12:59 PM »

Going into the upcoming game against Lions how the Bombers respond is going to speak volumes on if this team is going to make a run in the playoffs. IMO. The Hammy game was embarrassing, 10-3 Vs. 3-10 and you tried to mail it in. If the Bombers are as good as their record, even an average performance by the Bombers would have made it an easy win. No excuses for that kind of showing.
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:34:54 PM »

Last night's loss should be a serious wake-up call for the team going into the final four games of the season.

Then again, I thought the team knew what was up for grabs going into last night's game... So, I dunno. Undecided

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 03:33:38 AM »

they will respond

Hammy is better than there record

They played well and out coached us as well

We looked bad but it's only one game, it happens

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 03:36:29 AM »

Being out coached is huge though ain't it?
66 Chevelle

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 03:40:40 AM »

and playing a team that has nothing to lose can be problematic as well... they take more chances and do more unpredictable things...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 03:47:14 AM »

Being out coached is huge though ain't it?

one thing that should be taken, or learned, from this game is that if your players are buying what you're selling the average player can become a good player. June Jones is turning this team around... Maybe after this game our D will see that they can't just rely on Magic Matt and the Mirical Machine to bail them out...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »

I 'think' that game really cost us any realistic chance at 1st in the West.  Too bad as it would have made the last game of the year a great one.  Now they really have to focus for the final stretch so they don't risk losing the chance to host the semi.
bwiser

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 03:32:37 PM »

The biggest problem with the Hamilton game was that the Tiger Cats were playing for their playoff lives while the game was almost meaningless for the Bombers.The Bombers will likely windup getting second place whether they won or lost that game.The chance of getting first was a longshot at best.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 03:42:47 PM »

The biggest problem with the Hamilton game was that the Tiger Cats were playing for their playoff lives while the game was almost meaningless for the Bombers.The Bombers will likely windup getting second place whether they won or lost that game.The chance of getting first was a longshot at best.

My math may be bad but if he bombers lose the last 4 all they get is the cross over. And losing all of the last 4 is not an impossibility by any stretch.

We have two against BC at home - and hopefully will win at least 1
We are at Toronto with Toronto needing the win same as us
We are in Calgary who will play backups however we have had zero success against the Stamps no matter who they field.
TBURGESS

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 03:56:03 PM »

I hate being 'That Guy', but chill folks. It's just one game. As long as we learn from it and play well again next week, no problem. If we lose to the Lions, who have only won once in the last 7 games, then we have a real problem.

Being right never gets old.
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 04:03:46 PM »

I hate being 'That Guy', but chill folks. It's just one game. As long as we learn from it and play well again next week, no problem. If we lose to the Lions, who have only won once in the last 7 games, then we have a real problem.
I'm now nervous for the BC game, worried how they respond.
the paw

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 04:46:28 PM »

I think I want to frame this post for posterity....

grab grass 'n growl
dd

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 05:13:44 PM »

Both the Lions and Bombers laid eggs in their last games. The Leo's had a 19 point lead and gassed the game vs Ottawa, and well, we know all about what we did. I think both teams are going to be anxious to get things going again. The Leo's will be more desparate as they can't afford to loose anymore games, whereas the Bombers aren't on the hot seat right now. I just hope they don't go into this funk at this time of the year thinking they don't have to win this game or that game, but we'll win when it counts as winning is not a tap you turn on and off, its a mindset and focus more than anything else, and we didn't look dialed in during the tabbie game.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 09:36:30 PM »

I'm now nervous for the BC game, worried how they respond.

For sure.  Why is it that we seem to catch every team coming off a bad loss and desperate for a win?  Argh.  If HAM had won vs TOR they probably wouldn't have been as fired up.  Really annoying.  Now we have the angry Lions to contend with.  Well, perhaps with the Lions that means Jennings just chuck deep INT's all night like he always does when he's desperate.  Hopefully we get 2nd half panic Jennings, not 1st half calm dink&dunk Jennings.
1chad

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 02:35:02 PM »

One game.  Don't panic.  The team will respond.  Waiting to hear the extent of our walking wounded.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: