Blue Bombers Forum
December 11, 2017, 04:12:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaching change  (Read 3107 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2017, 11:16:36 PM »

I think calling the D terrible is a bit harsh. And has Thorpe ever said he wanted to go to Winnipeg , I mean he is not a guaranteed replacement if Hall was fired right ?
Why would Thorpe state publicly that he wants to come to Winnipeg?  That never happens. Strange statement...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 02:58:16 AM »

I'm a fan of Hall, he's not nearly as bad as nearly everyone says.

That said, the expectations this year are huge, even the team acknowledges that.  Even Hall-fan me says we fire Hall if we lose the 1st playoff game.  But if we win 1, 2 or 3 playoff games, you gotta keep Hall.  (I will also make an exception if BB wins every single game remaining in the regular season but loses the WSF -- then you keep Hall.)

If Blue loses 2-3 of the last 4 and loses the WSF, I think MOS/KW/WM take a hard look at Thorpe.  He could really play out well here.  The WFC triad are loyal, but not insane.
DM83

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 06:07:53 AM »

Yeah, Hall is making a great contribution to a winning team! Sure, well Bring back Ryan Dinwiddie to lead us in the Grey Cup game.  One. Guy on all the posts on Hall and you are it.

Not defending Massoli is a joke. He's a one trick pony.stuff the run., make him stay in the pocket and "throw" and it's a thirty to fifteen game for the Bobbers.  Hamilton ran about five different plays. Come on. That's terrible
TecnoGenius

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 08:30:58 AM »

Yeah, Hall is making a great contribution to a winning team! Sure, well Bring back Ryan Dinwiddie to lead us in the Grey Cup game.  One Guy on all the posts on Hall and you are it.

Wrong.  There's at least 3 of us now!  Hall wins 2-3 playoff games this year and the other people (and you!) will be singing his praises!  If not, call up Thorpe.  Won't take long to find out...

Not defending Massoli is a joke. He's a one trick pony.stuff the run., make him stay in the pocket and "throw" and it's a thirty to fifteen game for the Bobbers.  Hamilton ran about five different plays. Come on. That's terrible

Not anymore.  Did you see his across-the-grain run throws he was tossing all the time the last 3 weeks?  He was chucking them so good almost none were dropped or overthrown.  Masoli's CFL future is looking brighter all the time.  If he can nail down some consistency, he'll be a force.  I bet he has a starting job somewhere next year if he decides to leave HAM.  Heck, I'd love to take him as a WPG #2 QB!
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 02:25:09 PM »

Why would Thorpe state publicly that he wants to come to Winnipeg?  That never happens. Strange statement...

Just saying I wonder if he even wants to come to Winnipeg.........
dd

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 02:30:19 PM »

Yeah, Hall is making a great contribution to a winning team! Sure, well Bring back Ryan Dinwiddie to lead us in the Grey Cup game.  One. Guy on all the posts on Hall and you are it.

You're right, defenses have got to take away what Masoli does good---roll out and run, and make him do what he's not very good at, throwing the ball. We didn't do that, our D line played poorly, we miss Westerman more than most will admit
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 06:09:32 PM »

If the Bombers had a DC opening and offered him a contract, why wouldn't he? Huh

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 06:12:59 PM »

If the Bombers had a DC opening and offered him a contract, why wouldn't he? Huh

Jus sayin it ain't an automatic slam dunk move.....
Horseman

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2017, 10:44:07 PM »

Offer him enough money and if necessary the assistance HC title and I am sure he would come here, why wouldn't he? It's not like Winnipeg is Regina! Grin
dd

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2017, 11:16:32 PM »

For someone who's from a major metropolitan urban centre in canada, regina and winnipeg are pretty much the same thing
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2017, 05:58:30 AM »

I wouldn't want to get Thorpe in.  Hall has shown that he can win if given the right tools.  But yes, our defence does suck in it's current form.  If Hall doesn't fix it by next year, we should be looking.
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 06:16:40 PM »

Jus sayin it ain't an automatic slam dunk move.....

And who said it is...? Huh

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
bowlerdude

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 06:24:57 PM »

You're right, defenses have got to take away what Masoli does good---roll out and run, and make him do what he's not very good at, throwing the ball. We didn't do that, our D line played poorly, we miss Westerman more than most will admit

I've been heavily critical of Masoli in the past, but he's come a long way as a QB.

He's always had a rocket arm and he's getting better at using it. Admittedly, our DBs didn't have a good night either. But that bomb on the TD to Banks couldn't possibly have been more perfect. His ball placement has been spot on recently, which is the biggest issue he had before. I think he's still probably prone to mistakes if you get pressure on him, but so is Mike Reilly and that hasn't stopped him from having a lot of success.
Horseman

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 06:48:37 PM »

For someone who's from a major metropolitan urban centre in canada, regina and winnipeg are pretty much the same thing

So you've never been to Regina or Winnipeg...if you had you never would have said this, Regina is very famous for being the CROTCH of Canada!!!!!! Cheesy
Horseman

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 06:50:21 PM »

I wouldn't want to get Thorpe in.  Hall has shown that he can win if given the right tools.  But yes, our defence does suck in it's current form.  If Hall doesn't fix it by next year, we should be looking.

Hall has been here for three years and he still hasn't fixed it...time to move on, how much longer do you want to be saying, "wait until next year".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: